Which firmware for SD49425XB-HNR, NP or PN?

Reaction score
From the Duhua website, there are two versions of firmware available for the SD49425XB-HNR:

DH_SD-Prometheus_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.810.0000025.3.R.210705
DH_SD-Prometheus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.810.0000025.3.R.210705

The README.txt says all versions supported so my question is what is the difference between the two? I'm interested in having a valid firmware on hand.

Cheers!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
DO NOT UPDATE THIS CAMERA if you have auto tracking - newer firmware versions eliminated auto track.

You really need to be asking yourself why are you updating? If it is just for grins and giggles or OCD behavior to be running the latest firmware, think twice.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need or bricks the camera. In most instances, updates are simply security vulnerability patches (usually years after the breach was found), but since we do not give our cameras internet access, the update is useless to us.

Here are issues I have seen people report here where they were upgrading just for the sake of upgrading:
  • A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind,
  • The Dahua 49225 and 49425 PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind,
  • A Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen.
  • A Hikvision camera that the user lost ability to control the LED light function at night.
  • Countless other instances where the camera simply bricked and became useless.
  • Countless examples where the camera went into Chinese.
Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1642464399004.png

Reaction score
wittaj, thanks for the immediate response!! I have been looking at finding and then loading auto-tracking firmware but wanted to have a known good firmware in case I have to roll everything back. The firmware I've referenced was from Andy's response over on Amazon. What I have onboard currently is V2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2522.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-12 and I've yet to find any Smart Plan, let alone auto-tracking, features on the interface though the User's Manual shows both.

Rest assured, I am not interested in change for the sake of change, however, auto-track is worthwhile.

Cheers!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First use Internet Explorer as this camera more than most will not hold or show all settings in other browsers.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then select the object filters you want.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

Make sure that Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off.

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL.

1642468025497.png

If you do not have the above screen, then you have a version without autotrack.

Reaction score
wittaj, first let me truly thank you for all your able assistance as I feel that there was a Noob readme that I missed!!

I had been using Firefox but, per your instructions, I just enabled IE 11, however, both browsers show the same options; i.e., no IVS, no smart plan, etc. I am able to create presets. Yay!! All of this leads me to believe that the firmware change would be advisable.

At this point, should I use one of the two available to me in the hope that IVS/auto track is available or find a known good auto track firmware is the question.

Cheers!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My PTZs are on the firmware that you have. That is the last firmware with autotracking.

1642471851237.png

Windows likes to screw with you LOL - make sure it is actually IE and not Edge because it has a tendency to switch it without you knowing.

I suspect there is still a step you are missing. Maybe try a factory reset and start over in the event setting it up initially with Firefox screwed up something.

When you log into it with IE, it should ask you to download a plug-in.

Reaction score
wittja, this screenshot of IE shows there's a difference between our PTZ versions and what my options are under the Events menu.

settings.jpg
On first run of IE connecting to the camera, there was a couple of plugins (from China) installed and I have noticed a couple of options under IE that I'd not seen in FF before, however, nothing like IVS or autotrack. Do you recommend the software factory reset or am I climbing a ladder to push a tiny, pin-hole button?

Cheers!!

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Power cycle the camera first.
Reset it back to factory defaults using the WebGUI, then set it back up from scratch, don't import any saved settings.
Be certain you are using pure IE, and not edge or any other browser.

You might have to uninstall previous plugins to get the new download to work correctly.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe the PTZ version is irrelevant for what you are describing. It is the main System Version where autotracking resides. The PTZ version is as it relates to how it communicates to a VMS like Blue Iris or an NVR to allow you to control the PTZ from that interface.

One thing I can tell you for sure is that if you upgrade that firmware to a newer date, autotracking is gone for sure.

But yes, do as @looney2ns outlined - no need to get on a ladder. This is one of the reasons why we also say to bench test before installing any camera as you would have known then there was an issue before installing it.

Where did you buy the camera from? If it wasn't from Andy @EMPIRETECANDY then it doesn't come with autotracking. He is the only vendor that still has it with autotracking. So if you purchased from Andy and do as we suggested to factory reset and it still doesn't work, Andy can send you the firmware in the event something got buggy in yours.

Reaction score
wittja, looney2ns: Gents, thank you very much for the able assistance ya'll are providing. I do recognize the hand-holding you two are doing and I thank you for it.

Being a total rookie at this, my bench test consisted of getting it connected to the network, seeing the PTZ work and beautiful images, and then hanging it on the wall. Common Rookie Mistake. I didn't know what to expect, let alone look for. I got the camera from what I thought was @EMPIRETECANDY's store at Amazon from this link:

I'm gonna redo IE, a GUI factory reset, and see how that all turns out.

Cheers!!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
wittja, this screenshot of IE shows there's a difference between our PTZ versions and what my options are under the Events menu.

View attachment 115925

On first run of IE connecting to the camera, there was a couple of plugins (from China) installed and I have noticed a couple of options under IE that I'd not seen in FF before, however, nothing like IVS or autotrack. Do you recommend the software factory reset or am I climbing a ladder to push a tiny, pin-hole button?

Cheers!!
Your versions, system, web, ONVIF and PTZ, exactly match mine, which I got from Andy around Christmas. And yes, mine does the auto tracking and has several other Event submenu items.

Reaction score
Gents, thank you very much and the factory reset worked exactly as expected. As I was like a 4 year old poking around in a laboratory, I was on Firefox connecting to the camera, and felt that everything was working fine. Obviously not the case. Now on IE and have stopped poking the firmware bear as I can see the IVS under the Events tab. I'll very carefully read, read, then re-read the instructions for the rest of the setup later.

Cheers!!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wittja, looney2ns: Gents, thank you very much for the able assistance ya'll are providing. I do recognize the hand-holding you two are doing and I thank you for it.

Being a total rookie at this, my bench test consisted of getting it connected to the network, seeing the PTZ work and beautiful images, and then hanging it on the wall. Common Rookie Mistake. I didn't know what to expect, let alone look for. I got the camera from what I thought was @EMPIRETECANDY's store at Amazon from this link:

I'm gonna redo IE, a GUI factory reset, and see how that all turns out.

Cheers!!
That is Andys Store.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone has issue with focus on the camera not staying after applying preset? I through presets also set focus, my focus value is set to
*Semi Auto: And according to dahua wiki The camera automatically adjusts the focus after Zoom functions only. Yet it also tries to refocus on pan and tilt. Does it suppose to do that in this mode?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, because the focus will change with every different field of view. Try turning PFA on and try it off and see which one works best for you.

www.ptvc.ch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hello I just bought used Dahua DH-SD49425XB-HNR, WEB VersionV3.2.1.1283440.P9 Version ONVIF21.12(V3.1.0.1207744) V2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642 Secure basic versionV2.2

autotracking doesn't work for me

I can't get the camera to follow him. I think this is the wrong firmware, can you help me? thank you in advance for your help and support