Unable To Add IP Cameras After Resetting NVR

yazen

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear All ...

By mistake I reset my Hikvision NVR, with 23 IP cameras already installed with out , after that we are unable to add the cameras again .
it's not about network because the cameras appears in list of adding new camera as Active .
also 8 cameras connected to PoE NVR , other cameras connected by external PoE switch , unfortunately the cameras hasn't factory reset button .
typically I should reset the all cameras again by sending to Hikvision team , but I'm wondering why that's happened and may we can solve It by easer way.

Many Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
typically I should reset the all cameras again by sending to Hikvision team , but I'm wondering why that's happened and may we can solve It by easer way
Suggestion :
Change the NVR admin password to be the same as it used to be, alternatively, in the NVR VGA/HDMI interface, set the camera-specific password to be the same as it used to be (likely to have been the NVR admin password).
In the NVR 'Camera configuration' web GUI, note down the IP addresses that all the NVR PoE channels are set to expect for the cameras.
Connect a PC to an unused NVR PoE port, run SADP to find the cameras.
Disconnect all cameras expect one, refresh SADP.
Using the NVR previous admin password - change the camera IP address to match that used by the channel you'd like that camera to appear on, and connect the camera to that channel.
It should connect OK.
If the camera does not connect - change the NVR channel mode to 'Manual' and change the password on the channel to match that which working with SADP on the camera.
Repeat for the remaining cameras, both on the NVR PoE ports and on the LAN PoE switch.

yazen

n3wb
Reaction score
Suggestion :
Change the NVR admin password to be the same as it used to be, alternatively, in the NVR VGA/HDMI interface, set the camera-specific password to be the same as it used to be (likely to have been the NVR admin password).
In the NVR 'Camera configuration' web GUI, note down the IP addresses that all the NVR PoE channels are set to expect for the cameras.
Connect a PC to an unused NVR PoE port, run SADP to find the cameras.
Disconnect all cameras expect one, refresh SADP.
Using the NVR previous admin password - change the camera IP address to match that used by the channel you'd like that camera to appear on, and connect the camera to that channel.
It should connect OK.
If the camera does not connect - change the NVR channel mode to 'Manual' and change the password on the channel to match that which working with SADP on the camera.
Repeat for the remaining cameras, both on the NVR PoE ports and on the LAN PoE switch.
Thank you Mate

I tried but unfortunately it doesn't work , Im starting to reset all the cameras one by one by sending too many emails to Hikvision support team .
I try with TFTP servicer may I can reset the cameras by reinstall the firmware again it's not working too .