[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Be sure you put a '-' before your Chat ID #, also be sure your bot is invited to the group.
Re reading the whole thread so that is why I am replying to one that is so far back- Anyway I have seen many reminders about including the "-" and it pops up in AI-Tool also but for me if I include it it will not work, I have to make sure and not use it. Curious if anyone knows why? the way I made the bot originally maybe?

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re reading the whole thread so that is why I am replying to one that is so far back- Anyway I have seen many reminders about including the "-" and it pops up in AI-Tool also but for me if I include it it will not work, I have to make sure and not use it. Curious if anyone knows why? the way I made the bot originally maybe?
I have never tried adding it and never had any issues either. The adage of If it is not broken don't try and fix it comes to mind.

Reaction score
Am I doing something wrong that would prevent Telegram text from showing? All I see is a picture.

I deleted the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\AITool and also the files in AppData\Local\WindowsFormApp2 and setup 1 camera from scratch and still only get a picture. Am I missing something here? I'm running version 2.0 also.

Attachments

barnyard

n3wb
Reaction score
Am I doing something wrong that would prevent Telegram text from showing? All I see is a picture.

I deleted the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\AITool and also the files in AppData\Local\WindowsFormApp2 and setup 1 camera from scratch and still only get a picture. Am I missing something here? I'm running version 2.0 also.
I think there's a big in that version. I tried to build it from the latest source because I believe Chris said it's fixed since the release, but I get errors. I had to roll back to the previous version

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I think there's a big in that version. I tried to build it from the latest source because I believe Chris said it's fixed since the release, but I get errors. I had to roll back to the previous version

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Looks like you were right! I tried version 1.81 and I receive Telegram captions as expected. But now I get an error when creating a custom mask lol. Looks like I'll just use 2.0 till there is an update which hopefully fixes this.

Thanks for the help!!

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Heads up: I just found out that if you remove "Spiny Lumpsucker, Pink Fairy Armadillo, Tasselled Wobbegong" from Additional relevant objects under the camera's tab, it causes aitool to trigger on anything that it recognises within it's database! This anomaly is present in build Version 2.0.149.7621 but may be present in other builds.

Last edited:

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For dynamic masking, say I add "Cars" under objects, which works great. It adds the mask under "active masks". Can someone please confirm, will any other object be detected in that mask? i.e. a person walking past? will it mask out all objects or only "cars"?

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For dynamic masking, say I add "Cars" under objects, which works great. It adds the mask under "active masks". Can someone please confirm, will any other object be detected in that mask? i.e. a person walking past? will it mask out all objects or only "cars"?
If you are trying to simply ignore cars you would be better advised to use the object detection facility and simply choose 'Person'
A masked out area will for the time it is masked stop anything being recognised in that area.

dnorris78

n3wb
Reaction score
I have everything setup and it is all working great ... except when I attempt to run DeepStack from the AI Tool I get errors when DeepStack launches. Otherwise DeepStack is processing images.

1606309302189.png

JL-F1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is everyone still using 'simple' motion detection or has 'edge vector' been fixed?

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is everyone still using 'simple' motion detection or has 'edge vector' been fixed?
I can't speak for anyone else, I am still using simple mode. I have not heard anything about a fix.

seth-feinberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So after combing through this thread and the tutorials for a few days now and I think I have the resources/it makes sense for me to simply record on the 4k streams 24x7 (I currently have all my cameras cloned and am recording 24x7 on the low res stream and sending alerts to record the 4k stream)

I have a few questions:

For Trigger URL's, the [Camera] variable doesn't seem to work for me in any format of Long or sho
rt name of the camera, so I just hardcoded it in the URL:
http://localhost:47201/admin?camera=BackYardHD&trigger&user=aiuser&pw=password http://localhost:47201/admin?camera=BackYardHD&flagalert=1&trigger&memo=[summary]&user=aiuser&pw=password
1. If I'm only using the 4k stream recording 24x7 and then flagging events that AITool finds, why would I still need the first URL? I guess I'm wrong to have guessed that one calls BI to start recording?
2. And is the "[summary]" supposed to be included in the url verbatim? and for that matter is leaving it as [camera] supposed to pull in the camera name you set above in settings? Currently I have them all "hard coded" all as the same Short Name i entered above. So a different URL for each camera.

Finally, I have one clarification on the process:

3. Will i be able to use these "flags" to define what clips i save going forward? For example. If I'm recording the 4k stream 24x7 but AI detects a motion/person on that camera only for 5 minutes in a 24 hour period, will i be able to separate out the 5 minute clip for longer term storage and delete (or allow to be overwritten) the other 23 hours and 55 minutes?

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
HEY BATMAN! (@Chris Dodge ) I'm feigning for an update brother, You got one coming? :D No seriously great work thanks for all the work (and everyone else also of course).... No really what's up with some updating...

View attachment 75646
BATwho? You have me confused with someone else. Talk with the commissioner. :) Time is all I need but cannot find.

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I am running the Windows version of Deepstack (no Docker) I downloaded a 2nd version on a separate Windows computer, attached is how I entered the information in AI-tool. 1. did I do it correctly? 2. How do I know if it is working, I do not see anything in the log to tell one way or the other. Also on the second machine, There is still no way to minimize the DS window, am I correct? TIA.

Attachments

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I am running the Windows version of Deepstack (no Docker) I downloaded a 2nd version on a separate Windows computer, attached is how I entered the information in AI-tool. 1. did I do it correctly? 2. How do I know if it is working, I do not see anything in the log to tell one way or the other. Also on the second machine, There is still no way to minimize the DS window, am I correct? TIA.
I have never needed additional deepstack performance but looking at your setting you are only pointing to one machine and using two ports. You will need to give aitool the address of the second machine running DS i.e 192.168.1.10: XX
127.0.0.1 is a virtual address that reflects the adress of the computer it is used on, hence you are pointing to the same computer except different ports.