[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I used AITool before CPAI, one thing I miss is the ability to send alert images to Amazon Rekognition. I'm curious if anyone else used that feature and how did it work for you?

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My deepstack instance just happened to get corrupt the other day. I wipped both DS and AITool to start over, but I fkd around and installed the newer GPU version of DS cuz I had both versions in my download folder. Turns out I had forgot the newer GPU version of DS has a memory leak... at least using a P400, took me all night to nail it down to the version of DS I was using. NIGHTMARE.

Last edited:

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had to stop using docker desktop as that seemed to have a memory leak.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
New update for AITool;

Brilliant thanks
Nice easy upgrade this time - no issues this time - before I had to make a copy of my folder - delete the original, then do a full install and sometimes copy the masks across (would ask to copy the registry settings which I did).

This time it overwrote the original folder smoothly and kept all the masks and settings- no bugs
Also codeproject in the server settings - awesome! (said deepstack before even though the port was CP)

GentlePumpkin

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

GentlePumpkin

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding Flagging clips using a trigger url and flagalert=x

http://localip/admin?camera=[cam]&flagalert=[x]&memo=[y]&user=[user]&pw=[pw]&flagclip

I figured there is a number of values for flagalert=x that place several different flags, for reference:
Rich (BB code):
1 = flag
2 = green hook
3 = flag + green checkmark
4 = person
5 = flag + person
6 = person + green checkmark
7 = person + green checkmark + flag
8 = auto + cancelled
9 = car + flag
10 = car + green checkmark
11 = car + flag + green checkmark
12 = car + person + cancelled
13 = car + person + flag
14 = car + person + green checkmark
15 = car + person + green checkmark + flag
16 = cancelled

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would like to upgrade my cheap basic motherboard to support my gtx970 fully as I believe it's only using half of the lanes.
Would the gpu work faster with an upgraded board using all 16?

Could do with more sata ports also for extra drives on my truenas.

ASrock B550 or X570 possibly. X570 looks like a decent option with 2 x PCI Exporess slots, 8 sata connectors and 2 x M.2ockets.

Any other recommendations?

1687459821313.png

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Another question ;)

In regards to size of prediction -I want to customize the size of objects like you can in Frigate.

I am sometimes picking up humans as cats or dogs (very large!).
How can I reduce the size limit of the detection of a cat or dog in relation to the image?
I knew how to do it for Frigate in the yaml but not sure how to do this in the AITool options.
Could be under the camera settings: Limit Size Percentage?
For example a human was detected as a Dog in the prediction details : PercentOfImage = 1.9%
In the setting above I have max 95%. Would I change this to max x% maybe 1%

1687462194967.png

Thanks

Attachments

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would like to upgrade my cheap basic motherboard to support my gtx970 fully as I believe it's only using half of the lanes.
Would the gpu work faster with an upgraded board using all 16?

Could do with more sata ports also for extra drives on my truenas.

ASrock B550 or X570 possibly. X570 looks like a decent option with 2 x PCI Exporess slots, 8 sata connectors and 2 x M.2ockets.

Any other recommendations?

View attachment 166014
Find the motherboard manual/pdf - Some slots dont support full x16 speed. It will tell you which do and dont. Typically slot 1 is the fastest and is assumed the video card will be there. And sometimes a slot speed will be reduced depending on what other devices you have plugged in (sata, nvme, etc). I disable sata on my motherboard to get better speed in one slot.

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Another question ;)

In regards to size of prediction -I want to customize the size of objects like you can in Frigate.

I am sometimes picking up humans as cats or dogs (very large!).
How can I reduce the size limit of the detection of a cat or dog in relation to the image?
I knew how to do it for Frigate in the yaml but not sure how to do this in the AITool options.
Could be under the camera settings: Limit Size Percentage?
For example a human was detected as a Dog in the prediction details : PercentOfImage = 1.9%
In the setting above I have max 95%. Would I change this to max x% maybe 1%

View attachment 166017

Thanks
Yes thats the right spot to change the min size for a specific animal. Be aware it can be highly dependent on how far away the object is. If you have a camera that sees both near and far it may mess with detecting farther objects if you set that higher.

Maybe look at the "PercentSizeStats" column for a better estimate of what you should limit it to.

I wanted to know when dis fucking groundhog was munching on me flowers and he was often detected as a squirrel so I set it higher so I would only get really fat squirrels :)

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've always had doubts about these 2 settings on the AI tool.
Do we have documentation anywhere or can someone explain please?
Also the Cooldown seconds?
Many thanks
1687891128536.png

Last edited:

HillSonMX

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, back here, just having some issues with AITOOLS not receiving telegram cams screenshot, I already upgrade version hoping this work again but still not working......here are some pictures waiting for help from your, my community. Good weekend !! :headbang:

Telegram and AITools Logs

Attachments

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi everyone, back here, just having some issues with AITOOLS not receiving telegram cams screenshot, I already upgrade version hoping this work again but still not working......here are some pictures waiting for help from your, my community. Good weekend !! :headbang:

Telegram and AITools Logs
Says you are using the same bot somewhere. You need a unique one for AItools. This happened to me a while back.

barnyard

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, my setup has been in a box for over a year and a half, but was working fine before the move. I'm trying to get it set up in the new place. Detection and everything appears to be working fine, but telegram notifications aren't working. I deleted my bot, and created a new one, but still nothing. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

edit I updated to the latest version of AIToo, and it's working again!

Last edited:

nirt00

n3wb
Reaction score
HI, I am trying to add a Camara to new installation of AItool. every time it crashes when I choose camara.
I installed it via the AIToolSetup.2.5.44.EXE.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is this still maintained? Anyone still using it?
Been a while since I last used it. See the last version was 8 months ago.
Or with the advancements and development of BI and CPAI most have stopped using it?
Some of the finer adjustments were useful

cscoppa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Or with the advancements and development of BI and CPAI most have stopped using it?
Between what you can do in Blue Iris and the settings of CodeProject's AI server, you can pretty much do everything and this isn't needed.

Some good info: Blue Iris Webcam Software - CodeProject.AI Server v2.5.0

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I still use AI Tool. I tried the AI built into BI, but I came back to AI Tool for two primary reasons. AI Tool allows the use of multiple AI servers so it can spread the workload across multiple machines for speed and redundancy. But more importantly when using AI Tool along with BI you have separate motion and AI masks. I find this feature useful for a few of my cameras.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I still use AI Tool. I tried the AI built into BI, but I came back to AI Tool for two primary reasons. AI Tool allows the use of multiple AI servers so it can spread the workload across multiple machines for speed and redundancy. But more importantly when using AI Tool along with BI you have separate motion and AI masks. I find this feature useful for a few of my cameras.
Great - that's why I was considering going back to it for redunancy and the extra stationary object function was very useful.
So still all working fine I see.
Is the developer still maintaining it do you know?