The Typical picture of a Perp on Nextdoor-type Apps with Consumer Grade Cameras like Ring, Nest, Arlo, Canary, Wyze, etc.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that a even person? I can't tell if it looks more like a chicken head, cat head, or horse head.

View attachment 179499
Possibly LOL.

Here is the latest comments on that post LOL:

I would still like to know why the quality of these pictures seem to be always so low. Could it be possible that the camera manufacturers are purposely keeping the quality low so the perps can't be identified?

And the OP response OMG LOL:

My camera quality isn't horrible but this is a night vision camera so it's going to look that way also this is zoomed in alot so people can get a better look at clothing and shoes is what stands out the most!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Even a blind squirrel catches a nut LOL - Blink actually got a decent capture that someone should be able to recognize this punk with an arm brace that stomped on Amazon packages ruining medication and destroying Christmas decorations.

1701919449798.png

Love some of the comments:

Probably has a repetitive motion injury to his right hand...if you know what I mean.

Next time I'd get something better then a ring camera. You need a color video feed that black and white is useless to me (( ex security guard ))

Looks like a teletubby

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Finally got more than a lost/found dog/cat post on my local Neighbors.

We have had a rash of door checkers in my area, apparently a neighborhood not far from me got hit last night.

Ring Floodlight cam. Yes, he is wearing a mask, but even if he weren't you still wouldn't have enough to ID.

If you are going to constantly park in your driveway put cameras in place with the specific purpose of being able to ID these people.

1702230564435.png

Link to video, it won't let me imbed.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got more than a lost/found dog/cat post on my local Neighbors.

We have had a rash of door checkers in my area, apparently a neighborhood not far from me got hit last night.

Ring Floodlight cam. Yes, he is wearing a mask, but even if he weren't you still wouldn't have enough to ID.

If you are going to constantly park in your driveway put cameras in place with the specific purpose of being able to ID these people.

View attachment 179714

Link to video, it won't let me imbed.
imho, now need to have at least 2 cameras covering the street in an attempt to get a good ID image on their car they are using .. ( one for an LPR attempt and the other for the car image )

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK how do you save the video from NextDoor - mine doesn't appear to have that option? I would love to add the video to the stills.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When I clicked on Ri22o's link it asked me if I wanted to save it. I did, then "insert"ed "media."
Yeah I get that part as it relates to this forum - how did he save it/download it from NextDoor? When I right click or hit the 3 dots, I don't have a save video option. Unless he saved it with a screen grab program.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I get that part as it relates to this forum - how did he save it/download it from NextDoor? When I right click or hit the 3 dots, I don't have a save video option. Unless he saved it with a screen grab program.
nevermind.jpg :lmao:

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On most pages the program"jdownloader2" does work. Just copy the direct link and it will inspect it and find the video source.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Proof that digital zoom doesn't work.

This is in a store with ideal lighting. And people wonder why digital zoom doesn't work when there is very little light.

This was the post:

On 12/06/23, the male suspect pictured below removed items from a shelf at Kroger. The suspect then took the items and returned them to the service desk for a refund. The same suspect did this at the another Kroger store on 12/02/23 and 12/04/23.

1702416988045.png 1702417112435.png