Urgent Updating DH_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream2_V2.800.0000015.0.R.200430.zip

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY , do you know anything about this firmware on Dahua's site? DH_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream2_V2.800.0000026.0.R.220822.

It is listed here: undefined

Just wondering if you are aware of what issues it may be addressing? Looking at that page in the link above, there seems to be quite a few firmwares that were released during August. Would they be security updates?

iandrews

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Having an issue with the firmware for my IPC-HFW1831C-PIR. It crashed out a month ago (after some nearby lightning) and I have just been able to recover it using the TFTP method. The first firmware I put on was General_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream2_V2.800.0000018.0.R.210707 I think, and it did the trick in un-bricking it. During (re)setup I noticed that under the PIR Alarm settings it didn't have any option to not have the alarm siren go off.

Alarm1.JPG

In searching around I found this version, so installed to DH_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream2_V2.800.0000008.0.R.190619.bin and that did then have the option.

Alarm.JPG

Then in more searching I found version, DH_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream2_V2.800.0000018.0.R.210707.bin (so starts DH not general) and even the one linked to above DH_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream2_V2.800.0000026.0.R.220822.bin, however they both revert back to how it looks in the first image with no "Audio Linkage" section.

Can anyone with later firmware confirm what their PIR Alarm settings look like.

Thanks.

Last edited:

iandrews

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update, got the DH_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream2_V2.800.0000015.0.R.200430.bin firmware from Index of /Firmware/Kamery -IP- stałopozycyjne/LITE265/Stare (dahua.support) and that has the "Audio Linkage" section, then got DH_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream2_V2.800.0000016.0.R.200605.bin and that's back to it being missing again.

So, does anyone running later then 200430 have the "Audio Linkage" section, and if not, how do you disable the alarm siren (if you don't wat it to go off with PIR detection).

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgraded mine to V2.800.0000026.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-22 and can confirm that the Audio Linkage is also missing.
-what does this function do anyway, I don't find any documentation on it "Audio Linkage"

I don't use the detection on the camera, I use BI instead, but this is a good point.

I guess you can downgrade to the other firmwares, I may also downgrade to the one you have confirmed has this feature.

iandrews

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I upgraded mine to V2.800.0000026.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-22 and can confirm that the Audio Linkage is also missing.
-what does this function do anyway, I don't find any documentation on it "Audio Linkage"

I don't use the detection on the camera, I use BI instead, but this is a good point.

I guess you can downgrade to the other firmwares, I may also downgrade to the one you have confirmed has this feature.
My understanding is that if you have PIR enabled, then if it "detects" anything you can have the alarm siren and / or light come on. The "Audio Linkage" is to enable or disable the alarm siren. With the firmware with this missing I can't see anyway to stop the alarm siren going off on PIR motion.

The way I had this camera set up (before it went pop) was at a front door, and I had PIR enabled, and Blue Iris then sent an alert by using "Get ONVIF trigger events" under the camera setup, and using "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" under Trigger, but along with that the camera would swich on the light (but not the alarm siren).

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
what is your last firmware version which support linkage? Then i can check if can get it for you.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess the question is how does one turn off the siren on the later FW.
The one you provided DH_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream2_V2.800.0000015.0.R.200430.bin has this option, but also later versions address security issues so what is the recommended step?

use FW from 2020 to get a feature to work as expected
upgrade the FW to address security issues but lose an expected feature

iandrews

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what is your last firmware version which support linkage? Then i can check if can get it for you.
From here Index of /Firmware/Kamery -IP- stałopozycyjne/LITE265/Stare (dahua.support) 200430 has "Audio Linkage", but later 200605 and 210707 does not. Also got 220822 from one of the link on this forum, and that also doesn't have it.

Not sure what version of firmware I was on before my PC-HFW1831C-PIR went pop, as hadn't updated it for a while (if it's not broke, don't try to fix it), but I do remember applying a critical update a few years ago when you made a post about needing an urgent update.

iandrews

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To add, I have just found the firmware file for 191202 on my download / scratch drive, so maybe that was the last version I was on. I have just loaded that firmware and it has the "Audio Linkage" option (but is of course earlier then 200430 that also still has it).

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I think dahua not care for that IPC-HFW1831C-PIR and without adding it on. i will check with them if they still can do some update on it, but i think it will be hard to add back on new fw. That series the latest update is the last update.

iandrews

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think dahua not care for that IPC-HFW1831C-PIR and without adding it on. i will check with them if they still can do some update on it, but i think it will be hard to add back on new fw. That series the latest update is the last update.
Don't spend time on it, I'm happy to use the 200430 firmware. Was just curious to see if others were getting the same, or it was something to do with my camera going pop, and then me un-bricking it.

Not even sure what I will use this camera for now, as replaced it with a dual (boob) cam from you a few weeks ago, and would just like to say great service and speedy delivery to the UK. :thumb:

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are there any best steps to downgrade a firmware (i.e. reset, etc after upgrade)?

xan500

n3wb
Reaction score
For this camera DH-IPC-HDW1230SP-0360B is this firmware suitable?
This version is currently installed V2.680.0000000.1.R Build Date:2019-01-27

exarkun

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't spend time on it, I'm happy to use the 200430 firmware. Was just curious to see if others were getting the same, or it was something to do with my camera going pop, and then me un-bricking it.

Not even sure what I will use this camera for now, as replaced it with a dual (boob) cam from you a few weeks ago, and would just like to say great service and speedy delivery to the UK. :thumb:
I have the same problem, if you go to a newer firmware than 2.800.0000015.0.R,2020-04-30 the option to enable/disable the alarm sound is gone. It is really annoying.

I have found a clunky work-around for it. When at this version (2.800.0000015.0.R,2020-04-30), setup everything on the camera as you like, especially the alarm sound.
Then, when you upgrade to a newer version, the sound setting will stay. However if there are newer features/settings in a newer firmware, changing these new settings (or even seeing them) may not work.
I just did this and have mine running version 2.800.0000026.0.R,2022-08-22 with the alarm sound off.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My workaround is if the camera is working for my needs, I don't update it and risk something being taken away in a firmware update or breaking something that was working LOL :p

exarkun

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My workaround is if the camera is working for my needs, I don't update it and risk something being taken away in a firmware update or breaking something that was working LOL :p
Not sure how your comment contributes to the question at all...

I just found that using webui for my NVR, you can turn on/off the audio alert. It is under Alarm/Video Detection/PIR and there is a "Camera Audio" check box.
So even though the camera webui does not show it, my NVR does.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure how your comment contributes to the question at all...

I just found that using webui for my NVR, you can turn on/off the audio alert. It is under Alarm/Video Detection/PIR and there is a "Camera Audio" check box.
So even though the camera webui does not show it, my NVR does.
My comment contributes to the question with an answer used around around here - Don't fix what ain't broke....if the camera is working for your needs, why risk updating it and break something you have?

You mention it was working in a previous update and disappears if you update....so did the update include something you needed? If not, then why bother. If it did, it is worth losing this feature?

I am glad you found a workaround, but for those without an NVR, they would be SOL if they needed what was there previously...