Wall of shame

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I have to laugh at this picture, not that I hope anyone got hurt or they had the misfortune to slip through. I did this once many years ago at a property I used to own. It was in the hallway, I had just started dating what is now my wife, and was up there cleaning out empty boxes my ex left in the attic. Got a little too cocky, quickly stepping joist to joist and missed one...Somewhere, she has a photo of the lower 2/3 of my body hanging through the ceiling.....

Reaction score
This is what happens when the guys doing the gate install do not communicate with the guys doing the camera installs.

Two years ago one of the board members asked me to draft up a plan for cams at one of the ranges for the Gun Club I belong to. They were going to install an electric gate and wanted LPR and other cams on the property. So I got out my laser rangefinder, sketched out some ideas with pictures and examples of what they could expect of images using my cams and LPR cams as examples. Never heard back.

Well they decided to get a different member that has a cam company to do the work. Here is a cam that was installed at our new gate. This is for LPR of vehicles that come in through the brand new gate that went live this week. Last Saturday I was RSO at the range and one of the guys that was in charge of putting in the new electric gate was showing me how it worked. He even told me that they had a sign to put up to inform the members where to stop to trip the in-ground coil to open the gate when they leave.

Today I was RSO at the range again and I see where they put the sign. Basically it effectively blocks the LPR cam. Not to mention that the IR will blast the sign at night and everything in that cam's FOV will be useless. Also, that it is useless for cars that do not have a front plate. My design had that covered as I had two cams at the entrance. One pointing at the front of the car and one pointing at the rear. Oh well.

IMG_4753.JPG

IMG_4752.JPG

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is what happens when the guys doing the gate install do not communicate with the guys doing the camera installs.

Two years ago one of the board members asked me to draft up a plan for cams at one of the ranges for the Gun Club I belong to. They were going to install an electric gate and wanted LPR and other cams on the property. So I got out my laser rangefinder, sketched out some ideas with pictures and examples of what they could expect of images using my cams and LPR cams as examples. Never heard back.

Well they decided to get a different member that has a cam company to do the work. Here is a cam that was installed at our new gate. This is for LPR of vehicles that come in through the brand new gate that went live this week. Last Saturday I was RSO at the range and one of the guys that was in charge of putting in the new electric gate was showing me how it worked. He even told me that they had a sign to put up to inform the members where to stop to trip the in-ground coil to open the gate when they leave.

Today I was RSO at the range again and I see where they put the sign. Basically it effectively blocks the LPR cam. Not to mention that the IR will blast the sign at night and everything in that cam's FOV will be useless. Also, that it is useless for cars that do not have a front plate. My design had that covered as I had two cams at the entrance. One pointing at the front of the car and one pointing at the rear. Oh well.

View attachment 144951

View attachment 144950
Do cars go in AND out after hours at the one gate on the right (as viewed in your images)?
In other words, the gate on the left does NOT swing ?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Gate on left does not swing. It will be unlocked for large competitions only or heavy equipment for the range.
That won't end well, just say'n.

Our range tried the buried coil method of opening the gate. It was a disaster due to folks not able to follow simple directions.
And you do know, people don't read nor heed signs. :smash:

We now have RFID gate cards required for entering and exiting after the buried coil mess.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 144951

View attachment 144950
You tried, we see the same type nonsense at our range.