Two Suspects Stealing a Hyundai- 10-24-2023

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looked like with the 2nd camera angle your PTZs were going crazy bombing them with infrared - did you get any clean captures there before they masked up?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
It looked like with the 2nd camera angle your PTZs were going crazy bombing them with infrared - did you get any clean captures there before they masked up?
"Unfortunately, no, it was trying to focus but then lost tracking. I also had another PTZ that was pointed in the direction, but it was thrown off due to the IR being reflected off a low-hanging leaf from my neighbor's tree.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"Unfortunately, no, it was trying to focus but then lost tracking. I also had another PTZ that was pointed in the direction, but it was thrown off due to the IR being reflected off a low-hanging leaf from my neighbor's tree.
I hate it when that happens.

Also shows why we say that a PTZ is not a replacement for a fixed camera.

Too many variables can cause it to miss, but then when it does connect, it is a great compliment to an existing system, as your other door checker video shows.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I hate it when that happens.

Also shows why we say that a PTZ is not a replacement for a fixed camera.

Too many variables can cause it to miss, but then when it does connect, it is a great compliment to an existing system, as your other door checker video shows.
Yes. I've observed numerous instances, both during the day and night, where the PTZ camera functions effectively. However, there are times when it loses or drops its tracking capability. In such situations, the fixed camera comes to the rescue. Nevertheless, when the PTZ is operational, it offers the advantage of providing closer views with tracking subjects that is why I have fix cameras along with PTZ setup.