US Elections (& Politics) :)

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Doubled unemployment bennies, extra “food” stamps, stimmy checks, and child credits, legal pot .... who needs a job?
In case anybody thinks this statement is hyperbole, here's one of many real local examples:

Sunriver Resort, with 200 summer jobs still to fill, raises housekeeper starting pay to $25/hour

"Sunriver Resort said Thursday it is still hiring for the summer season and is offering a new starting wage of $25 per hour for the housekeeping positions it needs to fill, amid a shortage of job-seekers affecting many businesses across the High Desert. The resort, said it previously paid a starting wage of $17 an hour for housekeepers. "

Might lead to inflation????

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
In case anybody thinks this statement is hyperbole, here's one of many real local examples:

Sunriver Resort, with 200 summer jobs still to fill, raises housekeeper starting pay to $25/hour

"Sunriver Resort said Thursday it is still hiring for the summer season and is offering a new starting wage of $25 per hour for the housekeeping positions it needs to fill, amid a shortage of job-seekers affecting many businesses across the High Desert. The resort, said it previously paid a starting wage of $17 an hour for housekeepers. "

Might lead to inflation????
Thanks!
For $25 p/hr I’m applying for the “pool and recreation ambassadors,” position :p

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
man.. when I was younger.. they paid us Dirt I tell you!

and then the Government took 1/2 and left us the rocks...

I had to suck the fumes waiting for the bus to pick me up to take me to work...

man you kiddies are lucky...

( of course, nearly everyone could afford a house back then..... in 2010 .. )

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Reaction score
www.thegatewaypundit.com

California's Population Shrinks For The First Time In History As Residents Flee State
California is losing population for the first time in the 171 years it has been a state. It turns out many people don’t like the extremely high cost of living, high taxes, and strict COVID policies. This is all happening as Governor Newsom is facing a recall election. The Associated Press...

I know, I have two on my block alone. They paid asking price + for their homes, now our property taxes are skyrocketing. I fight it every year. Will always fight it. Getting harder with them coming here and spending stupid amounts of money on the housing market.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Chinese media said some US people sit at home can earn thousands usd per month. Without any working. Lots of industries now hard to employ workers. Not sure if the news is fake or not.
Unfortunately it's not fake news, it's stupid and reckless liberal government spending (to buy votes)...