Where do you typically install a NVR and monitor in the home? Any pics for inspiration?

Iampd

n3wb
Reaction score
I am in the process of installing all my cameras, but haven’t given much thought as to where the NVR should go. The basement seems like a logical choice, as all the ethernet cable runs can easily terminate there, and if the NVR fan is loud, it wouldn’t matter too much. However, I assume most people connect a monitor to the NVR? If so, perhaps that should be situated somewhere more central on the main living floor of the home? Does the monitor typically reside near the NVR? Is the NVR typically mounted on a desk, wall, or rack? I need some inspiration, so any pics of a really nice, clean NVR and monitor install would be appreciated.

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have my NVR high up in a locked enclosure located in my master bedroom closet. It's also mounted to the studs as well. Can only be accessed with a tall ladder.

Attachments

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
My virtualization host (which runs a Blue Iris VM) is headless under a desk in the master bedroom. However, all my ethernet runs (cameras and each bedroom) go to a network panel in the laundry room. So that allows me to place the host in any bedroom I choose.