Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is very strange ..

Z force .. civilian vehicles being railed in ..

Did they run out of older Soviet Military vehicles? ?

1646626274990.png
1646626314646.png
1646626337965.png
1646626365435.png
1646626390701.png

1646626414908.png
1646626460077.png

1646626480944.png

1646626509875.png
1646626532252.png

1646626611233.png

1646626636343.png
1646626662203.png

ref:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In this short clip, Victor assesses the ongoing conflict between Ukraine and Russia, and Putin's attempt through all of this to rebuild a global super power, following an unexpectedly disappointing post-cold war period for Russia.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The Indians don't seem to understand the Conflict. I accidentally came across a video the other day from The India Times (I think) in which a couple of leading Indian Military Generals were saying they didn't understand the West for not invading Ukraine and killing the Russians saying they did it in Afganistan, Iraq etc. They didn't seem to realie that if we attacked Russia it would be war, probably nuclear. I have to worry for India here because if they're that shortsighted and India and Pakistan are both nuclear powers....

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Indians don't seem to understand the Conflict. I accidentally came across a video the other day from The India Times (I think) in which a couple of leading Indian Military Generals were saying they didn't understand the West for not invading Ukraine and killing the Russians saying they did it in Afganistan, Iraq etc. They didn't seem to realie that if we attacked Russia it would be war, probably nuclear. I have to worry for India here because if they're that shortsighted and India and Pakistan are both nuclear powers....
FWIW - I have decided that WOIN TV / Media is not a great channel for accurate news .. they seem to be very biased ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ah!!! Now we know why the long road of trucks going to Kyiv .. to form a defensive truck shield for the tanks and apcs!

Of course, this makes it hard to hit the tanks with atgms ..

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll agree about hating violence, and I'm afraid of saying something careless that can be mistaken as promoting or supporting it. So taking the risk, I'll say that one man's violence is another man's self defense. If somebody is kidnapped in a non-violent way, is it acceptable to resort to violence to escape? If Canada or Mexico had decided to join the Warsaw Pact, was the USA to accept it because they are a sovereign country? If Russia were with permission to install missiles in Cuba, do we let them do it to avoid the risk of violence? I went through school back when they taught the 3 Rs, and also was taught that the USA never starts wars and reluctantly joins them only when it's for a righteous cause. I've since seen that the USA frequently starts wars and it's usually about gaining money and power one way or another. I can easily see that Russia can feel backed into a corner and might be responding out of fear, which may be real or imagined. Fear responses are often irrational. It sure looks like the western countries have stoked that fear. I don't think this would have blown up at all if Trump were still in power, and I think Trump's attitude about Ukraine in NATO would be to say that we love Ukraine and would like to have them in NATO, but Russia deserves to not have the threat of the western military sitting on their border, so it's best for Ukraine to stay out of NATO and we won't love them any less for it.
I'm in agreement with most of what you wrote, but curious about this:
" I've since seen that the USA frequently starts wars and it's usually about gaining money and power one way or another."

What wars are you referring to? Supposing we can disregard actions involving the GWOT since 2001.

Also wonder what you think about private corporations getting involved in the foreign affairs of nations with their woke cancel culture tactics. Does that make them belligerents and subject their people and assets to legitimate retaliation?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Also wonder what you think about private corporations getting involved in the foreign affairs of nations with their woke cancel culture tactics. Does that make them belligerents and subject their people and assets to legitimate retaliation?
Couldn't you have asked an easier question :)? Seriously, there are so many different ways of looking at this that I can't find any clarity of what to think. On one hand, I think private corporations should be able to make decisions about their business without any interference. On the other hand, those that are monopolies or have a vital product shouldn't be able to carelessly, or with intent to do harm, withhold a basic need. Once they cross the line of manipulating or controlling foreign affairs, that's too far. There are so many things open to interpretation in what I just said that even agreeing with it leaves it wide open to debate. My greater concern is USA corporations using these tactics against US citizens. You have raised a very good question, and I do not have an answer for it other than on an individual level I do think retaliation is legitimate, and that is in the form of educating others and not using a corporation's product.