US Elections (& Politics) :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bring back prayer? Okay, for every Christian prayer, we should have a Muslim prayer, Hindu prayer, and a Satanic prayer. We need prayer in school right, so let's have it all.

Teach Christian values? Which ones? Here's a fun one: “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property." Exodus 21:20-21

Teach kids what the Bible says about marriage? Sure, let's look at that. "When brothers live together and one of them dies without a son, the widow of the deceased shall not marry anyone outside the family; but her husband’s brother shall come to her, marrying her and performing the duty of a brother-in-law" (Deut. 25:5)
Another gem we should teach school kids about biblical marriage: "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (Deut. 22:28-29)
Ever had sex with a woman on her period? Even by accident? You should be cut off from society for that vile deed, here's biblical proof: “‘If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people." (Leviticus 20:18)

"Grammar school" is generally age 10-14, you know, the age kids go through puberty. We should absolutely be teaching kids about sexuality at that age, and that is NOT sexualizing children. It's educating them.

I think the 1950s are calling, gramps. They want their talking points back.
You obviously do not know Christian values...everything you have quoted is Jewish Law...

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You obviously do not know Christian values...everything you have quoted is Jewish Law...
Straight out of the bible which is supposedly god's inspired word. I can quote NT verses that say not one iota of the old law passes away as long as heaven and earth exist. I can also cite NT passages that tell slaves to obey their masters, even the bad ones. Sorry bud, I know scripture better than most...

Reaction score
Bring back prayer? Okay, for every Christian prayer, we should have a Muslim prayer, Hindu prayer, and a Satanic prayer. We need prayer in school right, so let's have it all.

Teach Christian values? Which ones? Here's a fun one: “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property." Exodus 21:20-21

Teach kids what the Bible says about marriage? Sure, let's look at that. "When brothers live together and one of them dies without a son, the widow of the deceased shall not marry anyone outside the family; but her husband’s brother shall come to her, marrying her and performing the duty of a brother-in-law" (Deut. 25:5)
Another gem we should teach school kids about biblical marriage: "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (Deut. 22:28-29)
Ever had sex with a woman on her period? Even by accident? You should be cut off from society for that vile deed, here's biblical proof: “‘If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people." (Leviticus 20:18)

"Grammar school" is generally age 10-14, you know, the age kids go through puberty. We should absolutely be teaching kids about sexuality at that age, and that is NOT sexualizing children. It's educating them.

I think the 1950s are calling, gramps. They want their talking points back.
And since we'd be at the point of merging state and religion, the churches should have to pay taxes then. It's only fair.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Straight out of the bible which is supposedly god's inspired word. I can quote NT verses that say not one iota of the old law passes away as long as heaven and earth exist. I can also cite NT passages that tell slaves to obey their masters, even the bad ones. Sorry bud, I know scripture better than most...
It is good that you know scripture, so explain what Jesus meant in your quote of Matthew 5:18, ",til all be fulfilled"? It is important to read the whole scripture within it's context...

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is good that you know scripture, so explain what Jesus meant in your quote of Matthew 5:18, ",til all be fulfilled"? It is important to read the whole scripture within it's context...
What does it mean to you? There are a few canned responses the apologists will give, but they still can't get past the fact that heaven and earth still exist..."For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Was that really necessary?
Do you feel better about yourself now?
Yep, when folks say bring pray back to schools, they don't consider the fact there are 4,000 gods. They really just mean "bring back prayer to MY god and nobody else's"

When they say teach christian values, it really means "teach MY values, and nobody else's, and we even need to ignore a lot of the 'values' taught in my bible."

And when they say teach what the bible says about sex and marriage, they really mean "teach straight sex in a 'godly marriage' (note I've already shown a couple objectionable types of biblical marriages), only. Teach all other kinds are sinful."

And to top it all off by saying contraceptives aren't needed? C'mon. pure ignorance.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What does it mean to you? There are a few canned responses the apologists will give, but they still can't get past the fact that heaven and earth still exist..."For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."
What needs to be "Accomplished"? This word answers your question. Jesus fulfilled the Law and Heaven and Earth will not pass nor will any Prophesy or God's Word (Law) change...

To help you, Jesus was performing miracles that many scolded Him for breaking the law of Moses and saying He was trying to abolish the law, healing on the Sabbath to name one. He was addressing mainly a Jewish audience in defense of such claims...keep in mind this was during the Beatitudes speech...

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What needs to be "Accomplished"? This word answers your question. Jesus fulfilled the Law and Heaven and Earth will not pass nor will any Prophesy or God's Word (Law) change...

To help you, Jesus was performing miracles that many scolded Him for breaking the law of Moses and saying He was trying to abolish the law, healing on the Sabbath to name one. He was addressing mainly a Jewish audience in defense of such claims...keep in mind this was during the Beatitudes speech...
So my point wasn't to get into a theological discussion, but to point out that the post I originally replied to was nothing but "do it the old way, teach my god and my values to everyone." The verses I posted are straight from your god's inspired word. So even if someone buys into the idea that the old laws no longer apply (the NT makes it clear they do), you still have to address the fact that god did inspire those OT laws to be written. So at one point in history, god was fine with slavery, rape marriage, etc.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
So my point wasn't to get into a theological discussion, but to point out that the post I originally replied to was nothing but "do it the old way, teach my god and my values to everyone." The verses I posted are straight from your god's inspired word. So even if someone buys into the idea that the old laws no longer apply (the NT makes it clear they do), you still have to address the fact that god did inspire those OT laws to be written. So at one point in history, god was fine with slavery, rape marriage, etc.
You really don't know the Bible. You are interpreting it to fit your narrative. God was never okay with many things that the Jewish people did. Please find in the Bible where it says rape is okay, you won't, unless it is a leftist interpretation. Please show me where in the NT that it is clear?

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You really don't know the Bible. You are interpreting it to fit your narrative. God was never okay with many things that the Jewish people did. Please find in the Bible where it says rape is okay, you won't, unless it is a leftist interpretation. Please show me where in the NT that it is clear?
Why limit to the NT? Is the OT not god's inspired word?

"10 When you go to war against your enemies and the Lord your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives, 11 if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife. 12 Bring her into your home and have her shave her head, trim her nails 13 and put aside the clothes she was wearing when captured. After she has lived in your house and mourned her father and mother for a full month, then you may go to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife. 14 If you are not pleased with her, let her go wherever she wishes. You must not sell her or treat her as a slave, since you have dishonored her."

So god commands his chosen people to destroy a city, and the men are allowed to take the beautiful women as their own to be their bride. Now, do you think that young virgin girl is a willing participant in any of that? She will endure a lifetime of being raped by her husband, and god said it was okay because the guy found her attractive.

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

So a guy sees a girl he likes, he rapes her, and the punishment is to pay the girl's dad (she was his property, now she will be her rapist's property), and marry her. Boy, that sounds like a lovely deal for the poor girl.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
How about we go one at a time. Since you have decided to cherry pick and spin a narrative off one verse. Lets go with the Deuteronomy verse you quote. You miss the verse before the one you quote. What does it say?

25 “But if in the open country a man meets a young woman who is betrothed, and the man seizes her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die. 26 But you shall do nothing to the young woman; she has committed no offense punishable by death. For this case is like that of a man attacking and murdering his neighbor, 27 because he met her in the open country, and though the betrothed young woman cried for help there was no one to rescue her.

28 “If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, 29 then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days.

So here you have a case where that young girl in that era would have never been married. So now it is that man's responsibility to take care of her for life.

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How about we go one at a time. Since you have decided to cherry pick and spin a narrative off one verse. Lets go with the Deuteronomy verse you quote. You miss the verse before the one you quote. What does it say?

25 “But if in the open country a man meets a young woman who is betrothed, and the man seizes her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die. 26 But you shall do nothing to the young woman; she has committed no offense punishable by death. For this case is like that of a man attacking and murdering his neighbor, 27 because he met her in the open country, and though the betrothed young woman cried for help there was no one to rescue her.

28 “If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, 29 then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days.

So here you have a case where that young girl in that era would have never been married. So now it is that man's responsibility to take care of her for life.
LOL, I love it how you have to literally excuse rape to defend the bible.

The key point in verse 25 is that the rape victim is betrothed. The rape in that verse is not problematic because it violated the woman, but because it violated the husband/fiancé of the woman. The woman already belonged to a man, so the rapist committed what equates to a property crime against another man's property - a woman.

Regarding verse 28 providing protection and security to a woman who was raped, do you hear what you're saying? This was not something man came up with, this is the inspired word of god. The verse is actually good because it forces the rapist to provide for his victim? How about, "If a man rapes a virgin, she is guilty of nothing and is free to marry anyone she wants. Her rapist shall be <insert punishment here>"? Besides that, imagine still believing a woman is only valuable if she's a virgin. C'mon, this is ancient nonsense. It's crazy that men today still think this crap is reasonable.

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I mean seriously. Imagine this. A woman is raped, and her only option from god is to never be married and live a terrible life of poverty, or MARRY HER RAPIST. And you think the "marry the rapist" option is perfectly reasonable? Religion can't be eradicated quickly enough, and this is a perfect example of why.

Reaction score
I mean seriously. Imagine this. A woman is raped, and her only option from god is to never be married and live a terrible life of poverty, or MARRY HER RAPIST. And you think the "marry the rapist" option is perfectly reasonable? Religion can't be eradicated quickly enough, and this is a perfect example of why.
All religion, right? Even the belief in a higher power, because that would be a form of religion to. So everyone now needs to be an atheist, correct? 'Religion can't be eradicated quickly enough,' Religion is not bad or harmful, quite the opposite. It is what people do with it, ill will wise, that makes it bad.
I had two great ordained ministers that taught old testament and new testament to me in college. The old testament teacher was exactly what you would think...prim, proper, and couldn't squeak a fart out if he had to. The NT teacher...'Peace, Pot and Microdots' kind of guy. Both had excellent viewpoints on the bible...both said in their opinion's that the
bible was God's word, but it had been translated and altered by men. Well, to me, there's your answer.

So dig all you want to at a higher power, at God, at Yahweh but your view point is yours just like mine is my own. No need to be attacking people here for their beliefs, or lack of them.

There is nothing wrong with prayer. If you don't want to pray, don't. It's your choice. I know this: we prayed in school every morning. Don't think I turned out to be a Jim Jones..and I know we slept with our front doors unlocked...I use walk home from school...ride my bike, blah, blah, blah. Because people knew right from wrong. Why? Because they believed in a higher power. Take that away...and well...just look around you. We've advanced, right?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
LOL, I love it how you have to literally excuse rape to defend the bible.

The key point in verse 25 is that the rape victim is betrothed. The rape in that verse is not problematic because it violated the woman, but because it violated the husband/fiancé of the woman. The woman already belonged to a man, so the rapist committed what equates to a property crime against another man's property - a woman.

Regarding verse 28 providing protection and security to a woman who was raped, do you hear what you're saying? This was not something man came up with, this is the inspired word of god. The verse is actually good because it forces the rapist to provide for his victim? How about, "If a man rapes a virgin, she is guilty of nothing and is free to marry anyone she wants. Her rapist shall be <insert punishment here>"? Besides that, imagine still believing a woman is only valuable if she's a virgin. C'mon, this is ancient nonsense. It's crazy that men today still think this crap is reasonable.
Where did I excuse rape?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All religion, right? Even the belief in a higher power, because that would be a form of religion to. So everyone now needs to be an atheist, correct? 'Religion can't be eradicated quickly enough,' Religion is not bad or harmful, quite the opposite. It is what people do with it, ill will wise, that makes it bad.
I had two great ordained ministers that taught old testament and new testament to me in college. The old testament teacher was exactly what you would think...prim, proper, and couldn't squeak a fart out if he had to. The NT teacher...'Peace, Pot and Microdots' kind of guy. Both had excellent viewpoints on the bible...both said in their opinion's that the
bible was God's word, but it had been translated and altered by men. Well, to me, there's your answer.

So dig all you want to at a higher power, at God, at Yahweh but your view point is yours just like mine is my own. No need to be attacking people here for their beliefs, or lack of them.

There is nothing wrong with prayer. If you don't want to pray, don't. It's your choice. I know this: we prayed in school every morning. Don't think I turned out to be a Jim Jones..and I know we slept with our front doors unlocked...I use walk home from school...ride my bike, blah, blah, blah. Because people knew right from wrong. Why? Because they believed in a higher power. Take that away...and well...just look around you. We've advanced, right?
I remember a post/email long ago when all these MASS school killings started where someone asked where is God and God replied You took me out of your schools. Christians are not perfect but their God is, teaching their values/morals would help people value life.

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
God wants two virgins to marry and be together for life. But the sin nature is the issue.

”For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God “

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I remember a post/email long ago when all these school killings started where someone asked where is God and God replied You took me out of your schools. Christians are not perfect but their God is, teaching their values/morals would help people value life.
You remember when school shootings started? So, over 100 years ago when god was still in school? lol

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
God wants two virgins to marry and be together for life. But the sin nature is the issue.

”For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God “
So how did Adam and Eve work? They got married and made babies. And then what? Lots and lots of incest, that's what. God designed a system that literally required incest. But he's worried about virginity? Don't forget that men were allowed to marry lots of women. The only restrictions were kings were to not have "too many" wives, and pastors are to be married to only one woman. God only cares about the woman's virginity and monogamy. What a surprise!