Version 4 is now available!

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone with issues should email support, hes going to need the feedback to push updates.
Will do. I emailed him my findings so far.

This does seem to have some bugs, but it is still the BEST security software out there. I've paid for and tried about 6 different kinds. All have Pros and Cons, but this has far more Pros than any of them! Be patient... it's worth it.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yah, bi4 64 bit when you move cameras to desktop then full-screen one, then zoom in/out is real sluggish. But, the video playback now zooms without the video stopping! Awesome timeline!

Reaction score
I also had trouble starting Version 4. I discovered the the shortcut created by the install points to BlueIrisAdmin.exe instead of BlueIris.exe. Once I corrected that, it would start. The UI is very slooow compared to Version 3 and if I double click on a clip the program crashes every time. Does anyone else see this? BTW I had to go to the BlueIris website and down load the complete Install version and bring it up and click on the purchase link at the bottom. When the cart brings up the $59.95 invoice screen look about halfway down and there is a link that says "Enter coupon code" (or something similar) then you can enter the code you received from BlueIris to the the 50% discount. The whole process for the upgrade was not very well explained and you are misled that you can do an upgrade from Version 3. Hope BI quickly fixes the numerous bugs in Version 4 as I am back on Version 3 to be able to look at archives.

Bob

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yep, none of my archived videos are working. Hmmmm, that sucks!

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They don't work if you go to the windows folder and double click them (you get a error). I added a few to where bi 4 is saving to, regenerated them and restarted bi4 there they was in the media panel. They play in the media panel, but not when you go to the folder and double click them. So DO NOT delete them! Hopefully this will be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

dalepa

Reaction score
Finally found the Coupon Code, and I'm pretty sure it just popped up. It's hidden below the Continue shopping button

but while ordering another different screen popped up with a different coupon code entry.

And the weird thing is that somehow when I entered the coupon again and pressed buy, it said that I already purchased, and sure enough, I had a email saying thanks for my order...

Took another 15 minutes before the License Key email appeared after the paypal email.

Overall the process is a little weird and is no doubt going to confuse current BI owners.

Attachments

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I went ahead and purchased via the website. After plugging in the discount code, I purchased it for the above screen shot amount. Received a new license. I am assuming this is what the overall process was to be? New license for Version 4. Would make sense so we can still use version 3 if desired.

webcan

n3wb
Reaction score
I never had the chance to enter anything. It shuts down to install and restarts... then it asks if I want to up grade. The cycle is non ending loop. No error message or the like.
Me too, except when it shut down, I click the icon and it asked again if I wanted to download and install it so I said no because I just cannot understand how to upgrade yet or am I missing something? Hopefully there will be more info on this after the Holidays..

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have to go to bi site and purchase it. Dont forget to enter the discount code!

Poppapete

n3wb
Reaction score
Instructions not clear. You can't upgrade from 3.X
Download 4.X from scratch.

But I get the:

The application was unable to start correctly( 0xc000007b) ERROR

The link for the missing c++ library just cycles.

Not complaining. I love BI and will wait for a week or so and try again.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I found a workaround for that error message. Blue Iris has two exe files; one crashes while the other does not.

BlueIrisAdmin.exe (causes crash)

BlueIris.exe (does not cause crash, but you may need to run it as admin)

The shortcut placed on the desktop by the installer pointed at the Admin file so until this gets fixed I have to run BlueIris.exe as administrator.

Jay95

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm, it says that minimum requirements are Pentium dual-core or equivalent 2GHz processor or better...

For all the HP N40L owners that use Blue Iris, how will the N40L handle Blue Iris v4 as it's only a dual core 1.50GHz CPU?

Any feedback from other N40L owners before I upgrade and find out it doesn't work :( ?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
A couple of very important points:

1) The default icon that the installer puts on your desktop is running blueirisadmin.exe. That crashes immediately on my system. Run blueiris.exe instead. Works fine.

2) BI3 must be completely shut down - so if you're running it as a service, make sure it's STOPPED before installing/running BI4.

3) Both BI3 and BI4 use the same directory (c:/BlueIris/Db) for the database. This can cause errors or crashes when you try to view previously recorded clips. I had all sorts of issues until I manually deleted the db folder and restarted BI4. It took a while to rebuild, but now I can replay everything - recorded on BI3 or BI4.

4) Both BI 3 and 4 can be installed in parallel, though not run simultaneously. If uninstalling 3, do NOT allow it to delete registry/licensing data as that will bork your 4.

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For those also having problems with the 64 bit version, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 32-bit version. The issue of it crashing after closing the program and trying to reopen it seems to have gone away.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That is a huge step backwards (running on 32 bit) just to avoid the crash when running "blueirisadmin.exe"... Instead, replace the desktop icon that calls for the admin version with the straight "blueiris.exe" file in the same program app folder.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a huge step backwards (running on 32 bit) just to avoid the crash when running "blueirisadmin.exe"... Instead, replace the desktop icon that calls for the admin version with the straight "blueiris.exe" file in the same program app folder.
Does using a shortcut to the blueiris.exe work as well? if so thats better than moving the actual file to the destop.

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you use the coupon code? I can't find a way to enter it when buying
There was a blue link (kinda hidden and descrete) but once you click it, it opened up a text box, type it with the dashes. Discount is then applied at check out... I paid I think $33 total'ish lol

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One think I did notice is that the desktop capture now works and lost my "all black camera" to display weather info from BIT... Ohh well I made an intranet site to compensate for weather and BI cameras combined...

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Took the leap and installed Version 4. I closed version 3 and then installed 4. Installed my new license for version 4. Presto... Loaded right up with cameras and history!!! All looks to be in order. Nice... Merry Christmas to one and all!!!