The problem I worry about.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Props to the parents for doing the right thing.
If they had done the right thing the'd of raised there kids not to be such lil shitheads.. but I digress; hope they have a dad to whop there asses a lil bit.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If they had done the right thing the'd of raised there kids not to be such lil shitheads.. but I digress; hope they have a dad to whop there asses a lil bit.
Eh, some kids have awesome upbringings but are just born to be rotten(from my experience many years ago), but yeah, hopefully their dad's gave them a proper ass whooping.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My wife has been using the next door app, and has been telling me that our neighborhood which is a nice area, has been getting a ton of issues of punk kids steal Christmas decorations, destroying them, and body slams into garage doors hard enough to ruin them.

Following footage is of the shit heads doing their work. It kind of worries me, that no matter how great the camera system is I'm building, it might not be good enough. :/

What exposure do you have these cameras at? seems like you have them at lower exposure,the reason I think this is because the video almost seems to bright, also when the kid is running you really can't get a good view. Now these problems also might be from youtubes compression, that's why am asking . The lowest I ever go with my cameras is 120 at night. 200 at the day time. Just curious

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What exposure do you have these cameras at? seems like you have them at lower exposure,the reason I think this is because the video almost seems to bright, also when the kid is running you really can't get a good view. Now these problems also might be from youtubes compression, that's why am asking . The lowest I ever go with my cameras is 120 at night. 200 at the day time. Just curious
No Idea Ryan, this was posted on a community page, from a near by neighbor I've never met. They did not disclose what their equipment was.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Eh, some kids have awesome upbringings but are just born to be rotten(from my experience many years ago), but yeah, hopefully their dad's gave them a proper ass whooping.
Awesome outcome here. The embarrassment of having to face the neighbors and apologize probably did a lot more than the law getting involved.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear they got caught and what their parents made them do. Nice capture, too.

@Ryan00 what PIR sensor do you have outside? Do you recommend it? I am in the market for a new one. Thanks.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Mike
I use this one here. Ecolink Z-Wave PIR Motion Detector, Pet Immune (PIRZWAVE2-ECO) Amazon.com : Ecolink Z-Wave PIR Motion Detector, Pet Immune (PIRZWAVE2-ECO) : Household Alarms And Detectors : Camera & Photo

These are indoor use only, so you have to weather proof it yourself. I used weatherproof silicone and some weather proof tape.also make sure you put the jumper on pet2. The least sensitive setting, I also made a small wooden box to put the sensor in so it will only pick up motion in one direction. You will need to mess around with it to get it so you won't get any false alerts , depending on the day the sun or wind blowing things might make it false. But mine has been fine outside we just had a snow storm and it was -10 degrees outside and it's still working fine. Also made it through the summer which was 100+ degrees . This little project only took about a hour and I'm pretty happy with the accuracy. Once every two months or so I do get a false alert but that's to be expected .

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

djstev1e

n3wb
Reaction score
At least now you know what time during the night these punks are causing havoc.

Maybe you can stake them out and surprise them with a shotgun pointed at their eyes. That will definitely get them to think twice about whether stealing Christmas decorations is worth it. They will also spread the word that your neighborhood is not safe for thieves.

Also, you may be able to clearly identify who they are after you surprise them. And with the video, submit it to the police to make an arrest.
This! I can see myself doing this and scare the shit out of them!