UNBRICK DAHUA DSS7016D-H - Server

rubsmong

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi memebers, need some help - bought a Dahua General Surveillance System that came with corrupt firmware and no help from the dealer. I managed to sucessfuly upgrade the firmware through general config tool with General_DSS_Eng_Basic_V6.08.000.R.20170713 - BIN file. Stupid me thought of even upgrading further to a more recent firmware - so i injected General_OverseasDSS7016S2_Eng_Basic_V8.000.0000004.0.R.20211230 BIN file and after a reboot got stuck at "standard 3.5 inch corporate-level SATA port 1TB system disk (or same-type HDD) plug into slot 1 in the upper left....."
I have used another new 1TB hard-disk slotted in slot 1 as advised but no response. Trying to roll back the upgrade via general config tool gives an upgrade error - device is disconnected and the server reboots.
Any help wuld be appreciated

Attachments

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You cannot put S2 firmware on the S1 server mate there is your first issue. Config Tool will not roll firmware back

rubsmong

n3wb
Reaction score
You cannot put S2 firmware on the S1 server mate there is your first issue. Config Tool will not roll firmware back
No wonder the error - seems like am fried. Crossing fingers for a solution even if it means burning a new image (if theres something like that) - no matter how unconventional. Thanks

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you got a Dahua repair centre in your region? They will be the only people who can get you out of this. I believe re-imaging the system drive is what needs to be done, but could need a new ROM flashed too.

rubsmong

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you got a Dahua repair centre in your region? They will be the only people who can get you out of this. I believe re-imaging the system drive is what needs to be done, but could need a new ROM flashed too.
Been linked with their local support team and been in touch - doing logistics on how to ship the unit to them. Will keep you posted how it goes. Thanks

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok well at least they are dealing with you, they can be very difficult at times