US Elections (& Politics) :)

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Reaction score
Wow--- watched the video-- at first I thought-- OK-- someone is freaking out over a contrail. Watch the video--- the plume is still being made in the vid...

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wow--- watched the video-- at first I thought-- OK-- someone is freaking out over a contrail. Watch the video--- the plume is still being made in the vid...

Update from another site:

"UPDATE - Balloon over Montana was not shot down and has not exploded, Defense officials tell Fox News."

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
No It just gets loud. When it went supersonic then yes. To hear the supersonic boom one has to be
ahead of the flight path. We went through the sonic boom test in Oklahoma City in the 60's
It started @ 7:00 AM and every 20 minutes till 7:00PM daily.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Chinese Balloon is over Missouri so I don’t think the video purporting to be from Billings is it being blown up, and may be a fake?

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
The funny thing about the "smoke" video is, no ballistic arc so, it is going away from the filmer at the same altitude
and I believe it's going more West than North judging by the sun reflecting off the clouds.

Reaction score
Chinese Balloon is over Missouri so I don’t think the video purporting to be from Billings is it being blown up, and may be a fake?
certainly not anything involving that balloon. I am wondering if it was a bit of hysteria leading to misinterpreting what was being shown on video. ALTHOUGH-- I heard one news story that included recorded commercial aviation radio traffic that had a pilot asking why they had to divert around the Billing area.... so something was going on... but what that was could be anyone's guess.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I saw that too. I switched on FlightRadar 24 and watched 2-3 “unknown” Blackhawks in the area between Billings and a landing at a smaller airport SW of there….

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Update

Update (2215ET):
The US government says another Chinese spy balloon is traveling over Latin America.
"We are seeing reports of a balloon transiting Latin America," Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder, a Pentagon spokesperson, told Fox News Friday night. "We now assess it is another Chinese surveillance balloon."

—————————
"You did see reports yesterday of a ground stop at Billings Airport and the mobilization of a number of assets, including F-22," the official said. "The context for that was that we put some things on station in the event that a decision was made to bring this down while it was over Montana."
—————————-

Update (2143ET): The City of Billings is aware of a video circulating social media of what appears to be an explosion in the sky. However, city officials confirmed with the Montana Disaster and Emergency Services and Governor Greg Gianforte there have been no explosions in Montana airspace.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Some comments from the ZH article comments section.. :lmao:

Exactly. The real story with this is very different than what they are saying. Say what you will about the US military, but we're really supposed to believe a balloon was able to make all the way from China over the Aleutian Islands, then mainland Alaska, then Trudeaustan, and finally to Montana. This all without being shot down. Even now, they're just watching it. Something seriously doesn't add up with this story.

It traveled all the way from China and we’re just now noticing it? Our Military is really on it, eh?
It must’ve entered US airspace on system-wide ‘Pronoun Education Day’ when everyone was focused on more important things.

The US is freaking out about a balloon while poking the bear that has 1000’s of nuclear toys … rofl … the decline is real

Biden Announces U.S. Surrender To Chinese Balloon

I'm pretty sure the CCP doesn't need a fcking balloon to spy on American military capabilities when they have their assets at the Pentagon to do that for them.

Maybe they are curious as to why the US has been flying an RC-135 surveillance aircraft along the US-Canadian border north of Minot for the past several months. The US is apparently looking for some kind of strategic threat along the Canadian border and the Chinese want to know what it is.

Rumors that Montana has raised the Ukrainian flag so that Biden will defend them

balloon.jpg

Reaction score
Some comments from the ZH article comments section.. :lmao:

Exactly. The real story with this is very different than what they are saying. Say what you will about the US military, but we're really supposed to believe a balloon was able to make all the way from China over the Aleutian Islands, then mainland Alaska, then Trudeaustan, and finally to Montana. This all without being shot down. Even now, they're just watching it. Something seriously doesn't add up with this story.

It traveled all the way from China and we’re just now noticing it? Our Military is really on it, eh?
It must’ve entered US airspace on system-wide ‘Pronoun Education Day’ when everyone was focused on more important things.

The US is freaking out about a balloon while poking the bear that has 1000’s of nuclear toys … rofl … the decline is real

Biden Announces U.S. Surrender To Chinese Balloon

I'm pretty sure the CCP doesn't need a fcking balloon to spy on American military capabilities when they have their assets at the Pentagon to do that for them.

Maybe they are curious as to why the US has been flying an RC-135 surveillance aircraft along the US-Canadian border north of Minot for the past several months. The US is apparently looking for some kind of strategic threat along the Canadian border and the Chinese want to know what it is.

Rumors that Montana has raised the Ukrainian flag so that Biden will defend them

View attachment 153017
My guess was that they are monitoring every bit of radio signal traffic coming out of it to learn what it is REALLY doing. In the meantime, what is CHINA doing, and what is the US doing, while everyone is distracted?