where to locate new firmware for SD1A203T-GN

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I haven't updated my firmware in this camera. the issue i have since new is it wont switch from night back to day. I was hoping a new firmware may help. I am running :

Device TypeSD1A203T-GN
System Version2.623.0000000.7.R.R4.383, Build Date: 2018-11-24

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want to run night and day settings, you need to set up a schedule in the camera itself or it will use the general settings and simply switch B/W to color based on available light.

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you want to run night and day settings, you need to set up a schedule in the camera itself or it will use the general settings and simply switch B/W to color based on available light.
Ok All my other cameras i have the same setting and they always switch, but I can try that.

Should the firmware be upgrades anyway for safety?

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will play with the settings first , I would hate to brick the camera because its been working so good besides the day/night thing

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Smart Move! I believe it is the schedule that will do what you want and I doubt firmware fixes it as not even brand new Dahua cameras have the feature working the way it should!

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
SD-Mao-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_IVS_V2.800.0000000.4.R.191105.zip is the most stable/latest version.