[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
Flagging issue is now fixed on version 5.3.7.13
Seems it was intentional before 5.3.7.13. When I added "trigger" to the url (/admin?trigger&camera=) the clips would get flagged but then I had some other issues with clips being labeled as 0 secs.

I contacted BI support, explained how I have mine setup and they replied:

Ok now I see the issue ... the current version only updates the "lastalert" property and new alert counters for a camera when there's an actual alert. Since you are filtering out motion alerts, this makes sense now.

Please re-enable the alert for motion on the Alerts tab. If you only want push, email, etc other actions for the camera when NOT motion, please disable motion from these alert actions specifically, not for the entire alert.
A day later I received:
FYI, for 5.3.7.13, I am partially reverting this, so that the flagalert operates on the most recent alert, while preserving the "most recently confirmed alert" for other purposes, such as display in the iOS app.

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you mind sharing your trigger URL?
This is the one I use.

Code:
http://127.0.0.1:81/admin?camera=[camera]&flagalert=3&memo=[summary]&user=[Username]&pw=[Password]&flagclip
That will flag and set it as a confirmed alert (S logo). If you just want to flag it then use flagalert=1. My alert settings are setup like this

astroshare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is the one I use.

Code:
http://127.0.0.1:81/admin?camera=[camera]&flagalert=3&memo=[summary]&user=[Username]&pw=[Password]&flagclip
That will flag and set it as a confirmed alert (S logo). If you just want to flag it then use flagalert=1. My alert settings are setup like this
Thank you! Is it necessary to enable Alerts in BI if I'm only using the Telegram notification directly from AITOOL?

astroshare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still getting 0 sec clips with the trigger URL below... Camera is recording only when triggered by Motion in BI. Clip gets flagged correctly though.
Cooldown time in AI TOOL camera setting is 0.25 minutes. No cancel URL.
Code:
http://192.168.5.15:8181/admin?camera=backyard1&trigger&user=aiuser&pw=password&flagalert=3&memo=[detection]&flagclip

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
Still getting 0 sec clips with the trigger URL below... Camera is recording only when triggered by Motion in BI. Clip gets flagged correctly though.
Cooldown time in AI TOOL camera setting is 0.25 minutes. No cancel URL.
Code:
http://192.168.5.15:8181/admin?camera=backyard1&trigger&user=aiuser&pw=password&flagalert=3&memo=[detection]&flagclip
Try removing the trigger part so that it looks like this:

Code:
http://192.168.5.15:8181/admin?camera=backyard1&user=aiuser&pw=password&flagalert=3&memo=[detection]&flagclip

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you! Is it necessary to enable Alerts in BI if I'm only using the Telegram notification directly from AITOOL?
It should be fine since Ai is doing all the notifications through telegram once it processes an image. I never tried unchecking everything since the main one I use is "Extern" that creates an alert when AI sends a trigger to BI (External).

astroshare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try removing the trigger part so that it looks like this:

Code:
http://192.168.5.15:8181/admin?camera=backyard1&user=aiuser&pw=password&flagalert=3&memo=[detection]&flagclip
Yup, that did it. Thanks!

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yup, that did it. Thanks!
Sorry for the stupid question but the IP/port in your trigger is pointing to what? is that you BI box or deepstack? I use [BlueIrisURL] in my trigger is why I am asking.

Reaction score
Please pardon my ignorance. I haven't looked through the entirety of the thread, but the last 50 pages or so. I've gotten everything setup with the latest release of the forked AI tool. Now I'm just wrapping my brain around how best to process images without too many alerts.

Going to use my driveway as an example and see if I've got this right. I'm using the single camera method, and record 24/7.

So if I'm correct I should:
1. Still use blue iris motion zones and masking to filer out unwanted motion tigger's. For example, cars coming down the road.

2. In AI tools, I should use dynamic masking so it doesn't flag my cars in the driveway when a motion trigger does occur. (I think that's what dynamic masking is for???? Stuff that's always there.)

3. Additionally, I should set a static mask in AI to prevent any AI detection at the road level. I've also set my minimum to 30% positive to filter out junk.

4. Then use AI for my notifications.

Sound about right?

spammenotinoz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Tinbum, thanks for this I can confirm this version is working and I did not detect any malicious activity. (For others doesn't mean this is safe)
As it's not the version referenced in the Official Manual or Doco, do you have any background on where this version came from?

I do note a bug, where Mode = Low performs better than omitting the mode or putting Mode = High, other than that the Windows GPU performance is good.
I am using an old GTX 745 with no display connected (although this overclocks very high, just running stock) ~66ms to process 180x720 resolution images, compared to 300ms with an i7-6700.

Using on-board graphics for the display, to avoid conflicting with BI QuickSync.

cjowers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
a bug, where Mode = Low performs better than omitting the mode or putting Mode = High
by perform better, do you mean it has a faster response time?

omitting the mode likely defaults to the medium accuracy setting. I think 'low' (accuracy) should be fastest, followed by default, and then high (accuracy).

spammenotinoz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
by perform better, do you mean it has a faster response time?

omitting the mode likely defaults to the medium accuracy setting. I think 'low' (accuracy) should be fastest, followed by default, and then high (accuracy).
Yes, by better I meant faster.
Thankyou for clarifying what mode meant, I incorrectly believed it was performance not accuracy.

GPU bursts to 2% usage, so will try your multi-deepstack instance suggestion.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As it's not the version referenced in the Official Manual or Doco, do you have any background on where this version came from?

I do note a bug, where Mode = Low
It's official Deepstack, that's not a bug it will be faster in low.

Last edited:

pbc

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Still having major issues on the person identification side. Constantly missing things as obvious as this.
1610372029275.png
1610372048800.png1610372085636.png

Cool down period was not an issue (it picked up the person walking up on my driveway camera, but clicked only 2 pics in 4 minutes for this food delivery guy, and both times picked up the potted plants only.

Also the driveway cam while it caught the person walking from his car towards my door, didn't capture him when he left the door and went back to his car a few minutes later, I assume that's more of a BI settings issue, though not sure why it captures the person on the way in but not the way out?

JL-F1

n3wb
Reaction score
When using the latest VorlonCD / bi-aidetection

In the log sometimes I see:

"Could not trigger URL xx.xx.xx.xx"

It looks like this only happens when it is already triggered. Am I correct in assuming it will throw this error while it is already triggered or should I look further into what is happening in my system?

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone that is running the 2020.12 beta of deepstack, any clue what this is causing the below error? this is what is coming of in the stderr.txt file ( I am running the CPU version)

Here is the error:
Process Process-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\obj\windows-release\37amd64_Release\msi_python\zip_amd64\process.py", line 297, in _bootstrap
File "D:\obj\windows-release\37amd64_Release\msi_python\zip_amd64\process.py", line 99, in run
File "C:\DeepStack\intelligencelayer\shared\detection.py", line 138, in objectdetection
os.remove(img_path)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'C:\\Users\\baluc\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\DeepStack\\f28c9002-abb6-4e2e-a531-e7aa45b48e81'