This is really difficult...

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
By the way, do you guys have night vision on your camera's? I was wondering if there's a way to enable that feature...

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you referring to my camera not working due to the DHCP not being enabled?
I think that it's a bit of a misnomer. Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but DHCP is mainly a server option that dispenses IP addresses to clients that request them. On a camera, it just means that if it's enabled, the camera will request an IP address OTHERWISE, if DHCP is disabled, you must set it manually.

With regard to your second question, if there are IR lights on the camera, it will have night vision. I'm online for the next hour (till 9:00pm here :)), so I'll stay tuned

Pete

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll have to look into it. Regarding the 4TB drive I have in the unit. The fan is pretty loud. I assume this is to keep the drive cool. Is there another alternative to using a drive? Can I remove the drive which will stir the fan and use some kind of cloud method to record? Thanks

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you have a cloud service that let's you upload 15-20Gb data per day, let the world know! We'll all sign up :) Loud fan is a problem with the fan, not the HD.

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe I can change the fan? I changed all the fans in my SSD enclosures, but getting a silent fan to cool a SATA drive may not be a good idea.

Reaction score
So I purchased a house last month which has 6 Hikvision camera's on the property. The person selling had a (Hikvision DS-7608NI-12/8P 8CH IP Network Video Recorder). While the house was on the market, I noticed he had everything working. He took the unit with him, so I purchased an identical unit from Amazon.

The DS-7608NI works. I can see it when using the SADP Tool on my Mac. What's not working are the camera's which are connected to the DS-7608NI via wired ethernet. I don't know what the seller did, and I thought to ask him some questions but I'm having difficulties getting in touch with him.

Under the PoE Settings, it seems the camera's are connected. D2 is disconnected for some reason. When I look under Maintenance > Camera, it seems the camera's are disconnected. I tried everything but I can't seem to activate them. I attached 2 pics.

Any suggestions for a newbie?

Thanks, I'd appreciate any help at this point.
Hi,
When you use SADP, can you see the individual cameras ?
Brian ?