[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still using AI Tool + Deepstack GPU and very happy. The memo is useful (e.g. Person 90%), but is there any way to get the correct icons in the BI timeline? E.g. if a person is detected, show a person icon in the timeline. I only ever get the flag. The API doesn't seem to have an option for this, but maybe I missed it.
@animous This is explained in the BI5 docs, see screenshot below. Try flagalert.

Note, flagalert was added in more recent BI5 versions. If you are on some old version, this parameter may not be available.

Also, I've used AI Tool myself and have since upgraded to latest BI 5.6.x for CodeProject.AI integration for AI detection --- much more capabilities than AI Tools. There is no cost to CodeProject.AI and it can be used with CPU only or leverage your graphics card (GPU) for even more performance.

flagalert.png

animous

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the super helpful answer! :)

Note, flagalert was added in more recent BI5 versions. If you are on some old version, this parameter may not be available.
You're right! My bad, looks like I was looking at outdated doc. I'm on 5.5.2.5. I'll add this to the list of reasons to pay for a BI upgrade, haha.

Also, I've used AI Tool myself and have since upgraded to latest BI 5.6.x for CodeProject.AI integration for AI detection --- much more capabilities than AI Tools. There is no cost to CodeProject.AI and it can be used with CPU only or leverage your graphics card (GPU) for even more performance.
I've taken a few looks at CodeProject.AI in the past weeks, especially since the native BI integration and MikeLud1 said he'd port his custom models over. I guess what's been holding me back is 1) "if it ain't broke don't fix it", AI tool and DS have been working well; 2) I read some accounts of users reverting to DS after trying CP.AI because it's more ressource hungry and slower compared to DS (anecdotal and in their env of course) and 3) I'm running a measly GT1030 and saw feedback that 2GB was not enough (this may have changed, now see some modules can be disabled).
How's your experience for footprint + perf compared to DS?

Sorry, don't want to derail the thread or make it about switching to CP.AI!

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the super helpful answer! :)

You're right! My bad, looks like I was looking at outdated doc. I'm on 5.5.2.5. I'll add this to the list of reasons to pay for a BI upgrade, haha.

I've taken a few looks at CodeProject.AI in the past weeks, especially since the native BI integration and MikeLud1 said he'd port his custom models over. I guess what's been holding me back is 1) "if it ain't broke don't fix it", AI tool and DS have been working well; 2) I read some accounts of users reverting to DS after trying CP.AI because it's more ressource hungry and slower compared to DS (anecdotal and in their env of course) and 3) I'm running a measly GT1030 and saw feedback that 2GB was not enough (this may have changed, now see some modules can be disabled).
How's your experience for footprint + perf compared to DS?

Sorry, don't want to derail the thread or make it about switching to CP.AI!
@animous MikeLud1 custom models are included with the CodeProject.AI install package. No need for separate download. There are a number of interesting models you can use. Trust me, it's worth ~$35 upgrade. The BI5 integration to CodeProject.AI will allow you to do more advanced triggers at a camera level that is difficult with AI Tools only.

HillSonMX

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, monts ago AITool stop working sending telegram cams shot ( this is the way I use it for) so I find my AITOOL has a new version so I decided to update it, (form 2.0.0.xxxx to lastest 2.2.24.8133) then, AITOOL show me 2 error in log screen :

1) 1 about error 409, I must first delete Webhook to used Getupdates (Telegram API) , and I find the way I could do it

To solve this, delete the webhook you did setup using your bot-token by simply providing no url:
<token>/setWebhook
let's say, your bot-token: 12345:abxef3ed
So, you just perform this: make sure you wrote 'bot' before token, not only token itself!
FIX IT !!! :headbang:

2) (Something about not compatibility)
error_log.PNG
View attachment 143636
complete error message (attachment file)

*** I already received new AITOOL telegram funtion like screenshot etc, so that mean telegram is working fine, but not cams shots (my main use it for)

Any solution ???? :idk:

@Village Guy Do any comment about the issue?

Thanks all !!!

Attachments

_lucas_

n3wb
Reaction score
@animous MikeLud1 custom models are included with the CodeProject.AI install package. No need for separate download. There are a number of interesting models you can use. Trust me, it's worth ~$35 upgrade. The BI5 integration to CodeProject.AI will allow you to do more advanced triggers at a camera level that is difficult with AI Tools only.

Hello mate.
I recently paid for 1 year of blue iris upgrades and they only let me upgrade to 5.4.9.16 (07/29/2021).
I don't know why I can't update more than there, my subscription ends (9/24/2023)

cryppie

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone try using this with codeproject.AI without Blue Iris? I've been using this for about two years with DeepStack but would like to try out CP.AI.

Thanks!

cryppie

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes works fine see earlier in this thread.
I looked but couldn't find anything about running CP.AI without BI using this tool. I tried running it but am having no luck since the tool looks to have the command to run deepstack.exe hardcoded and I'm not seeing a place to modify it. Could you point me to the info?

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone try using this with codeproject.AI without Blue Iris? I've been using this for about two years with DeepStack but would like to try out CP.AI.

Thanks!
Do you mean with the AITool? I was hoping I could add the CP server to the AITool but it does not have that option. I added it as a discussion on Discussions · VorlonCD/bi-aidetection

Update think I got it working with CP, just was missing the /v1/vision/detection

1675449769441.png

Last edited:

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
CP installed and Deepstack stopped for now to see how it goes.
Using the AITool.

Now, one section of the AITool I never knew which to configure correctly is the linked server and combine results options.
I use an animal custom server from sunset-sunrise and the normal object one 24hrs a day.

I have tried both options, one as linked server and waits for the results from the other and none of these options ticked.
What is the difference? Just one queues and waits for the other to finish first? If nothing is ticked and both are running what difference will that make?
Thanks!
1675456056036.png1675456017449.png

cryppie

n3wb
Reaction score
CP installed and Deepstack stopped for now to see how it goes.
Using the AITool.

Now, one section of the AITool I never knew which to configure correctly is the linked server and combine results options.
I use an animal custom server from sunset-sunrise and the normal object one 24hrs a day.

I have tried both options, one as linked server and waits for the results from the other and none of these options ticked.
What is the difference? Just one queues and waits for the other to finish first? If nothing is ticked and both are running what difference will that make?
Thanks!
View attachment 152961View attachment 152960
I also tried that but the URL kept changing itself back to ../custom/.. Each time you open the window it's changed back.

Use the main server as "Use ONLY as a linked server" and then use Link on the custom models. Don't forget the dropdown to select the linked main server. This allows the same photo to be analyzed/marked up instead of separate.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had to put the custom first as main linked, then object standard from the drop down to the custom. Otherwise it does not work, and I get skipping image - queue 101 is greater than 100, adjust maximagequeuesize.

hmm this way its only using the custom model now. you have a point

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
oh what's this rubbish?. unticked queue in settings to try and solve it but still get this error

ERROR> Skipping image because queue (101) is greater than '100'. (Adjust 'MaxImageQueueSize' in .JSON file if needed): d:\aiinput\Front.20230206_222451386.jpg

well for now I have disabled the custom - thanks for letting me know about the bug. I've asked the developer how to fix this

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Funny, when it is windy, DeepStack Identifies our dog flag as a person, LOL

1677072442359.png

May need to raise my min confidence in BI to 60%,
seems all of the flag alerts are in the 40 to 50 percentages...
1677072794615.png

1677073921999.png

Ok, now going back I see it depends on the flag's position,
that is if the flag is wrapped around the pole.
Normally it identifies the flag as either a dog or cat:
1677072883494.png

1677074035523.png

I know, I know, the final fix would be to move the flag, but my wife won't let me :)
This is not a complaint nor a problem for me. I know I can also setup alert zones or hot spots but since the flag moves, I don't want to miss any other motion in that area in case of a vehicle break in.

Really just sharing since this was funny to me this morning...

Last edited:

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very happy with Codeproject now. Proving to be more stable and more accurate than deepstack. Got it running along side AITool. Picks up everything with hardly any false alerts. This was zoomed in, a small bird, every one of the 6 snapshots of this identified it correctly.

1677589871857.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Very happy with Codeproject now. Proving to be more stable and more accurate than deepstack. Got it running along side AITool. Picks up everything with hardly any false alerts. This was zoomed in, a small bird, every one of the 6 snapshots of this identified it correctly.

View attachment 155477
Yeah, I have been looking into switching now that BI supports it too. What I think I will do is have my Camera continue to run DeepStack and the same Camera run CodeProject.AI in another Window. Only difference I see is DeepStack is running on my GPU, where as CodeProject.AI will run on my CPU. I don't know if there is a GPU version of CodeProject.AI

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, I have been looking into switching now that BI supports it too. What I think I will do is have my Camera continue to run DeepStack and the same Camera run CodeProject.AI in another Window. Only difference I see is DeepStack is running on my GPU, where as CodeProject.AI will run on my CPU. I don't know if there is a GPU version of CodeProject.AI
I have CodeProject and deepstack on my gpu. When you install CP it automatically detects the GPU. Did not need to configure anything .I would not run it on the cpu.