Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Basically:
Russia has aircraft, artillery, armor .. but not enough manpower in the war.
Ukraine has manpower which is needing more training, but not enough aircraft, artillery, and armor

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Fireworks in Crimea ..

Google Translate give me:
"Video of warehouse explosions in the temporarily occupied Crimea near the village of Maiske near Dzhankoy"

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Ukrainian presidential aide Mykhailo Podolyaka said the blasts were "demilitarisation in action" - using the same term used by Russia to justify its invasion of Ukraine

Reaction score

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
View attachment 135869 View attachment 135870

CBS removes investigation into illegal arms trade in Ukraine
08 August 2022 14:32
THE WHOLE WORLD
globallookpress/Senior Airman Faith Schaefer
Just yesterday, the American cable giant CBS published its own investigation into the massive embezzlement of military aid that the West sends to the Kyiv regime. But today you will not be able to watch this investigation - it simply disappeared from the news company's website.

The American television company CBS released a 23.5-minute documentary called Arming Ukraine - Arming Ukraine - which quickly became the subject of a scandal. The experts presented in the film claimed that "only 30%" of the aid allocated to Ukraine gets directly to the front line. The rest of the weapons simply leak to the black market.

“All these weapons cross the border [of Ukraine], and then something happens and it’s like 30% of these weapons actually reach their final destination,” Jonas Ochman, CEO of the Lithuanian company Blue-Yellow, which raises funds to sponsor Ukrainian military.
prt scr youtube.com/CBS News
However, today it is already much more difficult to find this film on the Web. It is not on the verified YouTube channel of the CBSNews holding, nor on the website. The only thing left about this film, apart from textual references, is its trailer, which remained on the official CBS channel. The fact that the film really existed and was uploaded to the Web in full is evidenced by the preserved links that led to the page with it. Even a video announcement has been preserved, showing several frames from the film and showing its full timing - 23:30. However, when you try to follow this link, you will see the message "Page not found".

However, the site cbsnews.com still has an article under the heading "Why military aid to Ukraine can't always reach the front lines." The headline of the article indicates that this is an edited version of the material, and that the edits were made on August 7, 2022 at 19:49, that is, after the publication of the film. Such material was first published on the CBS website four days ago. That is, on August 4, before the premiere of the documentary. Probably, the source material was something like a “lead” to a documentary report and was supposed to stir up the interest of the audience. But something went wrong.

globallookpress.com/Volodymyr Tarasovukrinform/Keystone Press Agency
You can understand what exactly happened from the already edited text available on the website of the news holding. The opening editor's note reads: "This article has been updated to reflect changes since the CBS Reports documentary Arming Ukraine was produced, and this documentary is also being updated. Jonas Ochman says the delivery has improved a lot since the CBS shoot at the end of April. The Government of Ukraine has indicated that US Defense Attaché Brigadier General Garrick Harmon arrived in Kyiv in August 2022 to control and monitor weapons.”

Thus, the shooting took place in April, but the journalists began to make changes to the material only three months later, only after the premiere of the film. Couldn't Mr. Ohman and other invited experts have been able to correct the script and provide new comments during these three months, if the supply situation (as they claim) began to improve? That is, it was necessary to first publish the announced film, so that later, a day later, “catch on” and hastily start reshaping everything? CBS is a really serious holding that employs professional journalists, so it's hard to believe in such a scenario.

prt scr youtube.com/CBS News
Much more likely is the situation when someone in the "high offices" - Ukrainian and American - after the release of the film was seriously concerned about the potential rehearsal losses from the disclosure of such an unsightly truth, and "politely asked" CBS to remove the materials from the public domain and edit them, behind the scenes. sending a controller from the Pentagon to Ukraine. According to CBS themselves, General Harmon arrived "in August" - that is, he may have flown to Kyiv just at the moment when the editor was making corrections to the text, or even arrived after.

Quite possibly, journalists from CBS really opened up a corruption abscess, and the documentary could significantly spoil the picture of mighty military assistance to Ukraine, which the West and Kyiv are trying to paint for the world. And now they are trying to hush up this story.

---

Who said "censorship"? How can there be censorship in a democratic country? And, well, yes - "it's a completely different matter." :facepalm:
I’m shocked that 30% made it. I just assumed that at best the front lines would receive a few hundred rounds of ammunition.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting read. :) Sounds like Rommel made some sound military decisions albeit for the wrong team. Anyone surrendering / captured should expect to be unharmed and if war crimes are suspected they should also expect a fair trial in the appropriate courts.

Among other things prisoners disappearing, Incendiary devices chucked into dormitories while they sleep or sit about and sham trails resulting in a march to the gallows fall someway short of this expectation.

This obviously leaves open the option of not taking any prisoners at all but putting your opponents on "death ground" they will punch way way way beyond their weight.

I suppose the moral of the story in an immoral war is to try to do the right thing most of the time.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m shocked that 30% made it. I just assumed that at best the front lines would receive a few hundred rounds of ammunition.
Looking at the headlines this week and the excuses given by Russia for the destruction i think a few hundred packs of Marlboro Red was delivered :D

Note the health warning lol

1660686835186.png

Reaction score
Interesting read. :) Sounds like Rommel made some sound military decisions albeit for the wrong team. Anyone surrendering / captured should expect to be unharmed and if war crimes are suspected they should also expect a fair trial in the appropriate courts.

Among other things prisoners disappearing, Incendiary devices chucked into dormitories while they sleep or sit about and sham trails resulting in a march to the gallows fall someway short of this expectation.

This obviously leaves open the option of not taking any prisoners at all but putting your opponents on "death ground" they will punch way way way beyond their weight.

I suppose the moral of the story in an immoral war is to try to do the right thing most of the time.
Rommel was the ultimate General. They should celebrate him in Germany. He fought for his homeland, and he fought well. But please do not take my praise as placing him on a pedestal. He still was the enemy, but in many ways, an honorable enemy. Then there was Genghis Khan. Read about his contributions to society and infrastructure....something we weren't told as kids or in our history classes. I know I wasn't. But again, I am not placing him on a pedestal.

So what am I getting at here?

PUTIN'S AN ASSHOLE. :p
1660696521729.png

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Early reports tonight of a another carelessly discarded cigarette butt in Crimea. Other updates from today also on same webpage.

"After one such attack, Ukraine’s defence minister, Oleksiy Reznikov, suggested careless Russian soldiers could be to blame, warning the country's troops to not “smoke in dangerous places”.
Around the time Thursday's attack was reported, Ukraine's defence ministry tweeted "smoking kills" - an apparent reference to Reznikov's apparently tongue-in-cheek remarks. "

21:49 Explosions hit military airfield in Crimea - reports