Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you add an off-camera light and kill the camera LEDs? I think that would help your image a lot AND get the bugs concentrated on another target.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

Get a 1 star review today,

I think this guy maybe think the cam can work without any light and still can work well at low light? Maybe later i will add this cam have to work with LED illumination on when you use it at low light place.
Any guy bought this cam and love it can help write some review, not really need too fancy, just write up your thinkings/experience about this cam. Thanks a lot.

1684855293099.png

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's not an honest review or this customer didn't do the research. The IPC-Color4K-T and Color4K-X both work great as long as you have decent light even without the LED illumination. It will not work only for the location that is pitch black. It's the customer's own fault for buying the wrong camera. He should've buy something like a 5442 instead.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
That's not an honest review or this customer didn't do the research. The IPC-Color4K-T and Color4K-X both work great as long as you have decent light even without the LED illumination. It will not work only for the location that is pitch black. It's the customer's own fault for buying the wrong camera. He should've buy something like a 5442 instead.
This is why so many small sellers become frustrated with (Sc)Amazon. Same with AirBNB hosts. It's too easy for someone to leave an unfair review and almost impossible to have that review removed.

I have friends who operate a cigar-smoking store online. Humidors, lighters, ashtrays, etc. They have a packaging table with a 4K camera and record all items being packaged. When someone tries to return a $150 cigar lighter with a scratch on it, for example, they send them the video and the buyer doesn't contact them again. There's just too many dishonest people in the world.

And imagine how little the average consumer knows about these cameras! A fairly tech-savvy friend of mine recently asked me about buying wireless cameras for his girlfriend's place. I directed him to join this forum and sent him some links of articles by @wittaj @samplenhold and other knowledgeable folks.

The internet provides a reasonable level of anonymity for those who want it.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is why so many small sellers become frustrated with (Sc)Amazon. Same with AirBNB hosts. It's too easy for someone to leave an unfair review and almost impossible to have that review removed.

I have friends who operate a cigar-smoking store online. Humidors, lighters, ashtrays, etc. They have a packaging table with a 4K camera and record all items being packaged. When someone tries to return a $150 cigar lighter with a scratch on it, for example, they send them the video and the buyer doesn't contact them again. There's just too many dishonest people in the world.

And imagine how little the average consumer knows about these cameras! A fairly tech-savvy friend of mine recently asked me about buying wireless cameras for his girlfriend's place. I directed him to join this forum and sent him some links of articles by @wittaj @samplenhold and other knowledgeable folks.

The internet provides a reasonable level of anonymity for those who want it.
I wish Amazon would allow Seller to respond to these bad reviews. I believe everyone needs two sides to Every story...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't they allow YOU to comment on the review?
I know I can ask questions but I have not found where I can comment on someone's review.

Just doing a quick search looks like they took that away a few years back:
1684930300498.png

It probably is a bad idea to let users comment with all the stupidity out there today, but at least let the Seller comment.

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Andy, which firmware do you recommend for this camera right now?

This is what it came with
System Version
V3.120.0000000.2.R, Build Date: 2022-10-21

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DRUM ROLL.........

With help from above, I have figured out the APIs to change profiles for this camera!!!!!

Here is the API to go to Night profile :

Code:
http://USER:PW@IPADDRESS/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.SwitchMode=3&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.DayNightColor=0

Here is the API to go to Day profile :

Code:
http://USER:PW@IPADDRESS/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.SwitchMode=0&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.DayNightColor=0

This code will overwrite the schedules in the GUI - when you run the night API, it will change all the times and months to NIGHT and when you run the day profile, it will change all the schedules in the GUI to DAY.

So we cannot use the standalone sunrise/sunset utility, but fortunately @bp2008 provided updated instructions in that thread on how to make it happen in BI, we just need to change the API in his instructions to this one.

Reading through old threads and came across this, @wittaj. I'm coming from web 4.0 on my 5442's to 5.0 now on my PTZ. Are you setting your Day and Night profile settings differently and then just using these API calls to swap profiles? That's the way it works on my 5442's, but these calls don't switch Profiles for me on my PTZ. I'm getting an "OK" response, so something is changing. Just not sure if I'm setting things correctly in the cam GUI itself :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reading through old threads and came across this, @wittaj. I'm coming from web 4.0 on my 5442's to 5.0 now on my PTZ. Are you setting your Day and Night profile settings differently and then just using these API calls to swap profiles? That's the way it works on my 5442's, but these calls don't switch Profiles for me on my PTZ. I'm getting an "OK" response, so something is changing. Just not sure if I'm setting things correctly in the cam GUI itself :)
Yeah we have found the new GUI is a mess with regards to APIs. No consistency with the prior GUI or even the few cameras using the new GUI.

I couldn't get the PTZ using this GUI to actually do it, so I went into the schedule and put in times per month. That part of the GUI is better than the generic schedule of the old one, but it means the day and night profiles will be off a bit.

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah we have found the new GUI is a mess with regards to APIs. No consistency with the prior GUI or even the few cameras using the new GUI.

I couldn't get the PTZ using this GUI to actually do it, so I went into the schedule and put in times per month. That part of the GUI is better than the generic schedule of the old one, but it means the day and night profiles will be off a bit.
Gotcha. I guess I'll do that then.

Such a bummer that the software is what hinders these cams like this. The hardware is so good.

I understand we're not the intended market, but still... a software regression in the business world would be a big deal.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Gator Cam (Color4K-T 3.6mm) is working better with the bugs at night. Toned down the LED intensity to 50%, went to B&W and they seem to get tired of it pretty quickly. Still a lot of bugs, but useable.

Daytime continues to be excellent. Here's a dusk shot of Theodore heading off to bed

View attachment Home_ch5_20230603193832_20230603193913.mp4

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Gator Cam (Color4K-T 3.6mm) is working better with the bugs at night. Toned down the LED intensity to 50%, went to B&W and they seem to get tired of it pretty quickly. Still a lot of bugs, but useable.

Daytime continues to be excellent. Here's a dusk shot of Theodore heading off to bed

View attachment 164761
In Port Aransas there is a huge old gator they call Boots :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Spoke too soon. 2 days of rain and our normal summer humidity has returned and they come out ready to rumble at about 9pm, they die down some after 10-11pm

Back to color. Here's samples at 25%, 65%, and 100%
LEDS25-Home_GatorCam-Color4K-T_main_20230604213639_@5.jpg LEDS65-Home_GatorCam-Color4K-T_main_20230604213702_@5.jpg LEDS100-Home_GatorCam-Color4K-T_main_20230604213826_@5.jpg

All running 1/120 btw

View attachment Home_ch5_20230604212607_20230604212626.mp4

Last edited:

BelMa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Andy, which firmware do you recommend for this camera right now?

This is what it came with
System Version
V3.120.0000000.2.R, Build Date: 2022-10-21
As per Andy new web site, seems that last firmware for Color4K-T is 2023-02-27.