Will Windows 11 Make Windows an even more corroborated mess?

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I used to switch back and forth between 2000 and XP back in the day. In fact I used to dual-boot both operating systems
Yeah, if I remember correctly, I put off installing XP for many, many years, nearly up until the point that Windows 7 was released in 2009. I always felt that Windows 2000 just never caught on, as few people even seemed to know of its existence. Plus, it wasn't "pretty" the way consumer oriented XP was, it just worked.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If you use media creation tools to create a bootable W11 install media then the current version allows you to bypass TPM and CPU warnings, this is what I did in my laptop.

For in place upgrades then there are a few registry keys that MS mention in their W11 page that again slow you to bypass.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you use media creation tools to create a bootable W11 install media then the current version allows you to bypass TPM and CPU warnings, this is what I did in my laptop.

For in place upgrades then there are a few registry keys that MS mention in their W11 page that again slow you to bypass.
I could be wrong on this, but I thought I had heard that MS was going to treat the machines that have Windows 11 installed with these TPM and CPU workarounds as essentially "test-bed only" computers for their owners, and cut them off from future updates. So yes, they allow you preview the Win11 "experience", but are not practical for long-term deployment.
Again, correct me if I am wrong here, as I don't have my source for that info at hand.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could be wrong on this, but I thought I had heard that MS was going to treat the machines that have Windows 11 installed with these TPM and CPU workarounds as essentially "test-bed only" computers for their owners, and cut them off from future updates. So yes, they allow you preview the Win11 "experience", but are not practical for long-term deployment.
Again, correct me if I am wrong here, as I don't have my source for that info at hand.
So from what I have been reading and from the second video I posted above, if you do a clean Install then Microsoft does not recheck your hardware, not to say they couldn't in the future but I am thinking this is a way they distinguish between upgrades and full installs. Time will tell. I am one to Always do a clean install anyway...
I understand their reasoning to try and weed out older hardware, less support issues, thinking they should maybe ought to do a WIN11 Lite version for older hardware which may get some to want more features and upgrade but what do I know :)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
So Windows has automated updates, especially if you're in their Insider program. So now I use the automated update function as my new alarm clock every morning. The fans spool, and I wake up :rofl:

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My suggestion is to download the present ISO or make a USB installer before this happens:

I just installed Windows 11 Pro on a new custom built desktop not connected to the Internet, created a Local Account instead of signing into a Microsoft Account. It installed fine, just like WIN10. I am keeping this version incase the above happens for first time installs.

This is the version/build I installed:

1645532269845.png