Where is the reset button on a Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE PTZ Camera

fritzycat1

n3wb
Reaction score
I originally posted this on the CCTVForum site, but didn't see much interest in the post there. Thought I would try here too:

Does anybody know where I can find the reset button on the Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE PTZ Camera? I removed the dome and found the Micro-SD slot, and the serial (debug) port, but I can't seem to find the reset button?! Any ideas where to look?
Thanks!

I'm looking to reset to factory defaults AND reset the password (password has been lost). If there is no reset button and there is an alternate method for resetting the password, please let me know! ( Installed Firmware: V5.6.11build 190426 )

Thanks for the help!,
-Fritz

Attachments

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello
You can try method TFTP TFTPServ upgrade for reset password your camera.
You need use firmware as same firmware your camera

barrowman

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have that camera but have a PTZ-N24041-DE3. The reset button in it is tiny, very tiny
If yours is like it you just might not have seen it! The one in mine is black and only about as thick as a pencil lead.

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just set up the same camera and looked for it as well. Couldn't find anything.

W_M

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the same situation. I've change a parameter related to HTTP on the web interface and I cannot access it anymore. Did you find any reset button on the camera or any other way to "hard" reset it ?

Thanks for your help,
Kind regards,

WM

fritzycat1

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. I found the reset button - thanks for the reminder to update this post.

Reset button is found on top of the camera module. To access:
  1. Remove 4 black plugs over the screws holding the dome on.
  2. Remove 4 screws holding the dome on.
  3. Remove one screw on camera shroud (just below the lens).
  4. Squeeze shroud at joint on opposite end (like a lemon half). This will release the two clips holding the shroud halves together.
  5. Reset button is on circuit board above camera (just below a set of fine wires). See photo below - button is shown at the tip of the screwdriver, just under the green/white wires.
Note - You might be able to reset it without removing the plastic shroud. I able to reach the reset button by using a plastic screwdriver through one of the slots in the shroud. I wouldn't recommend using a metal screwdriver since you may short something out.

Image.png

fritzycat1

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, this is the first time I received an email notification that someone replied to my original post?!. My (belated) thanks to everyone who took the time to reply back in February.

DEADBEEF

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, had one of these on the bench for a while that needs resetting as not accessible via web UI.
Had been putting this off as there was no mention of it in any manuals I could find.

Thanks.

PS. What a stupid place for a reset button.

mrfusi0n

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if it's helpful to link here but I found the reset button on a similar Hikvision model DS-2DE3A400BW-DE camera. I have to say I'm surprised how different the reset button can be in type and location from one camera model to the next. I could not find any specific information for my camera model but found this thread very helpful since it showed an example of what to look for.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I originally posted this on the CCTVForum site, but didn't see much interest in the post there. Thought I would try here too:

Does anybody know where I can find the reset button on the Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE PTZ Camera? I removed the dome and found the Micro-SD slot, and the serial (debug) port, but I can't seem to find the reset button?! Any ideas where to look?
Thanks!

I'm looking to reset to factory defaults AND reset the password (password has been lost). If there is no reset button and there is an alternate method for resetting the password, please let me know! ( Installed Firmware: V5.6.11build 190426 )

Thanks for the help!,
-Fritz
I am looking for a replacement / upgrade from my fixed camera and was eyeballing this camera. How has it been and can you offer any insight as to any issues?

pitasim

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. I found the reset button - thanks for the reminder to update this post.

Reset button is found on top of the camera module. To access:
  1. Remove 4 black plugs over the screws holding the dome on.
  2. Remove 4 screws holding the dome on.
  3. Remove one screw on camera shroud (just below the lens).
  4. Squeeze shroud at joint on opposite end (like a lemon half). This will release the two clips holding the shroud halves together.
  5. Reset button is on circuit board above camera (just below a set of fine wires). See photo below - button is shown at the tip of the screwdriver, just under the green/white wires.
Note - You might be able to reset it without removing the plastic shroud. I able to reach the reset button by using a plastic screwdriver through one of the slots in the shroud. I wouldn't recommend using a metal screwdriver since you may short something out.

View attachment 69417
Hi there, what is the reset procedure please. Should the camera be turned on when pressing the reset button? help is very much appreciated

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Should the camera be turned on when pressing the reset button?
What have you tried so far that's not worked?
If it's like other Hikvision cameras, the way to perform the factory reset is to press the button, power on the camera while keeping the button pressed for around 45 seconds then release it.
SADP should then show the status as 'Inactive'.

pitasim

n3wb
Reaction score
If it's like other Hikvision cameras, the way to perform the factory reset is to press the button, power on the camera while keeping the button pressed for around 45 seconds then release it.
I did not try anything yet...just asking because I didn't want to do an
I just wanted to ask before I do something wrong. Thanks for the advice, I will try that

paulpeter

n3wb
Reaction score

Thanks!

Thanks for the help!,
-Fritz
if you can access the camera in one LAN, you can reset the password by hikvison sadp tool with the help from Hikvision technical support

pitasim

n3wb
Reaction score
if you can access the camera in one LAN, you can reset the password by hikvison sadp tool with the help from Hikvision technical support
Thank you Paulpeter for your fast response. I did reset the camera with the internal reset button as advised by Alastairstevenson and used the SADP toll to put a new password in. All worked well. I tried Hikvision support using the SADP tool but did not get a response from technical support. Thank you very much for your prompt help. Cheers, Peter