The Typical picture of a Perp on Nextdoor-type Apps with Consumer Grade Cameras like Ring, Nest, Arlo, Canary, Wyze, etc.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here are a couple from a local resident trying to identify a trespasser... All I can tell is light blue coat, black pants.

Ring #AlwaysHome

Ring #AlwaysHome
Even the cheaper models of Dahua or Hikvision poe cameras would have a better image of the guy on the second video if he walk so close and in day time.

Another example of why WiFi cameras are not good for security surveillance, you will get pixelated images at the wrong time when their is movement.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Even the cheaper models of Dahua or Hikvision poe cameras would have a better image of the guy on the second video if he walk so close and in day time.

Another example of why WiFi cameras are not good for security surveillance, you will get pixelated images at the wrong time when their is movement.
Yep, the perfect opportunity for the money shot with the perp turned towards the camera and bright enough outside, and it is a pixelated mess

1696278914043.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They have his DNA, might be an easy one for the police if the guy is already on their books
Results are back !

a constable noted it was some chap called "Chaiiwala"

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will update this post if they post the picture, but we all know what it would look like LOL.

So they posted this:

"To the neato person that smacked the hell outta my side view mirror on my hyundai on lantana and kept on goin.... We have cameras bud. I hate calling the police so slide through and leave you insurance on my windshield or you forced my hand."

So then someone asked them:

"What kind of camera do you have that you can identify the car? I have lost two mirrors being parked in front of my house and my camera wasn’t able to catch a license plate only the side of the car."

To which the OP replied....wait for it:

"My camera is an Amazon product called Yi. I added a memory card to keep recordings longer just in case."

Yeah I am sure it caught good enough image and plates to identify the vehicle :lmao:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Here are a couple to laugh at from my pitiful POS Wyze doorbell cam. I got it with the chime for basically free. Not even worth that. Doesn't work with BI, only their app. Have several other cams covering the same area so, needless to say, it's not really used. Other than as a doorbell. It does do that OK. I'll give it that much.

IR glare from itself with how the lens is designed is ridiculous. There's a ton of other IR out there. Without that it should look decent even being a cheap cam but you can't turn it off and stay in IR mode. It's either IR on or color. Color is slightly better but same thing. The way that the lens is designed it picks up glare from a porch light off to the side.

IMG_4535.PNGIMG_4534.PNG

Motion is completely useless in either case. No point in even posting.

Just complete crap all around.

ETA: One thing that it does do well is pick up pets/animals with its cloud based AI. I have to give it some credit for that. Especially given how lousy of an image it's working with.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone recognize this door checker:

1697232019954.png

1697232085972.png

Someone down the street has cameras also. Maybe they caught something.

Here is the car they came in - can anyone ID it and distinguishing features that make it obvious the police would have the correct car?

1697232185229.png

They caught them on the color camera too. I am sure this helps:

1697232296976.png