Upgraded to V5.4.5 and IP address changed to 192.168.1.64

Heuer

n3wb
Reaction score
Just upgraded three UK cameras from 5.2.1 to 5.4.5. First two cameras (2132 & 2332) work perfectly but 2632F whilst working will not allow me access to change the IP address. In fact any change I try and make via iVMS comes back with an error, usually HCNETSDK.dll(29), and although some display setting changes take effect they do not survive a reboot. The previous IP address has been replaced by 192.168.1.64 and my original settings were lost.

Any attempt to connect a browser to the IP address is rejected and after each reboot the camera goes to 'inactive'. I tried the TFTP method but the camera is not detected. I have redone the f/w install from iVMS4200 and whilst it succeeds the fault still remains. Camera appears in SADP and the iVMS.

I understand I cannot downgrade the f/w so any thoughts what can be done to recover it?

Thanks

David

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any attempt to connect a browser to the IP address is rejected and after each reboot the camera goes to 'inactive'.
From what I recall, I believe there is a reset button under the cover under the shield.
Maybe the button is stuck in, and it's doing a 'reset to defaults' on each reboot.

Heuer

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried the reset button but same result. Camera is refusing all access yet continues to beam video.

Last edited:

Heuer

n3wb
Reaction score
None of my changes are accepted and the error message HCNETSDK.DLL {29} appears. I tried powering off/on the camera but on doing so it returned to factory settings. I had to re-activate the camera but the same thing happened when trying to configure it. I notice some changes (date/time) produced the error message but were accepted and lost on reboot. I then tried:

1. Factory reset via iVMS
2. Upgrade f/w to 5.4.5
3. Downgrade f/w to 5.4.0
4. Downgrade to 5.3.0 - prohibited
5. Factory reset using button inside camera
6. Used TFTP to force f/w update - did not respond to the server at 192.0.0.128
7. Used ONVIF device manager - returns "No connection because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.64:80"
8. Tried to use BrickfixV2 to reinstall f/w but no response from TFTP

The camera is still un-configurable although video displays perfectly. I could probably live with the settings however the one problem is that Milestone was looking for a different IP address for the camera so is not recording. I tried adding it as a new device and although Milestone finds the camera at its new IP address it cannot connect (comes back with 'invalid password or user name') presumably because it is actively refusing connections. So the camera is sending data but not prepared to accept data.

Any thoughts on kicking it back to life or should I just give up and order a replacement?