Using "Secure Session Keys" Login from some devices

pdet

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting BI set up -- I've been going at it with disparate cameras and using Vera to view them. Now that I have BI installed, it's nice to have a centralized repository. I can point the Vera to the BI server and get integration that way.

However, it seems that in order to get Vera to work with BI, I must uncheck the "Use secure session keys" on the Web-Server -> Advanced tab. Does this mean that when I decide to open a port in my firewall for direct external access to BI, my passwords would be sent in clear text? That's not desirable, so I am wondering if there is any way to accept the clear text passwords just from some devices (i.e. my Vera which is on my LAN) while requiring security from others (like when accessing from the public Internet)?

Thanks

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I didn't like having to change that setting either for Blue Fusion but I use the OpenVPN app on my iOS devices to tunnel in to my ASUS router rather than opening an HTTPS or worse an HTTP port so it at least mitigates the risk for me, I'd like to know what changing that setting does (as the help file doesn't give much detail) and if there is a more secure but still compatible method as well.