What is normal cpu usage?

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going to try re-installing win10 tonight in hopes of fixing this issue. Wish me luck :) I'm going to start by removing the nVidia 1060 card and once its up and running on the HD3000 and with BI I'll add it in after and see if there are any issues as I go. If I can get this working without the nVidia card I plan on buy me another computer for myself and leave this dedicated with just BI.

Last edited:

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well I guess its possible but I ran both cameras through VLC and it was only taking up ~6%

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my cameras are setup as headless IP cameras streaming RTSP using h.264. I opened both streams in VLC and I verified that the streams were encoded using h.264 in VLC

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So right now I'm on a completely fresh install of windows10, with only the HD3000 running (the nVidia 1060 card is not in the computer) and the CPU is doing the exact same thing except this time if I enable intel acceleration I lose the camera feeds.

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hopefully only changing this and the ram, windows doesnt deny me my license

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Problem solved!
That wont solve your problem...Will just cost you money...Again, your load with your current processor should run at about 10 percent. This is fact. Throwing more power at the problem is silly. If you did want to replace the system a 120 dollar i5-6500 based system from ebay is way more than sufficient.

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I reformatted and its not working and it looks like my rig isnt going to work with win10. I will probably try reinstall win7 because that is reported working.

My last purchase if im honest its more an upgrade for my for me. I'm still going to keep an eye open for a cheap standalone like you suggested.

Last edited:

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can get a HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Tiny Mini PC Core i5 6500T 8GB RAM 240GB SSD WiFi Windows10 Professional for $200CAN, thats like $150US. I know the T is not favorable but its reasonably priced. It is the T model CPU, how many Mb/sec can this potentially be able to process? At most I might eventually have 6-8 cameras without using substreams, Would it be sufficient for the task?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can get a HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Tiny Mini PC Core i5 6500T 8GB RAM 240GB SSD WiFi Windows10 Professional for $200CAN, thats like $150US. I know the T is not favorable but its reasonably priced. It is the T model CPU, how many Mb/sec can this potentially be able to process? At most I might eventually have 6-8 cameras without using substreams, Would it be sufficient for the task?
The biggest problem is there is no room for proper internal storage.

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It has one M.2 port and I can get a 1TB for $134CAN, and if needed I can always upgrade the SSD or connect an external drive. I won't be recording continuous only the triggered content. I think I should be good. How many Mbit/sec should this unit be able to handle?

Last edited:

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I figured I would update this as I finally found that the RasPi cameras using VLC to stream was causing the issue. I still cannot understand why the CPU loading would only happen in BI and not when viewing the stream on a VLC client. I received my new HP Elite Desk SFF and was getting the same high CPU loading. I figured I would try a different method of streaming on the Pi. I tried v4l2rtspserver on one of my Pi's and even with double the bitrate I was getting 3% load. The only thing I don't really like about this streaming method is there is no way to remove the watermark overlay in the stream. I read the dev was accepting donations for unlock keys but he isn't responding. I'm going to try the ffmpeg method later this week when I have more time.