Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi @tigerwillow1 your a good guy with 2500 odd posts, with a massive contribution and influence. You make the site great. By comparison my coat hasn't even stopped swinging yet.

Go with your gut instincts they have kept you right and will continue to keep you right :)

As regards the money, power, influence and motivation ......all i see is people being slaughtered and it don't need to happen.

Here's to yourself and ipcamtalk :)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot more about this conflict on a longer term, and it is becoming clear that Russia is behaving more like Soviet / Nazi aggressors from WWII with the atrocities they are committing as well as with their propaganda and attitudes in society.

This is not going to end well if Russia emerges strong from the war, this is basically Poland 1939 ...

2014 was Sudetenland with Russia taking sections of the Donbas region and Crimea from Ukraine. Remember Russia forced those who were originally in Crimea to relocate .. Crimea historically has a larger number of Tartars compared to Russians ( it also had a significant Jewish population .. )

At this time, probably a good idea to find ways to reverse Russia's historical land grabs and find ways to reverse those in favor of the smaller Nations which Russia bullied.

1652558431316.png

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1. I want to offer condolences regarding the mass shooting in Buffalo.
2. Below is a photo of Peyton Gendron, who reportedly carried out the shooting out of racist motives, and the emblem of the Azov Battalion, which Russia considers Nazis and the US believes to be freedom fighters.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just read about the shooting in Buffalo. Sad damn day and my prayers go out to those there were shot, injured, died as well to the family and friends that are affected by this. It's just terrible all around.
As for AG Garland saying they are investigating it as a hate crime, whether it is or not, I don't believe a damn thing he says. This administration is so politically motivated to support its agenda, they will rape the
truth and pervert it to their needs no matter what. THAT TRULY IS A DAMN SHAME.

And even if this POS coward is a member of the Azov Battalion or not, and even if Russia considers him a NAZI or not and Russia considers the Azov Bn NAZI's, Russia STILL HAD NO RIGHT to attack a sovereign nation. Period.
This isn't about NAZI's, its about land grab, and a certain short mans ego. IMO.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I ran across this meme that's an example of why I say the US has no standing to be criticizing Russia.
capture.png

I don't want to be posting junk here and made an attempt to sanity check the 337,000 bombs claim. Here's a bit of what I found, mostly from New York Times, no less.
  • In Syria and Iraq, 1,000 strikes with 4,727 bombs and missiles.
  • In Syria, 70 civilians killed and a dam on the "no strike" list bombed
  • In Yemen, over 100 civilians killed with US made bomb dropped by Saudi Arabia
  • In Afghanistan, one strike killed 10 civilians including 7 children
Wouldn't the western governments be crying "war crimes" if these things were done by a non-western government?

I may have tripped across the source of data for the meme: ‘Hey, Hey, USA! How Many Bombs Did You Drop Today?’
Not a source I'd want to blindly trust. They claim the raw data is from US government sources. The same info appears on other sites, so hard to know where it first originated. The one defect in the meme is that the articles say the 337k bombs were dropped by the US and its allies.

Yesitsme

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Russian excuse for starting the situation or operation as they call it is "where were you last eight years when Ukraine kept on provoking us"
I got news for you you invaded crimea eight years ago so naturally Ukraine will try to defend themselves and you will be watching your tail, like the theif that runs and thinks everyone is staring at him

Reaction score
The Russian excuse for starting the situation or operation as they call it is "where were you last eight years when Ukraine kept on provoking us"
I got news for you you invaded crimea eight years ago so naturally Ukraine will try to defend themselves and you will be watching your tail, like the theif that runs and thinks everyone is staring at him
Ukraine is a horribly corrupt country from top to bottom. BUT-- If that is an excuse for invasion, then perhaps the US should invade Mexico..... (or the other way around??? LOL) Russia could have F'd with Ukraine any number of other ways instead of invading. Although--- seeing their utter incompetence on the battlefield has been enlightening.

Reaction score
Ukraine is a horribly corrupt country from top to bottom. BUT-- If that is an excuse for invasion, then perhaps the US should invade Mexico..... (or the other way around??? LOL) Russia could have F'd with Ukraine any number of other ways instead of invading. Although--- seeing their utter incompetence on the battlefield has been enlightening.
I don't know if Ukraine is or is not corrupt, but I would tend to think that there are parts of it that is from what I have read. Still, Russia had NO RIGHT to invade a sovereign nation. I will continue to say this over, and over. Now, if Ukraine had been conducting terror attacks on Russian soil, launching missiles or rockets across the border into Russia, etc, etc (think Israel) then yes, Russia should smite them. But I don't believe this was the case, or am I wrong?

A sovereign nation is a nation that has one centralized government that has the power to govern a specific geographic area. Under the definition set by international law, a sovereign nation has a defined territory with just one government.

Reaction score
<snip>.... Still, Russia had NO RIGHT to invade a sovereign nation. I will continue to say this over, and over. Now, if Ukraine had been conducting terror attacks on Russian soil, launching missiles or rockets across the border into Russia, etc, etc (think Israel) then yes, Russia should smite them. But I don't believe this was the case, or am I wrong?

A sovereign nation is a nation that has one centralized government that has the power to govern a specific geographic area. Under the definition set by international law, a sovereign nation has a defined territory with just one government.
You 100% exactly NAILED IT!

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Mexico has been invading the US, for many years. We are so stupid, once they are in our territory, we give them free money, healthcare, jobs and they are literally taking food out of our babies mouths and giving the food to the invading illegal aliens, for free.

I'll jump off my soapbox, now......

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I found this channel to be relatively fair in his attempts to assess the situation:

Ukraine: military situation update with maps, May 17, 2022

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I ran across this meme that's an example of why I say the US has no standing to be criticizing Russia.
View attachment 128139

I don't want to be posting junk here and made an attempt to sanity check the 337,000 bombs claim. Here's a bit of what I found, mostly from New York Times, no less.
  • In Syria and Iraq, 1,000 strikes with 4,727 bombs and missiles.
  • In Syria, 70 civilians killed and a dam on the "no strike" list bombed
  • In Yemen, over 100 civilians killed with US made bomb dropped by Saudi Arabia
  • In Afghanistan, one strike killed 10 civilians including 7 children
Wouldn't the western governments be crying "war crimes" if these things were done by a non-western government?

I may have tripped across the source of data for the meme: ‘Hey, Hey, USA! How Many Bombs Did You Drop Today?’
Not a source I'd want to blindly trust. They claim the raw data is from US government sources. The same info appears on other sites, so hard to know where it first originated. The one defect in the meme is that the articles say the 337k bombs were dropped by the US and its allies.
There is no doubt that the USA has done some terrible things, and this is why having independent journalists and news are so critical in a functional Democratic Republic.

This combined with a solid independent judicial branch of government and ability for people to sue governments and those in seats of power, or acting on behave of those in power is a critical part of the balance to keep the system from becoming excessively abusive.

example: iirc Bush Jr was sued for War Crimes in the USA .. don't think it is possible for Russians to sue Putin for war crimes in Russia.

Now, that stated .. Realpolitik .. and the history of mankind and conflicts .. not pretty by any means.

So, the question:

So, should we have not gone into Afghanistan? Should we have let Bin-Laden live free??

Sometimes we have to choose sides .. and sometimes the sides and allies we choose are not choir boys .. just like some of the leaders in the world.

Ukraine is not Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Syria, nor Yemen .. Ukraine and Russia are far more impactful to the world economy than all of those nations combined.

The entire world has been impacted by Russia's invasion, and thus everyone should be concerned and evaluate what is next. This has changed the world, and not in a good way.