Warning - Avoid Cantonk.com and Alex from Cantonk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
dont worry, they increased the tax minimum to like >$800 IIRC.. it used to be >$200 and you'd see a tax bill from customs via the delivery company, so you'd get them to lie about value.. now you dont need to do that unless your buying alot in one go.. and thats probably not a wise idea to begin with, I mean who gets a pallet of boxes or a shipping container full of pallets delivered for $799 ;)

unless your not a US Resident, then well.. you'll need to know your own import dutys cuz I cant be expected to know that stuff :laugh:

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He's right, one other thing, DHL requires a signature 99% of the time, so have someone there the day of the delivery.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I received one with DHL shipping they sent me an email and told me if no one home to leave a note with tracking number and signature.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
He's right, one other thing, DHL requires a signature 99% of the time, so have someone there the day of the delivery.
DHL requires a signature every time until you sign a wavier and file with them then DHL will stop requiring signature and start leaving package at your door.

I have signed that wavier and they now just leave package on my back porch which is out of public view and you would have to walk pass at least two cameras to get to it anyway.

Bill

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was able to just email them with the Waybill number and they accepted my request to leave it. It is currently out for delivery.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Final post. Customer service was excellent. Shipping arrived within a day a estimates, no spam. Really fun camera...

Now I just need to build the computer and lay out some infrastructure...

File_005.jpegFile_000.jpegFile_002.jpegFile_003.jpegFile_004.jpegFile_001.jpeg

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hope it is not the final post, we want to see some pictures or video from the camera. :)

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
DHL requires a signature every time until you sign a wavier and file with them then DHL will stop requiring signature and start leaving package at your door.

I have signed that wavier and they now just leave package on my back porch which is out of public view and you would have to walk pass at least two cameras to get to it anyway.

Bill
My DHL is ultra low tech. I filled that form out online once because I didn't think someone would be home. Well, I was, and when the guy asked me for my signature I told him I already filled out the form online so I shouldn't have to. He had no way of checking so he asked for me to show him the online verification. Fat lot of good that would've done me if I hadn't been home. Delivered in an unlettered rusty plain white cube van that was easily over ten years old. If you miss them when they come to the door, they don't redeliver. You've got three days to pick it up at the depot far out in the industrial park on the opposite side of the city from me which has no full time staff. There's a window of about half an hour early in the morning and late in the afternoon where someone is there and can give it to you. If you don't pick it up they're supposed to return to sender. Bet that doesn't happen when the package is from China.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a fun thread title for a camera review. :)
Well, I was just about to place my order when this thread started...so I figured I'd demonstrate that the service and fulfillment were fine...and that I wasn't receiving any spam.