What did you buy on Amazon day?

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So what did you buy from Amazon on prime day?

I have been eyeing up the Asus AX11000 router for awhile. The price of $549 is a little too high for my blood right now. And wifi 6a is not ready anyway.

So I am taking a chance on the TP-Link AX73 for now. It will be an upgrade from my C2300.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought a Gen 2 Echo Show to try... One day if BI adds the Amazon/Echo support again... It could be useful for quick tracking at night in our bed room.

Any tips here on how we can ask Ken and team to add Google Home and Alexa support for those who want it?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought a Gen 2 Echo Show to try... One day if BI adds the Amazon/Echo support again... It could be useful for quick tracking at night in our bed room.

Any tips here on how we can ask Ken and team to add Google Home and Alexa support for those who want it?
You can do it now using Monocle and individual cams (a cam in BI should work too but I can't make it do so) but it's round-about and doesn't work all that great. Much delay before whatever triggered the cam is displayed. e.g., I use a Show to pop up when someone comes to the door. Picks up the mailman every day. But given the delay by the time it displays, they're long gone unless they linger for a while.

I think that still would apply with direct integration with BI since most all of that delay is related to the Show.

All that said, it is kind of handy to have on my desk to know I have mail or a package.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can do it now using Monocle and individual cams (a cam in BI should work too but I can't make it do so) but it's round-about and doesn't work all that great. Much delay before whatever triggered the cam is displayed. e.g., I use a Show to pop up when someone comes to the door. Picks up the mailman every day. But given the delay by the time it displays, they're long gone unless they linger for a while.

I think that still would apply with direct integration with BI since most all of that delay is related to the Show.

All that said, it is kind of handy to have on my desk to know I have mail or a package.
Can you point me to a tutorial for it?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you point me to a tutorial for it?
Not really any good single source that I've seen.

Monocle is here:

Take a look at the "Getting Started" pages.

There also are some threads here discussing. Google search:
site:ipcamtalk.com monocle

I believe that you'll need to install the Monocle Gateway to make it work now with current Echo devices due to security requirements.

If you want the display on the Show to be triggered automatically by the cam, then you also can use something called Voice Monkey:

Again threads here:
site:ipcamtalk.com voice monkey

It's not as clear how to set up. Initially I had some problems with it due I think to server unavailability/overload on their end, but it's been working OK for a while now.

See post #13 and following in this thread:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Loryta IPC-T2231T-ZS and a 5442AS LED 6mm from Andy. Yesterday.
My master (of disaster )Plan is coming to together. Mwuhaha....Ditch the DVR in remote Garage, Add an Nvr and one 5442 to gain some audio back yonder..... :thumb:.
So things are falling into place..... small Amcrest 4108 NVR arrived a few days ago. The 4TB WD purp (with 200 hr's on it) is arriving tomorrow. And now these 2 cams, and 1 varifocal Z12 ( older version) IPC-HFW5231EP-Z12 ....I'll be catching plates in back, where Historically we have had the most problems.

We got Bookoo Movement, Bravo 2 Bravo2 be advised Bunker Complex.
....1 Adam-12 see the man.....
(Edit) The amcrest Pentabrid dvr is coming home to daddy. " were gonna call it a Heat related failure",:cool: I'm gonna burn the home Nightowl dvr in the firepit and laugh Maniacally.