US Elections (& Politics) :)

Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ahem….
So the opinion of many who know far more than me, is that the US blew up the pipelines to back a NATO ally into a corner forcing them to support the war effort against Russia.

It also happens to be the only plausible answer anyone has given so far.

Former Pentagon Advisor Says US Likely Attacked Nord Stream Pipelines To Isolate Germany

Macgregor suggested that the motive behind the attacks was to prevent Germany from bailing on the Ukraine war after Berlin began “to give the impression that they were no longer going to go along with this proxy war in Ukraine.”

“I’m hesitant to say ‘we know it must have been Washington’. I can’t say that because we just don’t know. But it’s very clear that we have foreclosed Berlin’s options. Berlin was drifting away from this alliance. [Chancellor] Olaf Scholz said ‘I’m not sending any more equipment, I won’t send any tanks’. Now he’s in a bind because the United States has simply robbed him of the option of bailing out. Who’s going to supply him gas and oil and coal and everything else if he bails out? Where does he turn now? And remember, the Germans, who are facing terrible consequences at home refuse to restart nuclear power plants,” the former official said.

As we previously reported, the CIA warned Germany of potential attacks on gas pipelines in the Baltic Sea weeks before Nord Stream 1 and 2 were targeted.

Both Joe Biden and Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland asserted that Nord Stream 2 wouldn’t be allowed to operate if Russia attacked Ukraine.

Reaction score

Oct 03, 2022

Elections always matter. This one REALLY matters!

Dear Patriots,

Nothing is more important right now than working toward the Midterm Elections. The results could save us, or the results could drive in the final nail. We are now one month from finding out our fate.

• If you can, contribute directly to candidates.
  • Help canvas neighborhoods.
  • Offer to drive people to the polls on election day
  • Talk to your friends and family about voting.
  • Volunteer with your county party to see where they need help.

And as always, your greatest gift is that of prayer for our country.

1- This is why elections matter. Electing Republicans to all state offices can make a big difference. Also, you may recall we talked about the importance of the Supreme Court decision, West Virginia v. EPA. Here is an example of how impactful that decision is and will continue to be for a long time.

Just The News

Six states sue Biden to block student loan forgiveness as illegal, hurtful to working class

QUOTE: Six Republican states on Thursday sued President Joe Biden to block his planned cancellation of hundreds of billion of dollars of student loan debt, arguing it was unlawful and harmful to working-class Americans.

Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and South Carolina said in the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Missouri that Congress did not authorize such debt cancellation, meaning Biden lacked legal authority to take the action he announced last month.

They cited the recent Supreme Court ruling in West Virginia vs. Environmental Protection Agency that concluded the executive branch cannot make law where Congress hasn't legislated.

"No statute permits President Biden to unilaterally relieve millions of individuals from their obligation to pay loans they voluntarily assumed," the states argued. "Just months ago, the Supreme Court warned federal agencies against "asserting highly consequential power beyond what Congress could reasonably be understood to have granted" by statute."

The states also argued the U.S. "economy is not well" and the cancellation of the debt, estimated to cost at least $400 billion, will add to inflationary pressures, adding more harm to the country's middle- and working-classes and poor Americans.

2- Great news but it will not stop the left from their all-out efforts to enslave all children in their indoctrination centers, formerly know as schools.

National Review

Arizona Teachers' Union Push to Overturn School-Choice Expansion Fails

QUOTE: The teachers' union-backed campaign to overturn school-choice expansion in Arizona has failed due to a shortfall in signatures, the state's secretary of state announced Thursday.

Under the expansion of Arizona's universal-voucher program, known as the Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA), enacted in June, over one million K-12 public school students in the state will become eligible to receive vouchers to fund their attendance at private, charter, or home schools, up from the 11,000 students who are currently eligible. To subject the expansion to a referendum, the anti-school-choice advocacy group Save Our Schools Arizona had to collect 118,823 valid signatures.

As of Monday, the Goldwater Institute and Center for Arizona Policy, who reportedly had observers watching the petitions as they were scanned Friday, claimed that fewer than 89,000 signatures had been filed.

3- The left is determined to ignore the science and the facts on the deadly Covid-CCP injection and our military continues to suffer. This is the height of Biden hypocrisy on this issue.

Defending The Republic is working daily to help our military members dealing with forced injection.

Daily Mail

Biden congratulates Coast Guard rescue swimmer on Hurricane Ian heroics- just days before he will FIRE him for being unvaccinated as 20,000 members of military face axe

QUOTE: A Coast Guard rescue swimmer was publicly thanked by President Joe Biden for his Hurricane Ian heroics, days before he is due to be fired over the military's Covid-19 vaccine policy.

In a press release, Biden expressed his gratitude to Aviation Survival Technician Second Class Zach Loesch: 'I told him how proud of him I was and thanked him for all the work he and his Coasties are doing to save lives,' the statement read.

The statement thanked the pair 'for the heroic work that they and their Coast Guard colleagues have performed during search and rescue operations in response to Hurricane Ian.'

Following the conversation, Loesch told Breitbart in an interview that he is due to be fired by the Coast Guard over his vaccine stance.

He said: 'If I had asked any of the people I saved yesterday if they wanted to come with me even though I am unvaccinated, every single one of them would have said "yes."

As of September 2022, there are 2,632 unvaccinated members of the US Coast Guard.

The military branch with the most unvaccinated members is the US Marine Corps with 8,913, followed by the Air Force with 3,955, then the Navy, 2,623, the branch with the fewest unvaccinated members is the US Army with 1,337.

4- You will be hard pressed to find positive stories about Gov. DeSantis and his handling of the hurricane. This story is heartwarming.

Town Hall

Within Just 48 Hours, Florida Received More Than $20 Million in Hurricane Donations

QUOTE: Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla) and First Lady Casey DeSantis are praising the help his state has received following the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Ian. In just 48 hours, the state of Florida raised more than $20 million to go toward its Florida Disaster Fund.

From more than 52 different corporations and individuals such as Tom Brady, David Rubin, and Rumble, First Lady DeSantis says the money shows how loyal people are to Florida.

"Raising more than $20 million in 48 hours for The Florida Disaster Fund is a testament to the generosity and compassion from people across Florida and the country... this funding is already being utilized by organizations in the field to help people who have been impacted by this storm. We are incredibly grateful for the outpouring of support for Florida," First Lady DeSantis said.

Within just hours of activating the Florida Disaster Fund, over $10 million was raised from countless people and corporations.

This goes to show the support DeSantis has created by keeping his state free from liberal madness.

5- Another blow to the pretend Governor of Georgia, Stacey Abrams.

Breitbart

Federal Judge Rules Against Stacey Abrams-Backed Group, Upholds 2018 Georgia Voting Law

QUOTE: A federal judge ruled Friday against the remaining claims in Fair Fight Action's lawsuit filed in the weeks after Democrat Stacey Abrams narrowly lost to now-Gov. Brian Kemp in Georgia's 2018 gubernatorial race.

Fair Fight Action, an affiliate of the Abrams-founded PAC Fair Fight, claimed in its 2018 lawsuit numerous "serious and unconstitutional flaws in Georgia's election process" related to absentee ballots, voter registration, and voter list management.

The group alleged certain voting practices in the state disenfranchised racial minorities, but many of the claims had already been thrown out over the last four years, including claims related to "long lines, voting machines, inadequate poll worker training, ballot rejections and large-scale voter registration cancellations," the AJC noted.

Kemp said in a statement of the court ruling that Abrams, a well-funded national figure who has been floated as a Democrat presidential contender, has "from day one ... used this lawsuit to line her pockets, sow distrust in our democratic institutions, and build her own celebrity."

Kemp signed into law last year the state's high-profile Election Integrity Act despite vehement opposition from Abrams, other prominent Democrats, and their corporate allies.

6- We must be prepared for this onslaught of laws when the Dems lose the House and Senate.

Newsmax

Rep. Mike Turner: Expect 'Wild West' Spending Spree if Dems Lose House

QUOTE: Democrats will stage a "Wild West" spending spree in Washington if Republicans win the House in November while trying to push through every package they can before having to relinquish their gavels, Rep. Mike Turner said Sunday.

"They're going to see this as an opportunity to get through a bunch of things they've been waiting patiently on the sides to get done," the Ohio Republican told Fox News' Maria Bartiromo on "Sunday Morning Futures." "We're going to see some unbelievable contortions by Democrats to get things over the line before they lose power."

The extra spending will come while President Joe Biden blames Republicans for the national deficit and inflation, noted Bartiromo, but Turner said it's clear to see how out of control Democrat spending has been under his White House.

7- Isn't it weird that the Big Tech folks NEVER make a "mistake" like this when it is people on the far left? Strange, huh?

Breitbart

Google Claims Censoring Italy Election Winner Meloni's Speech Was a 'Mistake'

QUOTE: Google-owned YouTube restored a viral video of a speech from the winner of the Italian election, Giorgia Meloni, claiming it was "mistakenly" removed from the platform. The speech went viral after Meloni's win, but had been posted to the platform without problem since 2019.

In the 2019 speech, which went viral across multiple platforms this week, Meloni gave a fiery defense of the family, the nation, religion, and basic truths about gender, condemning international elites for attempting to reduce people to "numbers" without any identity.

Almost a full day after the video was taken down, YouTube now admits it made a mistake and has restored the video.

PRAY. SHARE. PRAY.

Hold Fast,

Defending The Republic

Comments or Questions? Contact:
editor@defendingtherepublic.org

Join Our Fight

To have confidence in the outcome of any election, we must continue to demand (1) real paper ballots, (2) hand counted in a bipartisan transparent process, and (3) citizen voter ID.
Missed a newsletter or to revisit a past newsletter? They are archived HERE .
NOTE: Defending The Republic, Inc. is a §501(c)(4) non-profit organization, gifts to which are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
There are plenty of people who believe russia is the root of all the problems who will disagree with that.
Exactly what they’re counting on. Brain dead masses are conditioned to think Russia and Orange Man always bad. Therefore no pushback…

Unless the Germans get pissed or Putin decides to lob a nuke.

Reaction score
Bombshell Texts Show Milwaukee Mayor
Colluding With Democrats To Rig 2022 Election

https:/thefederalist.com/2022/10/03/bombshell-texts-show-milwaukee-mayor-colluding-with-democrats-to-rig-2022-election/

By: M.D. Kittle October 03, 2022
1 of 2

Texts between city officials and leftist nonprofit workers indicate that the city of Milwaukee is working to “fortify” the 2022 midterms. We now know that Milwaukee Mayor Cavalier Johnson and his staff are coordinating with Democratic Party operatives in a sweeping get-out-the-vote campaign. Why? Because they tell us in private text messages.

As Empower Wisconsin first reported on Wednesday, communications obtained in an open records request to the city by state Rep. Janel Brandtjen (R-Menomonee Falls) show longtime Democratic Party operative Sachin Chheda telling Johnson and his staff what to say about the Wisconsin Votes 2022 get-out-the-vote campaign. The effort is being funded by a left-wing activist group with close ties to the Center for Tech and Civic Life (CTCL), a leftist nonprofit funded by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.

While city officials, under the direction of Chheda, have said Milwaukee is not receiving any private funding for the effort, two things are clear: The mayor’s office is taking orders from Democratic Party operatives, and the city of Milwaukee is coordinating with left-wing groups in what looks like an expensive effort to influence the outcome of November’s election.

“Are we coordinating all vote events with your group? Based on the media frenzy yesterday, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Johnson’s spokesman Jeff Fleming asks Chheda in a text sent earlier this month.

“When I don’t have information we can’t coordinate,” Chheda testily responds. “I’m not saying every event would be with us, but if you can let me know what’s going on, then I can answer questions and plan. So yes, I do want to know everything related to voting.” Fleming’s question followed the mayor’s comments at a press conference that the city was assisting with the “Milwaukee Votes 2022” effort funded by private grants and that the city would soon be launching a widget on its website related to the get-out-the-vote (GOTV) campaign.

Why would the mayor’s office and Milwaukee’s top election official be working with Democratic operatives on a claimed “nonpartisan”

GOTV campaign? That’s the purview of political parties, not cities. It certainly isn’t — and shouldn’t be — the responsibility of a city’s election administrators.

But the texts show Chheda setting up meetings at the Milwaukee Election Commission office to discuss the handling of Milwaukee Votes 2022.

“Good morning! I’m hoping the four of us can connect early this afternoon about Monday’s event and looking ahead,” the left-wing operative wrote in a text earlier this month.

On this thread was Melissa Baldauff, Gov. Tony Evers’ former communications director and principal with GPS Impact, a marketing outfit that boasts it has helped “Democrats, progressive organizations and initiatives, and elected officials win in red states.” Baldauff and GPS Impact reportedly are or were involved in the GOTV initiative.

Fleming and Claire Woodall-Vogg, executive director of the Milwaukee Election Commission, were also involved in the text chain.

“Claire, Could we gather at City Hall at 1:30 to chat? I think 30 minutes would be enough,” Chheda asks.

“Fine by me. Where at CH?” Fleming responds.

“Claire’s office? Claire if that works for you, we will come to your office?” Chheda writes.

Woodall-Vogg responds, “Good for me.”

“OK, just to confirm we are meeting at Claire’s office, the election commission, at 1:30 PM today, 5th floor city hall. I’m not sending a calendar invite, see you there,” Chheda orders.

According to email communications, Woodall-Vogg previously had connected left-wing voting groups with Chheda.

“I am happy to report that Sachin Chheda’s nonprofit-nonpartisan organization is taking the lead for the mayor. I’ve copied him in the hopes that you two can connect,” the elections official wrote in an email to Peggy Creer, president of the League of Women Voters Milwaukee County, in mid-August. “From my understanding, he is very much on track to still bring in resources for voter education and outreach to the city.”

2 of 2

Late Wednesday, the Republican Party of Wisconsin (RPW) filed a lawsuit in Milwaukee County Circuit Court challenging the city’s “Milwaukee Votes 2022” initiative. RPW alleges government resources and personnel appear to be involved in assisting Democratic-aligned organizations, such as GPS Impact, in their GOTV efforts.

The party says that records released give the appearance of coordination between Johnson’s office and longtime Democratic Party operatives. If that coordination involves the use of government resources or personnel to drive Democratic Party voter turnout, that would be a violation of state statutes and the city of Milwaukee’s own “Political Activity Policy.”

RPW Executive Director Mark Jefferson says the party is deeply concerned that cities like Milwaukee are working with Democrat operatives and partisan third-party groups to get out the vote “in a manner designed to tip the scales for Democrats.”

“Government’s role in elections must be to ensure fairness and transparency, not to benefit one party at the expense of another, and we will aggressively fight to ensure that election laws are followed,” Jefferson said.

Chheda, in writing the press statement for the mayor’s office, instructed Fleming to say:

“There are nonprofit, nonpartisan groups who are canvassing door to door, funded entirely by civic-minded philanthropists, to encourage Milwaukeeans to vote. The city is neither funding nor receiving funds to canvass, and the mayor is voicing his support for the city’s partnership with these nonprofit, nonpartisan groups who are mobilizing voters.”

Chheda then gets up on his left-wing activist soap box, offering an extended statement that never makes it to the press. It shows, once again, Milwaukee’s election office being infiltrated by liberal activist groups:

The mayor is excited about all the work happening to encourage voting with the city and in partnership with outside groups. That includes the widget being installed on the city website which was developed by nonprofit partners and is available to any citizen who wants to check their voter registration statute or learn how to register, regardless of party.

That includes the Early Voting sites funded by city taxpayers that allow all citizens to vote at more than a dozen locations across the city over the course of the 2-weeks early voting period. It includes the work discussed today to make it easier for disabled citizens to have their voice heard. And it includes the city’s support of these nonprofit, nonpartisan groups who are canvassing door to door.

At one point, following a screed demanding he be kept in the loop about public statements, Chheda tells the mayor’s office, “Our funders do not want us to refer folks to Melissa [Baldauff] after all.”

He then rips conservative talk show host Dan O’Donnell, who had reached out to Baldauff for comment earlier this month.

“I do not engage bad actors like Dan O’Donnell He’s not a journalist. He’s a political activist,” Chheda, the political activist, wrote.

“If there are further enquires [sic], can we please discuss before any response is offered. I’d appreciate it. Thank you.”

Brandtjen, who chairs the Assembly Campaign Elections Commission investigating the many questions surrounding the 2020 election, says her office will be submitting follow-up open records requests with the city and its Election Commission.

Read the texts here.
https:/thefederalist.com/2022/10/03/bombshell-texts-show-milwaukee-mayor-colluding-with-democrats-to-rig-2022-election/

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Under the expansion of Arizona's universal-voucher program, known as the Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA), enacted in June, over one million K-12 public school students in the state will become eligible to receive vouchers to fund their attendance at private, charter, or home schools, up from the 11,000 students who are currently eligible. To subject the expansion to a referendum, the anti-school-choice advocacy group Save Our Schools Arizona had to collect 118,823 valid signatures.
This looks like a big win but in the end I'm afraid it will mean the end of the private, charter, and home schools. Once the government gets a organization dependent on the money, they come in with regulations as a condition to receive the money, and the organizations have to choose to either conform or fold up. This is how the public schools were ripped away from local control.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This looks like a big win but in the end I'm afraid it will mean the end of the private, charter, and home schools. Once the government gets a organization dependent on the money, they come in with regulations as a condition to receive the money, and the organizations have to choose to either conform or fold up. This is how the public schools were ripped away from local control.
You have a valid point. This could very well mean the end of those schools as we know them in the future. It happens when they become dependent on the government money and a Democrat starts making demands.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Speaking of ads, here you go….as promised EBE4A8A8-9D36-4BAE-BE57-7D884277E0F9.jpeg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Left dumb##### while lives were at stake

I was watching the Weather Channel during Ian and the exact same thing happened. The guy must have been standing in a wind tunnel effect as he was leaning over hard like this guy. Anyways a guy and woman in their shorts come around a corner and get into their car and having no problems at all. The camera guy quickly zeros in on the weather guy and gets the other people out of the view. Bwahahahahahaha

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I was watching the Weather Channel during Ian and the exact same thing happened. The guy must have been standing in a wind tunnel effect as he was leaning over hard like this guy. Anyways a guy and woman in their shorts come around a corner and get into their car and having no problems at all. The camera guy quickly zeros in on the weather guy and gets the other people out of the view. Bwahahahahahaha
Yep. They won’t be laughing when a real wind gust comes their way. Even a condom won’t stop that. It’ll just rip up all the way and they will regret.