[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Reaction score
@balucanb Try using a port other than 80. I use port 8383, and BI uses port 8282. Just a personal preference of mine to not have anything close to a default port of anything else.

Code:
docker run --restart=always -e MODE=High -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 8383:5000 --name deepstack deepquestai/deepstack:latest
Hit the trash can in the Docker Desktop next to the container you have running. Then, in PowerShell just past the code above. This will create a new container and Deepstack will be running on port 8383.

Last edited:

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@balucanb Try using a port other than 80. I use port 8383, and BI uses port 8282. Just a personal preference of mine to not have anything close to a default port of anything else.

Code:
docker run --restart=always -e MODE=High -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 8383:5000 --name deepstack deepquestai/deepstack:latest
You'll want to delete the container you have currently running by hitting the trash can, then use PowerShell to run the code I posted.
Do I need to shut it all down first, then run the command with a different port? Why would I change the port (not questioning you, I have no clue). I am not even sure it is all up and ready to go- I don't think it is, I went ahead and started AI-Tool and the deepstack tab is gone now, log says not installed as a window app no docker support yet (I uninstalled it when I tried this docker thing) I assume the tab being gone is normal since I switched to DOCKER? Thanks by way.

Reaction score
Do I need to shut it all down first, then run the command with a different port? Why would I change the port (not questioning you, I have no clue). I am not even sure it is all up and ready to go- I don't think it is, I went ahead and started AI-Tool and the deepstack tab is gone now, log says not installed as a window app no docker support yet (I uninstalled it when I tried this docker thing) I assume the tab being gone is normal since I switched to DOCKER? Thanks by way.
Yes, the Docker tab will be gone, normal. Not using port 80 has always been my practice for everything that wasn't supposed to be a normal webserver.
Hit the trash can (image attached) in the Docker Desktop next to the container you have running. Then, in PowerShell just paste the code above. This will create a new container and Deepstack will be running on port 8383. The second attached image shows my Deepstack running on 192.168.1.5:8383 (it's not 127.0.0.1 because I have it running on a different machine than AITools.)

Attachments

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the Docker tab will be gone, normal. Not using port 80 has always been my practice for everything that wasn't supposed to be a normal webserver.
Hit the trash can (image attached) in the Docker Desktop next to the container you have running. Then, in PowerShell just paste the code above. This will create a new container and Deepstack will be running on port 8383. The second attached image shows my Deepstack running on 192.168.1.5:8383 (it's not 127.0.0.1 because I have it running on a different machine than AITools.)
I will try that. Thanks. Also.... apparently I am an ass-hat who should be in time-out. Note to self BEFORE posting for help, start all the elements of the project and see if it works or not!!! I still do not think I have completed all the steps but when I opened AI-tool to see what would happen, I walked around the cameras and...I am getting alerts sent to telegram. YEA. They are still taking longer than I think they should however- the main reason I wanted to try the DOCKER version was tp speed things up, the log shows almost instant action but the time from detection to me getting the msg in telegram is not as fast as I would like- Problem with telegram or AI-tool? Thanks again.

Reaction score
I will try that. Thanks. Also.... apparently I am an ass-hat who should be in time-out. Note to self BEFORE posting for help, start all the elements of the project and see if it works or not!!! I still do not think I have completed all the steps but when I opened AI-tool to see what would happen, I walked around the cameras and...I am getting alerts sent to telegram. YEA. They are still taking longer than I think they should however- the main reason I wanted to try the DOCKER version was tp speed things up, the log shows almost instant action but the time from detection to me getting the msg in telegram is not as fast as I would like- Problem with telegram or AI-tool? Thanks again.
That I do not know. If you click the empty white space in Docker between your container name and the four buttons you'll see something like the image attached. This shows that my image processing is taking around 220ms. This is acceptable to me. You could remove the -e MODE=High from the Docker Run code to run Deepstacks in medium mode, or change it to -e MODE=Low to run it in low mode. Lower is faster but less accurate.

Attachments

shannondalebreaux

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can the AI tool detect a specific vehicle ? Like if I wanted to set up a automation with Home assistant change status when I'm home are not home with detections of my vehicle from my cameras with AI tool is this possible?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

barnyard

n3wb
Reaction score
Can the AI tool detect a specific vehicle ? Like if I wanted to set up a automation with Home assistant change status when I'm home are not home with detections of my vehicle from my cameras with AI tool is this possible?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
No, definitely not. It's just not capable of that. I personally have our phones as presence sensors through Smartthings

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

cjowers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this true for the Docker version? Wouldn't it just create another container that would be visible in the GUI and easily stopped?
I believe you would see it in the GUI, But some of the mentioned methods of running the deepstack server (powershell) don't use the GUI, so worth mentioning, and important for any method really. I didn't even know there was a GUI for some time :)

Reaction score
I believe you would see it in the GUI, But some of the mentioned methods of running the deepstack server (powershell) don't use the GUI, so worth mentioning, and important for any method really. I didn't even know there was a GUI for some time :)
Every time that I have started a Docker container via Powershell it has shown up in the Docker for Windows dashboard GUI.

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Every time that I have started a Docker container via Powershell it has shown up in the Docker for Windows dashboard GUI.
I know zero about Docker, check my post history , :) but I do know that it will show up in the dashboard as stated. Just did it yesterday and it is also the only time I have done it!

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
:rofl:
Perhaps, but as someone who has not yet summoned the courage to try Deepstack on Docker for Windows, I appreciate your stepping up and flushing out the issues that I surely will face when I get there.
I feel you man. I am old enough to tell stories about the dark ages...(dramatic music playing) BEFORE TECH.DUM, DUM ,DUM. LOL so while I am reasonably literate regarding tech- the DOCKER thing was a total black hole for me, I didn't and still don't really grasp the whole concept of what it is so I did not want to try it. But now that I have it working I feel better. For what it's worth- Everything you need to know is out there as long as you are willing to ask questions and do the 100 Google searches and reading required...I like most people am pretty lazy and impatient. I just want it all to be given to me in a simple to understand format, sometimes I find that ,sometimes I just Bit$% and Whine but ultimately get it figured out. My fall back is to ask one of my kids, I know I failed if I have to stoop to that LMAO. Best advice I can give you is to make sure you take the time first to look at all the steps, ensure you have meet any prerequisites, then read it all a second time before you start and of course make a back up of everything that is currently working so you can always go back to that while you hit the books before your second attempt!

Reaction score
Does anyone also use MQTT to implement this? In UI3, going to alerts, it’s showing all the snapshots and clips that are false alerts. Is this a problem only when using MQTT? I wanted to keep secure session keys and login page.

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okie dokie. Believe it or not I am trying...trying SO HARD, to do some custom models for deepstack. I KNOW RIGHT- WTH is this guy thinking?! Seriously here is where I am at and hope someone here is already doing this and can help me.
I have fumbled through the following-
Preparing Your Dataset
Step 1: Install LabelIMG
Step 2: Organize Your Dataset
Step 3: Run LabelIMG
Change Annotation to YOLO Format
Step 4: Annotate Your Dataset
Annotate Your Train /Test Dataset
Cloned the Google Caolb
copied it to my GD, mounted it, uploaded and unzipped my dataset folders.

Now I am stuck. Do I need to create a new cell and run some code or something so it "trains"? I am not seeing any model files or pth files so either I just think I did everything right to this point or just don't understand where to go from here.

As always TIA for any help.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score