US Elections (& Politics) :)

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Presently there is NO push or talk about birth control being taken away or stopped, I don't see this happening, all this decision did was put us back on how things were in the 70s, where the States (The People) made the decision of abortion or not and Not the high court of the land.
In the end it was a statement from Clarance Thomas and John Roberts that they should considor other cases like griswold and obergefell as well.

Michael Diehl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My memory is just fine and it tells me at least Stormy Daniels wasn't Trump's daughter......BIG difference...unless you're a Democrat, I guess. :idk:
Oh, I don't know, he sure thought Ivanka was a hot babe... Have to ask Putin is he has a video.

Michael Diehl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think something major is being totally ignored by just about everyone with the whole abortion debate. To me it's a very obvious alternative and argument against abortion.

There are so many ways to prevent unwanted pregnancy today. IUD, pills, vasectomy, condoms and probably things I'm not even aware of. Why aren't these methods used rather than taking action after the fact making an abortion, taking a totally innocent life, so necessary? I was always told that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and this seems to be the case here. I have heard the argument that birth control is too expensive. I have to wonder how that compares to the dollar expense and the emotional expense of taking a life through abortion.
Comparing miscarriages to the decision of convenience made 65 Million times since 1973? LOL... OK
If there is a "god" (thousands to choose from historically btw) and "he" (must be a He, since a Woman couldn't possibly screw up this badly...), and is "all seeing and all knowing", etc. ad nauseam then even one miscarriage is a really good indication that He would be a definite "do not hire".

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New buzzword for anything now is declare it a public health emergency - race, student loans, abortion, what's next

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So the FBI can't investigate the laptop in any real time, can't arrest those illegally 'protesting' at Supreme Court Judge's homes, but have time to confiscate art at a museum because someone thinks it might be a forgery? Priorities?
Have to work it in with the investigating of concerned and involved parents at PTA / PTO meetings.:blankstare:

Michael Diehl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've asked this "God guy" to bless you, brother.
Warm thoughts appreciated, back at ya'. If a Deity does show up, I'll be an instant Convert, but so far nobody knocking at the door with their exclusive "Truth" has brought along a Deity, so they get a Debate until they run off... Gotta give points to a Jehovah's Witness a few years ago though...Lovely girl and absolutely drop dead gorgeous by any standard. Back in the 70's a room full of NCO's and Brass asked me if if would use Lethal Force to defend Personnel and Property, I would have instantly done so for her. This is my own personal code, no Deity required.
I've asked this "God guy" to bless you, brother.

Reaction score
The interesting thing about tonight's Save America rally, is wondering whether Trump will throw out any Q hand gestures, or not-so-secretly coded phrases in his speech. Anons are watching keenly for confirmation of last night's posts.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Presently there is NO push or talk about birth control being taken away or stopped, I don't see this happening, all this decision did was put us back on how things were in the 70s, where the States (The People) made the decision of abortion or not and Not the high court of the land.
It is best not to listen to the rhetoric from those who believe this decision somehow will permanently stop abortions, it won't nor did we have a nation that totally banned abortions in the 70s. Actually abortions were sadly used for contraception back then as it is today. This is the problem...

sebastiantombs made an excellent point, there are many ways to prevent unwanted pregnancies, sadly we still have 60 plus million abortions in this nation since Roe V Wade. Education is the key here...Contraception's are widely available everywhere, back in the 70s some schools were passing out condoms but yet there was still wide spread abortions.

Hopefully this will make it harder to get an Abortion and push people toward Contraceptives to be used instead, but unfortunately it seems this generation is even more uneducated then past generations...
How about this..

Start by bringing prayer back into schools. Teach Christian values in schools. Teach kids about what the Bible says about sex and marriage.

No need for contraceptive’s if you don’t have sex before marriage.
Stop sexualizing grammar school kids.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
New buzzword for anything now is declare it a public health emergency - race, student loans, abortion, what's next

Didn't she just come out as Two Spirit?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How about this..

Start by bringing prayer back into schools. Teach Christian values in schools. Teach kids about what the Bible says about sex and marriage.

Stop sexualizing grammar school kids.
Bring back prayer? Okay, for every Christian prayer, we should have a Muslim prayer, Hindu prayer, and a Satanic prayer. We need prayer in school right, so let's have it all.

Teach Christian values? Which ones? Here's a fun one: “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property." Exodus 21:20-21

Teach kids what the Bible says about marriage? Sure, let's look at that. "When brothers live together and one of them dies without a son, the widow of the deceased shall not marry anyone outside the family; but her husband’s brother shall come to her, marrying her and performing the duty of a brother-in-law" (Deut. 25:5)
Another gem we should teach school kids about biblical marriage: "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (Deut. 22:28-29)
Ever had sex with a woman on her period? Even by accident? You should be cut off from society for that vile deed, here's biblical proof: “‘If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people." (Leviticus 20:18)

"Grammar school" is generally age 10-14, you know, the age kids go through puberty. We should absolutely be teaching kids about sexuality at that age, and that is NOT sexualizing children. It's educating them.

I think the 1950s are calling, gramps. They want their talking points back.

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
WTF? Do you really believe this? Contraceptives are used for numerous medical conditions besides preventing pregnancy.

Beyond that, countless married couples use contraceptives for family planning. Some of us married folks have sex for fun and don't want a baby, so we use contraceptives.

Mindboggling that in the year 2022 folks can have such backwards, ignorant ways of thinking.