US Elections (& Politics) :)

Reaction score
There may be hope for the 2022 mid-term elections, after all...

National Guard to activate cybersecurity teams in 14 states ahead of midterm elections
38 National Guard cyber units provide support against issues, like network assessments and risk mitigation

The National Guard will be activating cybersecurity teams in 14 states ahead of the midterm elections on Tuesday to counter any potential interferences, Politico and StateScoop reported on Friday.

The decision to have teams ready for support has become a familiar one over the past few elections after the reports of Russian interference operations during the 2016 presidential election.

"Cyber’s that new domain. It’s a man-made domain," said Air Force Maj. Gen. Rich Neely, head of the Illinois National Guard, according to media outlet StateScoop. "Our goal is to make sure we have as secure elections as possible. We are at the really beginning stages of this."

National Guard Cyber Forces provided support in eight states during primary elections earlier this year and are reportedly prepared to protect the integrity of the midterms if necessary.

The 14 states with teams on duty Tuesday are North Carolina, Arizona, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, New Mexico, New York, Washington and West Virginia.

National Guard officials will work and receive security updates from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), the key agency tasked with protecting election infrastructure against cyber threats, according to Politico.

There are 38 total cyber units within the National Guard consisting of over 2,200 personnel working to support state and local officials with cyber issues like network assessments and risk mitigation.

National Guard to activate cybersecurity teams in 14 states ahead of midterm elections

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There may be hope for the 2022 mid-term elections, after all...

38 National Guard cyber units provide support against issues, like network assessments and risk mitigation

The National Guard will be activating cybersecurity teams in 14 states ahead of the midterm elections on Tuesday to counter any potential interferences, Politico and StateScoop reported on Friday.

The decision to have teams ready for support has become a familiar one over the past few elections after the reports of Russian interference operations during the 2016 presidential election.

"Cyber’s that new domain. It’s a man-made domain," said Air Force Maj. Gen. Rich Neely, head of the Illinois National Guard, according to media outlet StateScoop. "Our goal is to make sure we have as secure elections as possible. We are at the really beginning stages of this."

National Guard Cyber Forces provided support in eight states during primary elections earlier this year and are reportedly prepared to protect the integrity of the midterms if necessary.

The 14 states with teams on duty Tuesday are North Carolina, Arizona, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, New Mexico, New York, Washington and West Virginia.

National Guard officials will work and receive security updates from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), the key agency tasked with protecting election infrastructure against cyber threats, according to Politico.

There are 38 total cyber units within the National Guard consisting of over 2,200 personnel working to support state and local officials with cyber issues like network assessments and risk mitigation.

We wouldn't need to activate if we deactivate Dominion.

Last edited:

Don't Look Up

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I salute you for your service, and my Mom died 20 years ago. That was a rhetorical reference as you undoubtedly know. You may have served but unfortunately didn't learn to differentiate threats properly.
Sympathies for your loss as well. And as you know, those scars run deep, and they do not heal. Rhetoric, whether lightly meant or as a means to inflame the Mob is a powerful tool as evidenced over the years. Politicians have known it the longest, and Politics has been a problem since there were more than two people in a room... Threat assessment in the Military for me was easy...if someone breeches a perimeter around an aircraft with an obvious incendiary or explosive, they're shot. If they were successful in getting to the aircraft (as I told the roomful of NCO's and Brass), I could get hurt, therefore my reasons for using lethal force were "selfish". This brought a chuckle from the room, and appreciation for an honest answer. As to threats to home and self that's easy to differentiate, Ben Franklin was keenly aware of the threats to Democracy, and gave warnings, but they've gone unheeded. Come Tuesday, you'll probably get the result you wish as well as in 24', but as they say "be careful what your wish for".

Reaction score
I had a rather busy Friday, somewhat busy Saturday, and trying to recover today/Sunday.
Apparently, "Q" posted on 8kun. Somewhat surprising, given the recent lack of activity there.
Rather than question timing/placement/who, I'll choose to focus on the what.
This was the message:

1667762865554.png

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Libbies can't help it. They are emotional right brain thinkers. Liberalism is a mental disorder don't you know. They can't access their logical side of the brain.

p.s. I see he's white and she's black so libbies should know by their rules he's a KKK racist.

1667762996887.png

Don't Look Up

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As I see it we formed and were successful when we were, "One Nation under God" , Now no God, no country easy as pie.
Just stop at "As I see it" this is your opinion. Unless you can "put your thumb in the Pie" and pull a Deity out (so many to chose from, maybe you'll get lucky, nobody else has so far...).

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Besides COVID, Here Are 43 Other Things Democrats Are Requesting Amnesty On:

1. Slavery
  2. Jim Crow laws
  3. Grooming children
  4. Ted Kennedy
  5. U2
  6. Banning Dr. Seuss books
  7. Trying to shut down a local business by Oberlin College with false accusations of racism
  8. Trying to shut down a local business in Colorado with false accusations of homophobia
  9. The DMV
  10. Kale
  11. Dr. Fauci
  12. The Rings of Power
  13. Comedienne Amy Schumer
  14. The term "comedienne"
  15. President Andrew Jackson
  16. The Indian Removal Act and Trail of Tears
  17. Gluing themselves to things
  18. Keto cereal
  19. Turning the frogs gay
  20. $5 coffee
  21. Faking Obama's birth certificate
  22. Jeffrey Epstein
  23. Killing Jeffrey Epstein
  24. Michael Moore
  25. Not killing Michael Moore
  26. Peanut butter that you have to stir
  27. The term "the personal is political"
  28. The KKK
  29. Kale again
  30. Homeless crisis
  31. Fatherless homes
  32. Facebook's Metaverse
  33. $7 coffee
  34. The invention of taxation
  35. Encouraging early decorating for Christmas as a scheme to make people annoyed with the holiday
  36. The song "Do They Know It's Christmas?"
  37. Saying "Happy Holidays" in a deliberate act to murder Christmas
  38. Soccer
  39. Calories and cholesterol
  40. Electric cars
  41. Burning down cities and murdering 19 people during the summer of love
  42. Trying every day to destroy the whole of Western Civilization
  43. Hillary Clinton

Don't Look Up

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Questions and a "Challange"... The questions I'll keep brief and the "Challange" is to answer without just doing endless re-posts from elsewhere. Quite the challenge here and in countless "Echo Chambers".
1: Its probable that the Alt-Right will pull off a big win on Tuesday and take back Congress overwhelmingly so that they have no viable opposition. Then comes the infighting for the next two years and then DeSantis is Elected. Again a probable outcome looking at the debacle that is (and has remarkable similarity to the ending of Orwell's "Animal Farm"). Come Wednesday, you should know that DeSantis and His minions will be looking at "50 ways to leave Trump in a shallow grave in the desert". Apologies to Paul Simon. so the Questions are...

1: After the (final?) Election in 24' and you've established an Alt-Right Utopia, whats you "Big Plan"? Please spell it out and do take your time....

2: Will you be strict Nationalists, Isolationists, or both? I'm sure Russia, China, North Korea, Iran and others will be throwing a really big Party if you prefer the Isolationist route.

3: I guess this one is a bit of a tie-in with question #2, but since "you have all the guns" and are "really tough' will you just go ahead and do a "first strike" on Russia, China, Etc. or do you have another plan?

And lastly question #4: Since you'll have all the political power after 24', who will take the blame then???

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Prediction
Doctors advise Bidet to take a powder, Kameltoe takes over for two years and appoints Gavin Nuisance as VP as they set him up for a 2024 run to continue the destruction of the country and enable the Great Reset….
EXACTLY! Biden will step down sometime well before the 2024 election (health reasons) so that WheelsGoRound-n-Round can play president for awhile.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score