UK CCTV Purchasing?

M34

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum, but looking at getting 6x cameras + NVR (to then hook up to BI)

I'm based in the UK, and seem to struggling to find anywhere to find unless it's through Amazon / eBay. I was going to go with the Reolink devices, but seen too many positive / negative reviews regarding them.

I looked at Dahua 5442 but most places here i've found require trade info which I can't provide.

Is anyone else in the UK able to let me know best places to purchase?

Thanks

NielK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum, but looking at getting 6x cameras + NVR (to then hook up to BI)

I'm based in the UK, and seem to struggling to find anywhere to find unless it's through Amazon / eBay. I was going to go with the Reolink devices, but seen too many positive / negative reviews regarding them.

I looked at Dahua 5442 but most places here i've found require trade info which I can't provide.

Is anyone else in the UK able to let me know best places to purchase?

Thanks
I'm also in the UK. I bought 7 x Dahua 5442 from @EMPIRETECANDY via this forum. He was helpful (eg chosing the right models and associated mounting boxes), offered decent prices and delivery from Hong Kong was within a fortnight. The cameras have been great too. If (ok, when) I get the urge to buy more cameras, I will buy from him again.

My father has a set of Reolinks. They are quite good in daylight, but pretty hopeless for capturing clear videos of moving objects at night .

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you considered sending Andy of Empire Tech an e-mail or PM? Located in Hong Kong, he's the go-to guy on this forum; his prices, service and shipping speed are great!
His username is @EMPIRETECANDY

His profile contains all his store and contact info.
I can vouch for @EMPIRETECANDY . I've bought a few cameras from him over the years and had them delivered to Ireland without a scratch and always within expected shipping window. Andy is my 1st choice go-to for cams now.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi and welcome

I recently bought 8 cameras and an NVR from @EMPIRETECANDY. The order was split up into a number of consignments and all arrived to the UK in good order within a week. He shipped them by Fedex and i could see where they were at all stages using the tracking numbers provided.

It's refreshing to get a quality service these days :)

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm in the UK and like you when deciding to cam up my property did lots of reading and initially tried to source the cams locally but what I found is similar to you, that decent cams are only sold through dealers and if you had managed to get a price then they would be very expensive. Also, Andy has access to cams that either aren't stocked by local dealers or if they are then there is a significant increase in price.

I then did lots of reading here and was advised to contact Andy @EMPIRETECANDY and placed my first order with him some 2 years ago and also placed another order sometime this year. No complaints whatsoever, Andy is very helpful, offers loads of advice and when it comes to buying from him it's as easy making a purchase locally. Both of my orders arrived at my door within 5 business days and were well packaged.

There are some things that you do need to consider, namely support but for me the lower prices for the cams and associated hardware far outweighed any associated risks. I've not had any issues with any of the cams I purchased from Andy and where there have been niggles he and the people of these forums have helped to resolve these.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My father has a set of Reolinks. They are quite good in daylight, but pretty hopeless for capturing clear videos of moving objects at night .
Reolink produces such clear images on a tiny phone screen, until you actually need the footage and it's a pixelated mess.
Thank goodness I went to Dahua stuff and paid attention to the specifications.

Last edited:

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ADI should do a cash account, otherwise Oprema and Mast Digital are worth a try. Call them up.
The other thing about needing "trade info" depending on what it is, it's just easier to tell porkies.
Just setting up, sole trader, my name, etc etc. Nothing illegal to it, been doing it since I was 12yrs old to get stuff restricted to trade.

Andy is great but no offense to him at all, warranty is going to be more of a pain than buying locally.