Using Ankke NC800 With Reolink NVR or Reolink 12mp cam with Ankke NVR?

doggy001

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a solution.

I'm not sure what the hikvision equivlent is maybe id find better results searching that but has anyone been able to get Ankke NC800 working on reolink nvr. The reolink stuff seems to have really good day quality but i'm looking for a better nightvision solution and the ankke cam seems to be real good there. I haven't found any documentation regarding.
Conversly I like reolinks 12mp cammeras but the Ankke nvr says 4k, will it still support it or will the resolution be downgraded or will these not work at all together?
Maybe I use a different brand NRV all tegether?
I'm also considering BI in addition maybe but concerned about breaking on updates/stability

Thanks in advance.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Reolink lock down their systems to only allow their brand of cameras.
Some of Reolink cameras can work with 3rd party recorders (it's a lot harder than other brands).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to match NVR brand with camera brand to ensure full functionality.

That is why BI is a popular choice for many as it can accommodate a wider range of cameras.

Keep in mind the Ankke NC800 cannot see infrared, so unless you are willing to run the built-in white LEDs (most do not want to) or have enough supplemental white light, then you need a camera with infrared capabilities. The full color type cameras cannot see infrared so you cannot add external infrared later.

Further, depending on the distance you want to IDENTIFY at, a fixed lens might not be the right choice.

Reolink 12MP will be even poorer at night as they do not make cameras on the ideal MP/sensor ratio.

1690859870563.png

If night performance is part of your criteria, stay away from Reolink. Here is the unofficial thread where people have posted the best night time shots they can get with their Reolink and you will see they are not very good. You may be able to tell the police what time something happened, but not give them a good picture to help ID them.

Do not chase MP. Those that do tend to regret it. Many will say 4MP is the sweet spot for surveillance cameras, but sometimes 2MP is good enough.

Here is a thread that lists the most commonly recommended cameras based on distance to IDENTIFY. These represent the best overall value in terms of price and performance day and night.

doggy001

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey I was going to follow up to negate my original question, after i just read one of these threads you were recomending. After i just thought i was making progress im back the the drawing board again. Thank you for all your work. I recently found the youtuber in this thread your mentioning and am ashamed how often im mislead. I've realized now i can't purchase anything right now untill i find all the focal lengths and decide which cams need to be night vision and which are fine with just daylight vison, as well as convincing the wife this isn't "fort knox" precautions. I may not be able to install as many cameras as id like.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Beat advice is to buy one camera like the 5442-ZE varifocal and test it out at all the locations. This will help you figure out which cameras you need.