Three Dahua Bricks... Is There a Trick to UNBrick?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If config can't find the cameras, it is not a BI issue. It is a camera or network issue.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is the significance (if any) of BI knowing the cams are there but not talking versus Config tool not knowing they are there?

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I suspected a switch going out but there are two of them (8 and 24 port) and the outages are randomly dispersed. Switching physical ports at the switches made no difference.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI seeing the cams and even showing an FPS leads me to believe there is a user/pw conflict.

Maybe the camera reset lost the ONVIF admin rights or reverts back?

Is there an @ in your password?

Did one of the options under TCIP/IP change and is preventing it access.

I might be wrong on the member, but I thought it was @IReallyLikePizza2 that "lost" his cameras changing a setting to try to make it more secure? If not, I do remember someone here in an attempt to further tighten their camera security had turned off the ability for the camera to be seen.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BI seeing the cams and even showing an FPS leads me to believe there is a user/pw conflict.

Maybe the camera reset lost the ONVIF admin rights or reverts back?

Is there an @ in your password?

Did one of the options under TCIP/IP change and is preventing it access.

I might be wrong on the member, but I thought it was @IReallyLikePizza2 that "lost" his cameras changing a setting to try to make it more secure? If not, I do remember someone here in an attempt to further tighten their camera security had turned off the ability for the camera to be seen.
I'm certainly open to every possibility, but I made no changes to logins anywhere and all the cams share the same login for almost two years, now. The PW is upper and lower alpha plus numeric plus an asterisk.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Even though BI isn't supposed to change any camera settings, we have seen some weird behavior collectively here with some cams. I have one camera that BI now turns MD and SMD on whenever BI is restarted and I know others have experienced that as well.

For kicks, make a new user/pw and include it in the ONVIF part of the camera gui and give that a try.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Even though BI isn't supposed to change any camera settings, we have seen some weird behavior collectively here with some cams. I have one camera that BI now turns MD and SMD on whenever BI is restarted and I know others have experienced that as well.

For kicks, make a new user/pw and include it in the ONVIF part of the camera gui and give that a try.
Noted, I can sure try that. I want very much for the fix to be from the keyboard and NOT involve pulling cams down for bench time.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Of minor note: in Dahua Config tool, setting the PW in the search setting does nothing. If I have the right subnet range, it finds the working cams even with the wrong or NO password.
Not sure if that's a win or a loss for config tool.

If I set the 1.108 just to check, no cams appear.... just to test that

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You said you have two on the bench. Have you tried powering them from a 12VDC supply? Maybe check "Get ONVIF events" in the camera config in BI on the video tab.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I more or less did that .. I enabled a white list, and guess what? I wasn't on it .. :screwy:

I reset, and all was good.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Wait... you're speaking of the web GUI for the camera which I can't actually get to, once I change the IP.

The only way I can get to any of these once they have stopped talking is to Physically reset them, then use the web gui to see them at 1.108, then I can change their password at which time it logs me out...then I log back into the cam with the new password *WHILE STILL on 1.108. Then, after having logged back in with the new PW I can then change the cam's ip. Then I am kicked out (have to change adapter settings to the new subnet) then I can't see the camera again with any program except for BI sort of knowing it's there.

An idea, though... even though I'm on a dual NIC and there should be no possibility of a conflict, I could try picking a whole new subnet and changing ALL the cams. But there at least four that would require physical resetting. BAH!!!

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You said you have two on the bench. Have you tried powering them from a 12VDC supply? Maybe check "Get ONVIF events" in the camera config in BI on the video tab.
I can't see them in BI. See above. Once they went offline, the ONLY way I've been able to talk to them (referring to the two on the bench, specifically) has been to physically reset them and then I can see their streams in the web gui after changing the PW and before changing the ip. After changing their ip, NOTHING will talk to them. Physical reset required, lather, rinse, repeat

Edit: I have not tried the external power, but these two each have onboard LEDs that indicate power, tho not voltage. I have also switched physical ports at the switch.

Last edited:

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just noticed an other bit of weird, that probably means absolutely nothing....
Of the working cams, one of them is not a Dahua, it's some no name PTZ that I've had on the shelf and only recently deployed after the aforementioned 'bench cams' went out. The cam works fine, no issue its just that I had set it (I Think) as .22.26 ip and that's where the Dahua Config Tool sees it...… but BI sees it as 22.78. How in the world does that happen? It's the first on the Config tool and the last on the BI list.
maybe it IS the 'Rona cam

Attachments

Last edited:

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When you open a command prompt, and execute arp -a , what does it say the ip is for that mac address?
Haven’t done that, not familiar.
are you speaking in cisco?
what is the actual command line entry?

Last edited:

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I haven't thought through this methodically enough.
When I get home I will try another approach. since I can't see the camera with the web gui after using the web gui to change its IP, i need to first concentrate on that, Not Blue Iris.
As spelled out in post #6 above, the process using the web gui is:
1. reset button
2. CONNECT (1.108)
3. change PW
4. reconnect (1.108)
5. change ip
6, reconnect (22.xx)

The fail is at #6 and this is before BI is in play.
I think I need to examine step 5 to hopefully fix step 6..... and THEN see if Blue Iris can see them, no?
Maybe there's some conflict that i just don't see?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just bring up a command prompt in Windows and type arp -a" (no quotes of course). You definitely have something funky going on there. Next time they're on 1.108 have a look at the firmware version. Maybe an update is available and to me this sounds like something is wrong in the firmware. The biggest question is why something went wrong in the first place in this many cameras. Maybe that PTZ is your Rona super spreader.

Last edited:

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Haven’t done that, not familiar.
are you speaking in cisco?
what is the actual command line entry?

This is something worth becoming familiar with, and that familiarity will ease troubleshooting efforts moving forward .. check out the link for a overview of use etc.

When you hear someone use the term 'ping', 'ipconfig', 'netstat', 'arp', or 'tracert' etc, the command prompt is where it's likely happening. Play around with some of the basic networking commands, and maybe even take screen shots of the results as you experiment with those commands.

Also learn how to halt a command (in mac it's ctrl-c for ex), that way when you've run a command which seems stalled, or you hadn't limited you can halt it, and move on. *If that ever fails though, don't panic, just x out of the command prompt window, and re-open it.