Triggering for Rear License Plate

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow that isn't very good. Wonder if the chipset has changed again.

Add some make time, try 0.3. I think that speed bump is going to be problematic for you as that is causing an early headlight bounce off the pavement.

Make the min object size about the size of the plate. It won't knock out the bounce, but a little larger and the make time may get you closer.

You may need to make a custom Deepstack model that you draw boxes around the plates for your field of view so that it isn't sending tons of pictures to Plate Recognizer.

Post a screenshot of all of your camera gui settings.

We may need to drop gain down or iris or increase difference between brightness and contrast.
Here are the camera settings - focusing on Night settings for now.

Illuminator.JPGFocusZoom.JPGBacklight.JPGExposure.JPGPicture.JPG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do not make the gain a range - that is what is washing it out. Make the number the same. 80 looks like too much, so try 60-60

And get off of default 50 settings for brightness, etc. as that is contributing to the problem. Did my settings ever show up either here or in DM?

Going down that page brightness to gamma, make them:

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah the last video is closer - looks like a combo of dropping gain (maybe try 60-60) and lower the iris and increase the difference between the brightness and contrast will pop it off the page.

Try running NR lower and turn off Smart IR and do manual IR and blast them at 100.
IR already Manual at 100%
Will set gain to 60
Iris at
Do not make the gain a range - that is what is washing it out. Make the number the same. 80 looks like too much, so try 60-60

And get off of default 50 settings for brightness, etc. Did my settings ever show up either here or in DM?

They did in DM. Thanks.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

And get off of default 50 settings for brightness, etc. as that is contributing to the problem. Did my settings ever show up either here or in DM?

Done.

Now waiting for a victim to drive through to see how it works .... ;)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is the screen where I was saying you could tell BI to ignore the first trigger (headlight shine off due to the speed bump) but then trigger for the next one which is hopefully the plate!

1629002729386.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the gain set 60-60? Notice how the image lightens up as the car goes by and then darkens - that tells me it is a range like it is set for 0-60. And we still don't have a clean plate ugh.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What do you think is causing the IR to illuminate the bush in the foreground, and then it goes dark after the car passes? You think that is the gain setting?

Damn. Just had a car roll through and no trigger at all, so no capture.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well dang. Thought sure it was the gain as a range. Is smart IR turned off?

How busy is your street?

Most of us either park a car or have a family member or friend stop in the field of view so we can dial in the settings.

Make sure under profile management it's set to night.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And try 8192 bitrate and CBR and H264 - not sure what your settings are for those.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well dang. Thought sure it was the gain as a range. Is smart IR turned off?

How busy is your street?

Most of us either park a car or have a family member or friend stop in the field of view so we can dial in the settings.

Make sure under profile management it's set to night.
IR set to Manual and 100% Far and Near.

It's a residential neighborhood in the center of Phoenix. About 1500 triggers per day when I was testing earlier. We did have an unusual for us rain burst earlier in the evening.

Yep, profile management set to Day/Night.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And try 8192 bitrate and CBR and H264 - not sure what your settings are for those.
OK ....

Changing from H265 to H264
Bitrate Type from VBR to CBR
And Bitrate to 8192

Done

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Fingers crossed that takes care of it or at least gets it close enough that it is fine tuning!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Restart camera in BI since the coding changed.