Version 5 bugs and issues

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So couple of issues, I am facing. So I cannot just import my old blueiris setting I think now I am finally able to after putting the latest update patch from ...

Blue Iris Updates

But it is like a smaller installer.. If I do this it seems like it is not saving licensing information it keeps on coming back up to put the license key again..

Anyone with similar issue ? Also now I am unable to do clean uninstall and try again.. it seems stuck .. Any tool to completely remove blue iris like force it too.. ?

Also what is the best method to pull this off ? Like To do a clean installation with that latest update .. But every time I do update afterward it is breaking things..

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sometimes this testing will make you pull your hair out....I feel the pain Ken has to go through. I decided to try the update on my system and no ghosting this time ?? And the new move the clip viewer to the right side works too. BUT I am getting the UI3 error as above posts are experiencing.

View attachment 43329
Can't seem to find that setting to move the clip viewer...probably too obvious! :D

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So couple of issues, I am facing. So I cannot just import my old blueiris setting I think now I am finally able to after putting the latest update patch from ...

Blue Iris Updates

But it is like a smaller installer.. If I do this it seems like it is not saving licensing information it keeps on coming back up to put the license key again..

Anyone with similar issue ? Also now I am unable to do clean uninstall and try again.. it seems stuck .. Any tool to completely remove blue iris like force it too.. ?

Also what is the best method to pull this off ? Like To do a clean installation with that latest update .. But every time I do update afterward it is breaking things..

I had to uninstall BI then clean out the registry of anything: Blue Iris, blueiris, Perspective Software.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you still have to do the update ? separately ? After installing BI5 ? and then import setting file ?
When you do the BI5 full install it also installs the latest update.

I imported a backup.reg file (not the one BI5 takes from BI4).

So, I uninstalled BI5 completely (including those items from the registry), rebooted, then installed BI5 (auto installs update) and rebooted again. Now if you only have the .reg file that BI5 gives you from BI4, then use that and hope for no problems....but if at any time you created a backup.reg file after making modifications to BI5, then use that. The key for me was to clean out the registry...some of the keys/values required permissions that I had to modify to make them accessible. There's a post #26 somewhere on one of these threads that tells you how to do that.

For permissions: Blue Iris 4 to 5 Migration Guide

Last edited:

Apollo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
V. 5.0.0.51 has been released and it fixes the web server issue. Does anyone else get release notes that look like this?

release notes.jpg

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
V. 5.0.0.51 has been released and it fixes the web server issue. Does anyone else get release notes that look like this?

View attachment 43334
Is this the only way to review release notes? Remembering BI4 posted notes on bigger releases, but not as often with minor updates. Regardless, other than the help file, I can't find where we'd read about updates.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score

View attachment 43334
you will see that if you update within the BI "check for updates" The webserver works but UI3 is still real slow to change profiles. The Iphone app is almost instant to change profiles.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I am getting these error. So I am now in Demo mode.. Because I do not want to loose my licensing because of this issue.. ANyhow here is the screenshots.. Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

.So after this software opens and My setting seems to be there

but this is what is going on..

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am getting these error. So I am now in Demo mode.. Because I do not want to loose my licensing because of this issue.. ANyhow here is the screenshots.. View attachment 43335 View attachment 43336

.So after this software opens and My setting seems to be there

but this is what is going on..
I don't run BI as a service, but I had that exact import key error until I cleared out ALL registry entries for BI and rebooted before I started the fresh install. Might as well send Ken a note now to reset your license to give you more opportunities to get your system set up the way you want.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't run BI as a service, but I had that exact import key error until I cleared out ALL registry entries for BI and rebooted before I started the fresh install. Might as well send Ken a note now to reset your license to give you more opportunities to get your system set up the way you want.
I just emailed the screenshots to BI support along with my backup of settings.. Hope they can get this resolved for me..

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Reported an issue with the clipviewer calendar. Seems if you move the clipviewer over to the left side of the screen by double-clicking the clipviewer title bar and decide at some point to put it back on the right, the drop down calendar is only partially viewable.

TaperCrimp

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that alert snapshots are no longer refreshing? If I'm looking at my alert snapshots and a camera triggers, the list of alerts does not update. However, if I click something or change from "Alerts" to "All" and back, they'll then show up again. This was also referenced in the other Blue Iris forum.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that alert snapshots are no longer refreshing? If I'm looking at my alert snapshots and a camera triggers, the list of alerts does not update. However, if I click something or change from "Alerts" to "All" and back, they'll then show up again. This was also referenced in the other Blue Iris forum.
Just tested this, no problem on my system...I always keep the alerts only showing unless I need to switch to all.

Apollo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this the only way to review release notes? Remembering BI4 posted notes on bigger releases, but not as often with minor updates. Regardless, other than the help file, I can't find where we'd read about updates.
I've never seen any other release notes with a version update.

TaperCrimp

n3wb
Reaction score
Just tested this, no problem on my system...I always keep the alerts only showing unless I need to switch to all.
It's almost like it's not auto-refreshing. I've dug through the settings and can't find anything related to that. It'll update if I switch to "All" and back. Running out of ideas on this one.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's almost like it's not auto-refreshing. I've dug through the settings and can't find anything related to that. It'll update if I switch to "All" and back. Running out of ideas on this one.
Since someone else has the same issue, see if Ken can reproduce it.