Where do you generally purchase your cameras? (USA)

protocol57

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't need the nvr, but a set of exterior cameras would be good.
Greetings fellow Atlantan! Curious what your reasoning is for not wanting an NVR... or do you mean you already have one?

I've been playing around with a really cheap a raspberry pi 3 loaded with motionEyeOS as an "NVR" - you kinda have to play around with the settings a bit, but it's super customizable (read hackable) which I really like.

votive

n3wb
Reaction score
For the OP:

Shipped: Origin Service Area HONG KONG HONG KONG Picked Up 06 July 2017 at 12.51

&

Delivered: Florida 07 July 2017 at 16.01

That is crazy fast by any measurement.

Everything double boxed and fresh....eg Mfg date on the NVR is 4/15/2017.

Andy has me as a continued customer for sure.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY how do I find out which cameras you have in stock currently?
Hi @TheOne4eva

iirc normally the products likely to be in-stock and available are listed with normal looking prices in his Aliexpress store.. when you see a high price, that normally indicates out of stock.

While that is probably not exact, it should at least help give you an idea until Andy is able to reply. Remember Andy is set to go on vacation soon ( 7/27/2018 iirc )

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll add my vote for getting Dahua cams from Andy. I just got a couple of the relatively new varifocal turrets (IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS) from him, and they arrived super-fast!

Those might be closer to what the OP was seeking because they're about $50 less than the 5231. No sound, and a few less features, but they seem like a great alternative.