Unable to access information using any browser to update cameras

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is becoming annoying, I have 2 cameras that I would like to firmware update (KEPLER-2332) they are on V5.4.41 build 170312 (they are 100% Hikvision compatible and all updates have worked without issue before)

I can use chrome (etc) to log on to the web interface on them no issue, and i 'USED' to use ietab to get round the fact I am unable to make changes unless ietab is used, this has not been an issue until now.

If i now log on using chrome/edge etc, I enter credentials and I see options, but no live view (as before) BUT when I use ietab (chrome extension or for that matter ie from within edge) when I enter the credentials NOTHING, it just sits on the logon page and I see no error or the likes, it is as though I have not clicked or pressed enter.

If I enter the wrong password, it gives me the standard error message that I have done so.

I have tried 2 different windows 10 machines, all i have available and the result is the same. My assumptions is that some stupid microsoft update has done something, but it is a while since i needed to do an update so finding the one would be an issue.

I have tried. brave. firefox edge chrome ie and nothing logs me in to be able to make the required changes..

Any help or thoughts appreciated

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
H O L Y S H I T

I had NEVER even considered this tool, my background assumed it was for creating a template style file that would be used to configure multiple (as in 000) for speedy deployment.

What is does is perfect for what I need...

Once again I am in your debt kind sir

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best browser to use is IE running as administrator. Firefox and chrome would work but certain options are missing. I have attached the official information below from Hikvision.

1584367434470.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have attached the official information below from Hikvision.
That will depend a lot on what version of firmware is running, and what series of camera and NVR it's running on.
And what OS the browser is running under.
And whether LocalServiceComponents is installed.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correct... The information I posted is for:

NVR: 4.1.65 and later
Cameras: 5.5.81 and later

Anything under that will not have support for Chrome or Firefox.

So Internet Explorer is a must for older firmware. No Edge either. With that being said... Chrome will work if using IE Tab extension. Usage of the client software is the best method for access. IVMS-4200

On Mac's... Safari will work on High Sierra unless you did the Safari upgrade to 12. Mojave and Catalina has issues with browser access. Work around.... Sea Monkey has had success with many people or just get the IVMS-4200 client software of at least 2.0. Port forwarding will need to be done for the recorder for access to be available.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My NVR is a DS7604NI-E1 with the latest FW 181226 and I have 2 units below 5.5.81 and 2 above, even iVMS4200 no longer sees the units for main view :(

I have a PC that runs BI . so I use that do do any live view

So (for me) the list of what works and what does not is not correct.

My OS is W10 1909 18363.720 - All browsers are up to date and all patches applied.

As stated, I can log onto the units to see basic settings, but it is obvious that whatever is needed to make a change or view the feed will not function and even using ie with admin returns nothing