TP Link NC250 - ONVIF compliant but having issues. Any Ideas?

GeoffWA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am playing around with a TP Link NC250 and was seeing if I could get it to work with my HIKVISION 7616 NVR. I haven't had any luck just specifying ONVIF in NVR setup menu so am trying to see if there are any issues via "ONVIF Device Manager". It is found by ODM and appears to be accessed in some pages but not all and cannot get any video. I have posted some screens. Does anyone see any clues here as to what the issue(s) is?

cheers
Geoff

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On the profile2 that you've selected in ODM - that's an MJPEG VGA resolution that will give postage-stamp sized images and videos.
Presumably profile1 will give you the H.264 and the 720p that the camera supports.
Check in the camera web GUI that the 'main stream' is selected in the video settings.
For the ONVIF configuration in the NVR you will need to know the 'ONVIF port', which is usually not 80.
This can be seen in the URL at the bottom of the 'Discovery' page in ODM.

GeoffWA

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
Had a quick look at the other profiles, none are 720p, The camera GUI has 1280x720 and is fixed, only fps is selectable.

I'm off out now, I'll play around a bit more tomorrow.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This can be seen in the URL at the bottom of the 'Discovery' page in ODM.
Correction - I meant the 'Identification' page in ODM for the URL that will show the ONVIF port.
If there is no explicit port showing - then it is 80.

GeoffWA

n3wb
Reaction score
Played around with it a bit more, tried addressing the cam with iSpy, similar result, locates cam but cant get to a point of displaying video. The ports declared in the ONVIF info are 80 and 8080. No matter what changes I make the ONVIF profiles list the resolution as 640x480. I get the feeling there is something not quite right with the way the cam software interacts with 3rd parties. It works as described with the TP Link PC software and android phone app. I'll just use it in stand alone mode saving to the PC as I originally planned, just wont have the luxury of having it attached to the NVR.