Unable to connect to LaView bullet cameras

ACABThomas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the process of moving off of a LaView NVR (LV-N9808C8E) to a Synology DVA1622. I was able to move my LV-PD51208C dome cameras to a PoE switch, connect with SADP, and reset their IPs away from the NVR IP range and onto my LAN via DHCP, allowing the Synology to see & connect them just fine. But when I try to do the same steps with my LV-PB912F4C bullet cameras, SADP cannot detect them.

I've tried connecting my PC directly to the PoE switch and changing my IP to be in the same range as the cameras, and also tried doing the same steps using a single camera and a PoE injector. In both cases, neither SADP nor Reolink can see the camera. IP Scanner can see the camera's IP address, which matches it's IP from the NVR, but it's unable to ping it. I tried connecting directly to the reported IP address, using different port numbers (e.g., 8000), and still no luck. I also tried SearchTool, but it did not report anything.

Any idea why IP Scanner would see the IP address, but the camera apparently won't respond to anything?

Any other things to try before I climb up on a ladder and try to reset these cameras?

Thanks.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Get VLC software, then change computer IP address to same range as cam, then use VLC, select Media / Open Network Stream and enter in the RTSP address. This will see if you can connect to cam. For example, if your cam is 192.168.0.100, enter in the cam's username/password with the address:
Code:
rtsp://UserName:Password@192.168.0.100:554/Streaming/Channels/1

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any idea why IP Scanner would see the IP address, but the camera apparently won't respond to anything?

Any other things to try before I climb up on a ladder and try to reset these cameras?
IIRC, that LaView cam is OEM'd by Hikvision. I don't have any Hikvision's in service so I can't check this theory but on my Dahuas and Amcrests (OEM'd by Dahua) there's a check box in Network => TCP/IP settings for "Enable ARP/Ping to set IP address service" that should be checked otherwise the cam won't handle IP address changes well, the MAC address logged previously into the router doesn't get updated or something.

You might have to get out that ladder!

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Get VLC software, then change computer IP address to same range as cam, then use VLC, select Media / Open Network Stream and enter in the RTSP address. This will see if you can connect to cam. For example, if your cam is 192.168.0.100, enter in the cam's username/password with the address:
Code:
rtsp:/UserName:Password@192.168.0.100:554/Streaming/Channels/1
I'm thinking he can't connect to the cam's webGUI for configuring, I don't think it's an issue not having the working URL to be able to stream video. :cool:

ACABThomas

n3wb
Reaction score
Code:
rtsp:/UserName:Password@192.168.0.100:554/Streaming/Channels/1
Thanks. Before seeing your post, I did try VLC as well, except the URL builder suggested port 8554 instead of 554. VLC could not connect either. I can try port 554 when I get back from vacation.

Pinball2k

n3wb
Reaction score
I too have left the LaView NVR. I was able to connect a LaView dome camera and that is fine.
I have 5 bullet LaView cameras and can not seem to connect to them via Web Browser on my PC.
Does anyone know the IP address range for the LaView HD wired bullet camera?
Also, I assume the login=admin and the default passwords is 12345.

Thanks for any help with this.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I too have left the LaView NVR. I was able to connect a LaView dome camera and that is fine.
I have 5 bullet LaView cameras and can not seem to connect to them via Web Browser on my PC.
Does anyone know the IP address range for the LaView HD wired bullet camera?
Also, I assume the login=admin and the default passwords is 12345.

Thanks for any help with this.
What is the cam's model number?

Pinball2k

n3wb
Reaction score
It is an HD camera about 7 years old. Picture attached to original post.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is an HD camera about 7 years old. Picture attached to original post.
I saw that image but it did not help with identifying it (at least it didn't help me). :cool:
Is there any kind of reset button, either on the end of the pigtail or under a door for a SD card on the bottom or back?

Also, is the NVR it used to be plugged into a POE NVR or were the cams powered another way?

If the cams were powered by a POE NVR, there's a chance the cams are already configured to be DHCP, meaning they'll receive their IP from a POE NVR or a router. If this is the case, try this:
  • Insure your smartphone is on your LAN's Wi-Fi.
  • Install FING on your smartphone. (Fing for Windows sux, IMO)
  • Open Fing and perform a network scan; make note of the devices on your LAN.
  • Power the cam with a 12VDC @ 1.0 Amp adapter.
  • Plug the cam into a LAN port on your router.
  • Wait 1 minute.
  • Perform another network scan with Fing; notice if there is a new device; if so, note the IP address.
  • In the app, tap on that device, scroll down and tap on "Find open ports", report back.

Last edited:

Pinball2k

n3wb
Reaction score
I saw that image but it did not help with identifying it (at least it didn't help me). :cool:
Is there any kind of reset button, either on the end of the pigtail or under a door for a SD card on the bottom or back?

Also, is the NVR it used to be plugged into a POE NVR or were the cams powered another way?

If the cams were powered by a POE NVR, there's a chance the cams are already configured to be DHCP, meaning they'll receive their IP from a POE NVR or a router. If this is the case, try this:
  • Insure your smartphone is on your LAN's Wi-Fi.
  • Install FING on your smartphone. (Fing for Windows sux, IMO)
  • Open Fing and perform a network scan; make note of the devices on your LAN.
  • Power the cam with a 12VDC @ 1.0 Amp adapter.
  • Plug the cam into a LAN port on your router.
  • Wait 1 minute.
  • Perform another network scan with Fing; notice if there is a new device; if so, note the IP address.
  • In the app, tap on that device, scroll down and tap on "Find open ports", report back.
Thanks so much for your help on this. Somehow I manged to get the LaView camera hooked up to my new no-nane NVR. I'm still working on setting up the new NVR and will document what I did when I'm done.

Thanks again for your help.