Version 4 is now available!

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if the smartfilter is available yet and if so how to get to it. I am using 4.x and wouldlike to dim the upper half of one cam that is under my carport. When the sun isout the underneath area is too dark to monitor my vehicles clearly. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if the smartfilter is available yet and if so how to get to it. I am using 4.x and wouldlike to dim the upper half of one cam that is under my carport. When the sun isout the underneath area is too dark to monitor my vehicles clearly. Thanks
That is not something blue iris can do, the smart filter has nothing to do with this. You need to adjust the WDR in your camera if it supports that function.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is not something blue iris can do, the smart filter has nothing to do with this. You need to adjust the WDR in your camera if it supports that function.
Thanks, I guess I should have said effect filters from the manual. It talks about directshow and has a picture of a video filters screen that I can't find. Still may not be able to do what I need but I'd like to know what it is. Effect Filters

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess I should have said effect filters from the manual. It talks about directshow and has a picture of a video filters screen that I can't find. Still may not be able to do what I need but I'd like to know what it is. Effect Filters

That is referring to third party filters for use with directshow cameras, usually USB type cams...
If you are having problems poor image, you need to either set the camera properly or replace the camera with a better unit. What camera are you using?

onetech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Support interactive rettangle ptz with motorizzed camaras ?

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just downloaded Blue Iris 4 64 bit. I have used Blue Iris 3 for about 2.5 years. I was exceptionally surprised that once I figured out to shut down BI 3 and then start BI 4 all my cameras were auto detected. Other than the clips stored through BI 3 not showing (not needed anyway), everything worked fine. I was quite worried that I was going to have to start over from ground zero. Thank you Blue Iris for making the transition painless.