Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are free to wish. But no, was a real survey.
Don't doubt it was a real survey but the replies aren't quite as believable.

"Americans Who Cowered Under Government Oppression For 2 Years Urge Ukrainians To Die For Freedom"
- Babylon Bee

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have not followed Wesley Clark much .. so not certain how much to trust him .. still as a former NATO leader it is useful to listen, just like it is useful to listen to Putin to form a better opinion
Clark got the job as a Clinton acolyte and when he was fired from it Clinton didn't save him. If Clark's pushing a POV it's because it's good for him not for you.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Russian troops .. feed and bed in the cold ..

and

yikes .. training ..

Interesting to see the logistics of moving troops and catering for them. I can't help but feel once the shit hits the fan such luxuries will be few and far between for any soldier in any army.

I've read some books on the formation and operations of the SAS in Africa and later Europe during WW2 and that camp looks like a sitting duck for suitably motivated individuals. In fact from the footage and coverage I've seen so far there seems to be countless opportunities for such units. They would have a field day

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
The stand out bit for me in the following article is the troops are really just kids. Every generating thinks they've just invented sex drugs and rock n roll only to find its been happening from the beginning of mankind.

Question for all.

How much did you know or not know when you were 18?

I'll answer first.......I'm still learning how little i know :D

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
@ 16 I ran the sporting goods (fire arms sales ) for a department store. @ 18 I had a successful VW repair biz. @ 24
Service Manager of a Ford dealership. Broke by 26 but, going back up.

Last edited:

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The stand out bit for me in the following article is the troops are really just kids. Every generating thinks they've just invented sex drugs and rock n roll only to find its been happening from the beginning of mankind.

Question for all.

How much did you know or not know when you were 18?

I'll answer first.......I'm still learning how little i know :D
Exactly right!

" Military experts say there are several factors at play: including the use of young, inexperienced conscripts by Russia.
Despite President Putin's claims that he wouldn’t use conscripts, it’s widely accepted they have been sent into Ukraine."

America won the Revolutionary War, WWI, WWII, Korean War (truce) and Vietnam War with inexperienced young conscripts, so the claim that Russia's military is weak and slow because it includes inexperienced young conscripts is ridiculous, like so many other dishonest claims the left is repeating like brain-dead parrots. No offense to the birds.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What amazes me is all the pictures of destroyed tanks with the turrets blown completely off, relatively intact, and anything from 10 to 50 feet from the hull. Anyone have any idea how that actually happens? I know the NLAW is pretty potent but from what I've seen it's an overhead blast directly above the turret. From what I've seen of tanks, the turret is held on by eight or more extremely heavy roller bearings so getting it to "pop" like that would take some very rapid and serious internal overpressure.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
What amazes me is all the pictures of destroyed tanks with the turrets blown completely off, relatively intact, and anything from 10 to 50 feet from the hull. Anyone have any idea how that actually happens? I know the NLAW is pretty potent but from what I've seen it's an overhead blast directly above the turret. From what I've seen of tanks, the turret is held on by eight or more extremely heavy roller bearings so getting it to "pop" like that would take some very rapid and serious internal overpressure.
So far witchcraft has yet to get a mention in this war. I'll go for that :D

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Scant experience around tanks except for a Ruskie PT76 that was disabled in our camp in Vietnam. I would guess the stored ammo and charges for the main gun inside the tank detonate sympathetically from the initial blast and pop the turret at the mounting ring.