Version 5 bugs and issues

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is queued for convert/export ticked in ' settings/ clips and archiving ' ?

DDD1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to BI but i thing that it is a bug that the profile "On change" doesn't trigger when the profile is changed manually.
I've set up a Web Request to trigger a specific POST (HTTP) request when the profiles are changed.
It works when I use the "test action set" flash button. But when I change the profiles in the drop down meny, nothing happens.
Have I missed something?

/D

Last edited:

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Installed BI5 today and looks like everthing transferred over so far EXCEPT any cameras that had scheduled events set up.
I checked those camera and the scheduled events are still there but none of them fired off. Anyone have any ideas or is this something I should send up to Ken?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Installed BI5 today and looks like everthing transferred over so far EXCEPT any cameras that had scheduled events set up.
I checked those camera and the scheduled events are still there but none of them fired off. Anyone have any ideas or is this something I should send up to Ken?
OK, I figured it out. It appears to me that when I installed BI5, while the cameras were brought over from v4, the profiles for each camera were unchecked by default. So I had to go into each camera settings that had a scheduled event and click on each scheduled event and choose one of two profiles I've set up (day and night). After I did that they all started behaving ok.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the android app I am now getting one of my cameras live video showing a group rather than the single camera. The recorded alerts and clips are for the single camera though.

Edit solved.

BI doesn't like a Cameras short name being the same as a group name. (Capitals don't make a difference).

Last edited:

mn_joe

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to Blue Iris 5 but so far it is far superior to my previous system. I think I have discovered a bug in 5.1.0.1 64 bit. Prior to creating custom recording folders for each camera I could watch clips locally or remotely without issue. I recently created custom recording paths so each camera has its own folder and subfolders based on the date (&CAM\%Y.%m.%d\&CAM.%Y%m%d_%H%M%S%t) The BI server runs as a service on a VM instance of Windows 10. When I log in locally and run BI via the local session I can view the clips/alerts just fine. When I log in remotely to BI from an installation on my laptop and try to play a clip the BI on my laptop crashes (server instance running on the VM stays alive). If I go back to the default recording storage location without the folders everything works fine and I can play clips from my remote laptop BI.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am new to Blue Iris 5 but so far it is far superior to my previous system. I think I have discovered a bug in 5.1.0.1 64 bit. Prior to creating custom recording folders for each camera I could watch clips locally or remotely without issue. I recently created custom recording paths so each camera has its own folder and subfolders based on the date (&CAM\%Y.%m.%d\&CAM.%Y%m%d_%H%M%S%t) The BI server runs as a service on a VM instance of Windows 10. When I log in locally and run BI via the local session I can view the clips/alerts just fine. When I log in remotely to BI from an installation on my laptop and try to play a clip the BI on my laptop crashes (server instance running on the VM stays alive). If I go back to the default recording storage location without the folders everything works fine and I can play clips from my remote laptop BI.
This might be something you need to send directly to support if you have the annual subscription. You can do this under the main settings screen.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what do you mean by... When I log in remotely to BI from an installation on my laptop ... you have two copies of BI ? Or are you using UI3 to look at the video ?

mn_joe

n3wb
Reaction score
When I log in via BI Remote Management. I have 2 licenses for BI, 1 running as a service on a windows 10 VM and 1 that I use to connect via BI remote management.

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been addressed already but I noticed a bug today. V4.8.6.3 x64

If you have both a group and a camera with the same name then they conflict with each other.

In my case I had a camera called Pool (short name Pool) and a second called PoolNorth (short name PoolNorth). They, and a couple of other camereas, were part of a group 'Pool'. On the server it looked fine but on remote viewing PoolNorth would not display - instead Pool would display in both windows.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been addressed already but I noticed a bug today. V4.8.6.3 x64

If you have both a group and a camera with the same name then they conflict with each other.

In my case I had a camera called Pool (short name Pool) and a second called PoolNorth (short name PoolNorth). They, and a couple of other camereas, were part of a group 'Pool'. On the server it looked fine but on remote viewing PoolNorth would not display - instead Pool would display in both windows.
This is for version 5 bugs!!

I don't think its a bug either to quote help file;

'Both the full name and the short name must be unique among all cameras and camera group
names. The short name may not both begin and end with a number—it must begin or end
with a letter. This allows the software to parse the camera short name from a filename.'

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
This is for version 5 bugs!!

I don't think its a bug either to quote help file;

'Both the full name and the short name must be unique among all cameras and camera group
names. The short name may not both begin and end with a number—it must begin or end
with a letter. This allows the software to parse the camera short name from a filename.'

That's fine. Just ignore it then.

Seems like it would be trivial for the program to restrict duplicates.