This Monster showed up at my door.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Doing a simple data transfer for a medical client, I worked with their data conversion team for x-ray images. I was told to install a 1TB hard drive for the data conversion in the server, did that about 2 weeks ago, they were going to ship me a external hard drive so i could copy the data they converted to the clients server. I was not expecting this. Neither were they, I called them because I needed the password to log in to this monster, nobody but nobody on that conversion team had a clue or knew the password. Its been 10 days and its being shipped back without me getting at the data off this Microsoft data box, pretty much overkill for a small amount of data, would you agree? I have seen these but never messed with one, it has to be on a network to transfer data, NO usb cables for a easy transfer. I weights in around 45 lbs.
Somebody on that team I,m guessing was using another 3rd party for the transfer and would not give up the Microsoft password for the Azure data box. What a cluster EH ? perhaps they screwed up and Hunters laptop data is on this.

azure.jpg

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
would not give up the Microsoft password for the Azure data box
On the Azure portal?
It sounds like that's the only way to process the data.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
On the Azure portal?
It sounds like that's the only way to process the data.
I had to throw it on my bench with a second NIC on the pc set to the Ip Pool of the machine, they gave me the IP of the machine and it brought up the management interface, From there If I had a password I could have gotten at the data, Seems who ever ordered the box has the password in there receipt from Azure or Microsoft. Its my understanding that when your order the data box, you can set a management password or Microsoft assigns you one, either way know body had it or for whatever reason. They are suppost to be generating a UPS pickup for it...very bizarre.