[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got it!!!
I may be missing the obvious but I don’t see the benefit of doing this. If my wife started seeing this in her notifications she wouldn’t be to happy.

Sireone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I may be missing the obvious but I don’t see the benefit of doing this. If my wife started seeing this in her notifications she wouldn’t be to happy.
Well, this helps me to also fine tune the confidence limits. Not really for my wife.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can review each alert in AI TOOL and tune the confidence levels there. Easiest way IMHO.
Agreed, if you're going to make adjustments you are in the application anyway. And you can review multiple confidence levels all at the same time.

Ripper99

n3wb
Reaction score
You can review each alert in AI TOOL and tune the confidence levels there. Easiest way IMHO.
When I review images in AITool and notice my Cat is being detected as a dog I noticed I can right click and have the "Prediction details" option, is this where you adjust confidence levels? I'm sorta confused as to where to tell it this isn't a dog but its a cat or sometimes it detects my dog thats 35 lbs as a person on cameras that I have it to detect both dogs and people, on another camera where I have it detect dogs and cats...sometimes the Cat if detect as a dog and I need to specifically detect the dog when he eats cat food. :)

I see also when I click a camera and in this example its the "Kibble cam" and I am trying to detect if the Dog is eating the Cat food so I have both checked as "relevant" objects and then for "Confidence Limits" it has lower limit set to the default of 0 and upper set to 100....do I change the lower or upper limit to stop it detected the Cat as a dog? Any guidance appreciated as I didn't see a document or much info saying how to adjust this for accuracy within AiTool 2.0

astroshare

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I don't think you can modify it that way. The way I understand it, the confidence level adjustments mean that if DeepStack sends the image back with 40% dog or 40% cat detection, and you have the minimum level set to 50, then it won't alert. I don't believe you can adjust it by type of detection (dog, cat or person). I have this happen all the time also with my cat. She always gets picked up as dog or cow (since she is white with black spots), rarely as a cat.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have not been following this thread for the last 4 months. Has the algorithm for motion detection been improved (especially at night)? Or is it still exactly the same?

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have not been following this thread for the last 4 months. Has the algorithm for motion detection been improved (especially at night)? Or is it still exactly the same?
Well I can only speak for me and my set up- Never really had any daytime issues. Night is better than it was...but still problematic, There have been numerous other improvements however.

manstess

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get the cameras working on their side (portrait) whe you turn the image 90deg in BI it distorts the jpg snapshot and deep stack can’t really accurately detect.....

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is now a Windows NVIDIA GPU version of Deepstack AI

To install and use DeepStack GPU version on your Windows machine, follow the steps below
Once the above are installed, download and run DeepStack GPU version for windows via the link below.

>> Download GPU version for Windows

Note: Both the new CPU and GPU versions can be started from either Powershell or Windows Command-lines making them easy to start\automate.

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
Flagging issue is now fixed on version 5.3.7.13
Seems it was intentional before 5.3.7.13. When I added "trigger" to the url (/admin?trigger&camera=) the clips would get flagged but then I had some other issues with clips being labeled as 0 secs.

I contacted BI support, explained how I have mine setup and they replied:

Ok now I see the issue ... the current version only updates the "lastalert" property and new alert counters for a camera when there's an actual alert. Since you are filtering out motion alerts, this makes sense now.

Please re-enable the alert for motion on the Alerts tab. If you only want push, email, etc other actions for the camera when NOT motion, please disable motion from these alert actions specifically, not for the entire alert.
A day later I received:
FYI, for 5.3.7.13, I am partially reverting this, so that the flagalert operates on the most recent alert, while preserving the "most recently confirmed alert" for other purposes, such as display in the iOS app.

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you mind sharing your trigger URL?
This is the one I use.

Code:
http://127.0.0.1:81/admin?camera=[camera]&flagalert=3&memo=[summary]&user=[Username]&pw=[Password]&flagclip
That will flag and set it as a confirmed alert (S logo). If you just want to flag it then use flagalert=1. My alert settings are setup like this

astroshare

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is the one I use.

Code:
http://127.0.0.1:81/admin?camera=[camera]&flagalert=3&memo=[summary]&user=[Username]&pw=[Password]&flagclip
That will flag and set it as a confirmed alert (S logo). If you just want to flag it then use flagalert=1. My alert settings are setup like this
Thank you! Is it necessary to enable Alerts in BI if I'm only using the Telegram notification directly from AITOOL?

astroshare

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still getting 0 sec clips with the trigger URL below... Camera is recording only when triggered by Motion in BI. Clip gets flagged correctly though.
Cooldown time in AI TOOL camera setting is 0.25 minutes. No cancel URL.
Code:
http://192.168.5.15:8181/admin?camera=backyard1&trigger&user=aiuser&pw=password&flagalert=3&memo=[detection]&flagclip

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
Still getting 0 sec clips with the trigger URL below... Camera is recording only when triggered by Motion in BI. Clip gets flagged correctly though.
Cooldown time in AI TOOL camera setting is 0.25 minutes. No cancel URL.
Code:
http://192.168.5.15:8181/admin?camera=backyard1&trigger&user=aiuser&pw=password&flagalert=3&memo=[detection]&flagclip
Try removing the trigger part so that it looks like this:

Code:
http://192.168.5.15:8181/admin?camera=backyard1&user=aiuser&pw=password&flagalert=3&memo=[detection]&flagclip

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you! Is it necessary to enable Alerts in BI if I'm only using the Telegram notification directly from AITOOL?
It should be fine since Ai is doing all the notifications through telegram once it processes an image. I never tried unchecking everything since the main one I use is "Extern" that creates an alert when AI sends a trigger to BI (External).