Weird "network abnormal" error message - help please

ipso

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m hoping there's a guru somewhere out there who can shed light on a weird problem. Background: I have multiple IPcams from various manufacturers including Hikvision DS-2CD2332-1 and over the years have routinely configured using Mac Safari, that is until now. I just got a new Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-1W and began the usual setup with Safari. I ran iVMS-4200 to get this particular camera's default IP then logged in with default Admin, changed Admin password to something more complex and added a restricted Operator user, then logged out. When I tried to log back in as Admin with this complex password the login page says “network abnormal”. Here’s the weird part - I am able to login as Admin using Firefox and also can login in using Safari but only to Operator.

I cross checked using iCab OSX (webkit based browser like Safari) and Safari on iOS and each time the same "network abnormal" error message. What would trigger such an error message with Safari but not Firefox? No extensions, no Firewall blocks, no Littlesnitch filtering, no host file blocks. Because I can access using Firefox it’s not critical but I’d really like to get to the bottom of this. Any suggestions?

Replicant

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, did you ever sold this? It's the same for me, then one day I upgraded the firmwares to the latest versions, and, while the cameras still give me the "network abnormal" message on Safari (FW: IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.4_161125), the NVR (FW: NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.91_161220) now let me in with Safari!

ipso

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I never did solve this but can still access using Firefox. I don't have a NVR to test. Another problem is the fact that Safari doesn't work with self signed certificates so I can't even get to the "network abnormal" stage.

Out of curiosity, what was the old firmware and what did you upgrade to? Does is display Chinese or English?

Replicant

n3wb
Reaction score
Mmm I don't remember, it was 4.3.something... I upgraded to the ones mentioned in my post above, English/european version.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it's a router fault not releasing the ip of the old firmware, easy to clean but rebooting both router and nvr at the same time clearing the old table out.

Replicant

n3wb
Reaction score
Mmm...it can't be, as it works correctly with Chrome and Firefox, this message is give only when using Safari on Mac or iOS.
I tried anyway rebooting the router and the NVR and didn't solve it, thanks anyway.